2019 Board Improvement Thread

immamac

You can’t go back & include a quote in edit, pretty big flaw around here. It does suck when you’re replying to the last post & wind up as the top post on the next page. 

You can just copy/paste what you’re trying to quote, but it won’t include the poster & time stamp. 

• 1 month later...

You can get close with activity streams. Create an activity stream for content posted by a particular user in a particular topic and only include content that you follow. You will get more than one thread potentially and you will have to follow the thread you are interested in.

Having to go public because no moderator will return a message.  Getting put in time out for an offense  is certainly understandable. Not knowing the post you were called out for is BS. Just making some blanket call of your banned because of shit posting is also very jr. high school if they're not gonna at least tell you the post you're banned for. People reporting posts is a little passive aggressive move as well usually.

I thought this site was better than that.  

Having to go public because no moderator will return a message.  Getting put in time out for an offense  is certainly understandable. Not knowing the post you were called out for is BS. Just making some blanket call of your banned because of shit posting is also very jr. high school if they're not gonna at least tell you the post you're banned for. People reporting posts is a little passive aggressive move as well usually.
I thought this site was better than that.  

I mean nearly all your posts in the DT thread are political so why would you need a particular one identified?

No I didn’t report you.

On 5/8/2020 at 10:28 AM, TonyTexas said:

Is their any way to search for  a specific user’s posts in a specific thread?  I’ve looked around and can’t find that tool. 

I'm sure Upper Westside can write an entire how to book on this.  The first thing he does every time he logs in is look for my posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance we could get different icons for "Mark forum as read" and "Go to first unread post?"  I realize that one is slightly larger than the other and applies to forums rather than threads, but that doesn't stop me from occasionally accidentally marking an entire forum as read when I really want to go to the first unread post.  Unfortunately, once you have done the former, you can't do the latter. 

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

The 'getting your feelings hurt' header is bitchass bitterness about someone getting their feelings hurt. Time to retire it IMO. 

No shit, it seems the people that are getting hurt are mods who ban for shit posting, but won't even give you the post that was allegedly shit posting...  This whole board is about shit posting in one form or another.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

just went back and looked at the old Bellmont board from shaggy. as far as posts that were made before the hostile takeover, that board was full of threads like "Shaggy Worst Posters HOF", "Time for a new motto", "The reputation thread", "tapatalk updated", "a thread that lets ya us know why someone got banned", and so on. it's interesting that shaggy had like 5x as many active users (more?), and yet despite all of the extra posters/traffic/work required to run that site people were all by and large happy. you look at this forum (the one run by immamac)'s version of Bellmont and it's nothing but "this site sucks, everything is broken, and the owner/admins are all terrible people who suck at their job here.

BUT WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THAT COMING?!?!?!

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Had my fair share of 'discussions/' admonishment from the mods.   i don't get the Immamac hate.

Straighten your shit out and they leave you alone.  It's like a fucking miracle.

A wise man once said "don't start no shit won't be no shit."  Probably before the internet.

4 hours ago, Iceman said:

Had my fair share of 'discussions/' admonishment from the mods.   i don't get the Immamac hate.

Straighten your shit out and they leave you alone.  It's like a fucking miracle.

Vic just nailed it. I don't know where you've been for the last 3-4 years+, but immamac has an extremely long and contentious history with the posters whom he "moderates". The number of times that he's banned someone for arguing/disagreeing with him is too many for me to count. he's aggy Campus Loopy. and seriously, i apologize to everyone who's been familiar with immamac and his bitchass ways for years now, because i'm going to sound like a broken record to you; still, for slorch's own edification, i will repeat for the hundredth time:

back on shaggy, when immamac banned me literally for no other reason than because he didn't like me (never mind the countless threads of mine that he locked and/or deleted just because a use he doesn't like me, both on shaggy as well as surly), he literally said, I am the cops. I just came onto your lawn and shot your dog. What are you going to do about it? Nothing."

yeah. he said that. he's that brash about his abuse of what pathetic little power he has over internet posters. is that cool with you, or do you now understand why so many people have such a distaste for immamac and everything he stands for? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

This sounds like people who say "comply and don't break the law and the cops won't kill you!"

sounds like you should avoid getting cuffed.

I missed the part where this was Vic's Playland and Land of the Fucking Orcas...

Edited by Iceman

7 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Vic just nailed it. I don't know where you've been for the last 3-4 years+, but immamac has an extremely long and contentious history with the posters whom he "moderates". The number of times that he's banned someone for arguing/disagreeing with him is too many for me to count. he's aggy Campus Loopy. and seriously, i apologize to everyone who's been familiar with immamac and his bitchass ways for years now, because i'm going to sound like a broken record to you; still, for slorch's own edification, i will repeat for the hundredth time:

back on shaggy, when immamac banned me literally for no other reason than because he didn't like me (never mind the countless threads of mine that he locked and/or deleted just because a use he doesn't like me, both on shaggy as well as surly), he literally said, I am the cops. I just came onto your lawn and shot your dog. What are you going to do about it? Nothing."

yeah. he said that. he's that brash about his abuse of what pathetic little power he has over internet posters. is that cool with you, or do you now understand why so many people have such a distaste for immamac and everything he stands for? 

because Derka was pure as the driven snow and never trolled anyone, right?/

ya fuckin waterhead.

Edited by Iceman

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

because Derka was pure as the driven snow and never trolled anyone, right?/

ya fuckin waterhead.

yep. Vic nailed it. this response is tantamount to, "well he had a criminal record so it's ok that the cop killed him for no reason and then bragged about it." classic slorch. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Llogg said:

Derka, it's beneath you to compare someone being mean to you on the internet with cops murdering black dudes left and right. I'm not trying to pick a fight her, just be better.

how about you go ahead and "be better" at not sensationalizing shit for no apparent reason. the entire conversation between three different parties was literally nothing but police analogies, but don't let that stop you from singling out my posts as if i just pulled that analogy out of thin air. fuck out of here. "not trying to start shit" my ass. how about you go ahead "be better" at reading, mmkay? fucking joke...

Edited by Goo Punch

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

Jesus Christ, Derka, you make it hard to stick up for you. You will literally not find a single post of my baiting you or piling on over a 10 year period. Take my post at face value and "be better at reading" yourself. Such a beating.

i'm not responsible for your emotions or your ability to follow the thread. just own your own shit, and save your high horse preaching for someone who needs it. and perhaps consider that you may be in the wrong here, and that your condescending, holier than thou attitude towards me actually makes you the tone deaf prick in this thread. 

Edited by Goo Punch

recap of events:

slorch: don't do anything wrong and immamac will leave you alone

vic: you sound like the people who say, "just don't break the law and the cops won't kill you."

derka: slorch you are wrong. even immamac refers to himself as the crooked cop who comes onto your lawn and shoots your dog just because he can.

slorch, to vic: sounds like you should avoid getting cuffed so much

slorch, to derka: right, because you're such a saint

derka: that response is tantamount to saying, "well he had a criminal record so he deserved to be shot by the cops."

Llogg has entered the chat

Llogg: goddammit derka, why are you making these insensitive analogies about police brutality?!?! ugh, you make it so hard for the good, virtuous, righteous people like me to stick up for you! ugh, why do you always do this derka?!?!?!?!

derka:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f297af3896f3763bd451f

Edited by Goo Punch

I didn't bother calling out Vic or Slorch for the police analogy because I don't actually think they are better than that. Your argument is not that the police analogy is fucking demeaning and devalues real tragedy but rather that your feelings are hurt because you're the only person I mentioned. Classic. And done. Welcome back to ignore. JFC.

20 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

recap of events:

slorch: don't do anything wrong and immamac will leave you alone

vic: you sound like the people who say, "just don't break the law and the cops won't kill you."

derka: slorch you are wrong. even immamac refers to himself as the crooked cop who comes onto your lawn and shoots your dog just because he can.

slorch, to vic: sounds like you should avoid getting cuffed so much

slorch, to derka: right, because you're such a saint

derka: that response is tantamount to saying, "well he had a criminal record so he deserved to be shot by the cops."

Llogg has entered the chat

Llogg: goddammit derka, why are you making these insensitive analogies about police brutality?!?! ugh, you make it so hard for the good, virtuous, righteous people like me to stick up for you! ugh, why do you always do this derka?!?!?!?!

derka:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f297af3896f3763bd451f

Uhhhh .......... you ain't the Rock brah....

On 6/27/2020 at 2:13 PM, Llogg said:

I didn't bother calling out Vic or Slorch for the police analogy because I don't actually think they are better than that. Your argument is not that the police analogy is fucking demeaning and devalues real tragedy but rather that your feelings are hurt because you're the only person I mentioned. Classic. And done. Welcome back to ignore. JFC.

It's called an analogy. If you honestly think I am comparing police brutality to message board activity, you are a moron. But it seems you might be too dense to grasp it. But it is absolutely the same general concept of "don't do anything wrong and nothing bad will happen". When in both instances, it has been proven false and ignorant to say. In fact, it is nothing more than a bootlicking mentality. 

• 3 weeks later...