2019 Board Improvement Thread

immamac

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/456661-pasting-as-rich-text-but-making-text-color-default/

Maybe I'll mess with it this weekend but it seems like the only solution fucks everyone over who wants to actually paste in rich text. I'm not willing to do that for the dark mode users as there is already a viable workaround (highlighting text) it sucks but the users of copy/paste far outnumber the dark mode users. I keep an eye on which themes are used in Google analytics. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/456661-pasting-as-rich-text-but-making-text-color-default/

Maybe I'll mess with it this weekend but it seems like the only solution fucks everyone over who wants to actually paste in rich text. I'm not willing to do that for the dark mode users as there is already a viable workaround (highlighting text) it sucks but the users of copy/paste far outnumber the dark mode users. I keep an eye on which themes are used in Google analytics. 

FWIW, I pretty much always choose to paste as plain text and wish it was the default. Could you flip it so there's an option to paste as rich text instead with plain as the default?

Just now, Captainant said:

FWIW, I pretty much always choose to paste as plain text and wish it was the default. Could you flip it so there's an option to paste as rich text instead with plain as the default?

No that's the problem. If you could reverse that option it would be perfect, but you can't. 

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Works fine for me. Maybe your computer caught the aids.

Mine works but I have to hover over a blank spot to bring up all the rep when it used to not be like that. Started doing that immediately after imma added the new rep icons. Will try on another browser to troubleshoot. I use Chrome.

46 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Mine works but I have to hover over a blank spot to bring up all the rep when it used to not be like that. Started doing that immediately after imma added the new rep icons. Will try on another browser to troubleshoot. I use Chrome.

I see the same on chrome on my desktop, and I use the no avatar theme if that makes a difference

Edited by Captainant

are you clearing your cookies/localstorage? that will clear your background image, however when you log in your preferences should be in the cookie that is given after authentication.

Are you logging in and still having to change background?

1 minute ago, immamac said:

are you clearing your cookies/localstorage?

Are you logging in and still having to change background?

Yeah. I'm using Chrome and I've set it to clear cookies when shutting down. I might have to go in an manual add surly to save the cookies.

But yes, when I log in it 'resets' the background to default.

• 4 weeks later...

That's some common ground like a motherfucker.   Fuck that autoplay horseshit.  You gotta go search out where the fuck the noises are coming from.   Should shoot them to Bolivia...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@immamac I use the timeline format and love it. However, there are far too many Cloak Room threads, which I never visit, cluttering it up. My request is an easy way to eliminate those threads in my timeline. I know the work around Is to check every forum except Cloak Room. However, that method makes it difficult to look at a single forum when needed then go back to seeing every thread but those from Cloak Room Thanks for your consideration.