Kingsbury interviewing for NFL Jobs

Hornius Emeritus

16 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Jets and Cardinals fans should be erecting statues of Swan for stopping their incompetent ownership.  What in the fuck would lead them to think Coach bro is ready to lead a locker room of NFL players. 

players just want to win.  kliff also played in the NFL.  he’d be fine from that standpoint.

he couldn’t win at tech because he couldn’t recruit decent players on defense.  he has a better football mind than many current NFL head coaches.  if he hired wade phillips to run his defense and had a good qb he might have great success like that little shit with the rams. 

plus it would be nice of him to fuck over USC. 

• Like 4

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

If NFL execs could guarantee who would be the next guy to succeed as a HC would there be so many job openings? 

Who would be your surefire, cant miss hire?

I'm not an NFL GM, so I haven't assembled a list of potential head coaches. But if I had to pick a guy, I can guarantee he would have coached in the NFL prior to me handing him the keys to my billion dollar toy. 

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

But if I had to pick a guy, I can guarantee he would have coached in the NFL prior to me handing him the keys to my billion dollar toy. 

Yeah, those college coaches don't know shit about winning in the NFL.

jimmy2.jpg?auto=compress&crop=faces&dpr=

46 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Riiight.....

Here's how the conversation would go.

Kliff:  so Tom, I'd like to show you the new formation we're going to be moving to in 2019.  It starts with...

Brady:  Just shut the fuck up right there and don't talk to me.  EVER.  Here, go deflate these balls for me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Lulz. Never knew so many people here were founding members of the Kingsbury load chugging club.

I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest KK is a good head coach. All evidence would point to the contrary. His crowning achievement would be Manziels career at A&M, and you guys wanna give him a shot at the NFL?

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Lulz. Never knew so many people here were founding members of the Kingsbury load chugging club.

I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest KK is a good head coach. All evidence would point to the contrary. His crowning achievement would be Manziels career at A&M, and you guys wanna give him a shot at the NFL?

I am not hiring shit. However, NFL GMs have proven time and time again (Manziel, Tebow, etc, etc) they are throwing shit stained darts at a rotating Fuck board 

23 minutes ago, Blotto said:

his crowing achievement is that he is an excellent qb developer and very, very good designer of offense.  

i don't really think he should be an nfl head coach right now but you guys who think he wouldn't make a difference on the offensive side of the ball in that league are kidding yourselves. 

33 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

his crowing achievement is that he is an excellent qb developer and very, very good designer of offense.  

i don't really think he should be an nfl head coach right now but you guys who think he wouldn't make a difference on the offensive side of the ball in that league are kidding yourselves. 

Since you replied to my post, when did I ever claim KK wouldnt make a difference on the offensive side of the ball(QB coach, offcoordinator, etc...) I have just maintained that hiring KK to be a head coach in the NFL would be a fucking retarded thing to do. 

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

NFL team goals

#1 make money

#2 make money

#3 make money

#4 win games>lose games, but if #1,2,3 fulfilled, ok to lose games

Thus: ok to hire unknown and losers as long as #1,2,3 fulfilled. 

See: Dallas Cowboys under Jerrah.

See: Jeff Fisher

See: Fat Fucking Retard

Game.Set. Match.

1 hour ago, freyguy said:

Riiight.....

Kliff:  so Tom, I'd like to show you the new formation we're going to be moving to in 2019.  It starts with...

Brady:  Just shut the fuck up right there and don't talk to me.  EVER.  Here, go deflate these balls for me.

You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.  Brady and Kingsbury are close friends and know each other very well.  Belichick and the Pats drafted KK in 2003 and he worked with them for over a year before going to the Saints. As he has maintained a relationship through the years, the organization knows him very well and vice versa.

• Like 1

Just now, pigmeat markham said:

You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.  Brady and Kingsbury are close friends and know each other very well.  Belichick and the Pats drafted KK in 2003 and he worked with them for over a year before going to the Saints. As he has maintained a relationship through the years, the organization knows him very well and vice versa.

Wonder how KK and Bret Bielema's relationship is now??  BB is currently a consultant for Belichick

5 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

I don't see how that would change the substance of the conversation.  Brady might be more polite about it but the message would be the same.

6 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

I don't see how that would change the substance of the conversation.  Brady might be more polite about it but the message would be the same.

IMO, the substance of the conversation would be changed substantially.  It would be my suggestion that perhaps you're not aware of the exact nature of the existing professional relationship.  Of course, like any coach and an established NFL veteran star relationship, there wouldn't be a "son, I'm going to teach you how to play QB" approach, but there are elements to the Pat's offense KK could make significant contributions in.

40 minutes ago, El Squared said:

NFL team goals

#1 make money

#2 make money

#3 make money

#4 win games>lose games, but if #1,2,3 fulfilled, ok to lose games

Thus: ok to hire unknown and losers as long as #1,2,3 fulfilled. 

See: Dallas Cowboys under Jerrah.

See: Jeff Fisher

See: Fat Fucking Retard

Game.Set. Match.

Exactly.  Success of Goff, Mahomes, Mayfield etc has upset the NFL status quo.  The tiny collective brain of the mass of NFL fans is now beginning to process: "spread good, air raid good" instead of the previous "gimmick offense" meme.  That's a transition that happened in college 12-15 years ago.

So NFL owners and GMs have to cater to the new conventional wisdom and hopefully get ahead of it.  The objective it not to BE innovative.  It's to be SEEN as innovative.  What easier way to create the illusion of doing something than hiring the highest profile proponent of the air raid available on the market?  Any actual improvement to team performance would be an incidental benefit.  Like the creation of TSA after 9/11 it's more important to look like you're doing something than to actually do anything and for much the same reason. PR and politics.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2019 at 5:22 AM, slorch said:

Aaron Donald is OK...  I mean, it's not like he's a leading defensive MVP candidate or anything.

and your Bears' resurgence occurred all because of the offense right? 

That shitty offense caught up with them.  I maintain offense is going to run this league for a while.  Kliff/Riley and the college guys with killer offensive pedigree will remain damn hot in the NFL...the last time NFL offenses were actually more innovative than college was the Bill Walsh era.  Clowns. 

On 1/6/2019 at 3:07 PM, freyguy said:

Riiight.....

Kliff was on the Patriots roster/practice squad for a year and has known Tom & Belichick for over 15 years.

They wouldn't bring him in unless they both thought that it was a good idea, especially considering they don't have any young QBs in the pipeline.

EDIT: According to Wiki-

"Since Kingsbury became an offensive coordinator in 2011, his offenses have averaged 550 yards and nearly 42 points per game."

Edited by Napoleon

1. Hypocrisy to try to hold BM but expect his own mobility on K’s part.

2. Poor tactical decision to go to USC and sign that contract as well.

3. Probably sound decision from mercenary standpoint to do what was necessary to get free and chase NFL job, but what a clown show if he comes up empty. Not a classy move though.

4. Bad move on USC’s part to try to tie him down. I don’t know whether they released him or he paid his buyout. For our sakes hopefully he had to buy his freedom.

5. His value seems to be as OC, but what do I know about managing NFL personnel?

On 1/6/2019 at 2:59 PM, Doc Reeves said:

I don't. He's the literal definition of a douchbag.

This absolutely fits with everything I've ever heard or known about him.

I heard he once got so drunk at a wedding he was a groomsmen in that he threw up on the bride. Totally drenched her in vomit. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I figured these were for OC interviews. People might actually let this guy run an NFL team?

Jason Garrett and Bill O' Brien made the playoffs.