Kingsbury interviewing for NFL Jobs

Hornius Emeritus

On 1/6/2019 at 9:45 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

That shitty offense caught up with them.  I maintain offense is going to run this league for a while.  Kliff/Riley and the college guys with killer offensive pedigree will remain damn hot in the NFL...the last time NFL offenses were actually more innovative than college was the Bill Walsh era.  Clowns. 

member slash?....yeah i member

I'm not a Kingsbury hater. Thought he did a decent job at Sand Aggy. It's gotta be murder to recruit people to Lubbock. One thing that's undeniable, he has an eye for gifted QBs. I actually think Arizona is a good fit for him as an OC or QB coach. Not sure about HC, but Zona isn't a horrible place for a rookie. He'll have Rosen to mentor and there's a good chance Larry Fitzgerald hangs in for 1 more year. At least he'll have a fighting chance with an organization that knows how to win.

J-E-T-S Jets! would have been a disaster. That place is a trainwreck.

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

The NFL will eat Kliff Kingsbury alive.

Maybe, but Helton is dead man walking and the USC gig would be a year at best unless there was a miracle turnaround.

Plus getting paid a lot to fail is the NFL norm with very little downside career wise.

Edited by El Squared

I'm not a Kingsbury hater. Thought he did a decent job at Sand Aggy. It's gotta be murder to recruit people to Lubbock. One thing that's undeniable, he has an eye for gifted QBs. I actually think Arizona is a good fit for him as an OC or QB coach. Not sure about HC, but Zona isn't a horrible place for a rookie. He'll have Rosen to mentor and there's a good chance Larry Fitzgerald hangs in for 1 more year. At least he'll have a fighting chance with an organization that knows how to win.

J-E-T-S Jets! would have been a disaster. That place is a trainwreck.

The Cardinals know how to win? Since when? Their only success has been when a aging vet stepped in at QB in Warner and Palmer. And that was just a few years out of their existence.

35 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Maybe, but Helton is dead man walking and the USC gig would be a year at best unless there was a miracle turnaround.

And KK didn't know this when he accepted the USC job? 

I'm not faulting KK for acting on the NFL's interest even if I think he's far from ready, but it further shows he acted a bit hasty in taking the USC gig when he could have waited for more secure college gigs or the NFL to start calling him.

I mean this sincerely: would Kliff have this much interest if he wasn't handsome? He's a good offensive mind, but this kind of failing upwards would make Lane Kiffin blush. Everyone wants their Sean McVay to look the part of young, energetic offensive guru.

25 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

I really like Kliff and want him to succeed, but I have agree here.  Dude was not ready at the NCAA level and he is moving up to the NFL?  He will get steamrolled by his own players.

Winning cures everything. 9-7, playoff berth with what he's already got on the roster is VERY attainable. His upside is the Rams this year (also with a young coach). Hire a big-time DC (wade phillips?) and this isn't the craziest thing I"ve ever seen. Better than trying to lure Dungy away from AzSt or giving Hue fucking Jackson another run, for example.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

I mean this sincerely: would Kliff have this much interest if he wasn't handsome? He's a good offensive mind, but this kind of failing upwards would make Lane Kiffin blush. Everyone wants their Sean McVay to look the part of young, energetic offensive guru.

Good point.  I think he lowers the average weight of NFL coaches 20 pounds all by himself.

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

And KK didn't know this when he accepted the USC job? 

I'm not faulting KK for acting on the NFL's interest even if I think he's far from ready, but it further shows he acted a bit hasty in taking the USC gig when he could have waited for more secure college gigs or the NFL to start calling him.

No- I think he just shot his job wad early, not knowing he would be propositioned by bigger purses....happens to the best of us in the heat of the moment

Edited by El Squared

5 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Explain.  I assume this is a pejorative, like we say Cougar High for UH.

Precisely.  The school, located on Figueroa St, is surrounded by trade and technical schools, along with gangs and other unsavory elements.  

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The Cardinals know how to win? Since when? Their only success has been when a aging vet stepped in at QB in Warner and Palmer. And that was just a few years out of their existence.

How can you forget the awesome Jake the Snake days? They even made the playoffs in 1998, upsetting the Cowboys. Boy, if that isn't a winning tradition, I don't know what to tell you.

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Cards won the Superbowl this century and that's a relatively short list. That's what I was referring to. They are willing to spend $$$ to buy a title. That absolutely would not happen at J-E-T-S Jets!

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Cards won the Superbowl this century and that's a relatively short list. That's what I was referring to. They are willing to spend $$$ to buy a title. That absolutely would not happen at J-E-T-S Jets!

They went to one but didn't win it. Steelers came back on them at the end. I am not arguing that the Jets are not a miserable franchise. Outside of those 2 back to back AFC title game appearances with Mark Sanchez, they have been lousy as long as I can remember. But I would not say the Cardinals are any better. And right now both are god awful. 

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Cards won the Superbowl this century and that's a relatively short list. 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Nope

Yeah, I fucked up. Old man memory. They lost in '08, BUT they did make it to the SB.

Still think it's a good spot for KK. There's far worse places to start your NFL HC career like NYJ, Buffalo, Cleveland, Miami or Cinci.

Edited by RPM

Has there been a worse NFL hire on paper? 

And before you mention that mustached putrid fuck Jeff Fisher, at least that slapdick had a Super Bowl appearance and another appearance in the conference championship game.

What the fuck has Kingsbury done?  Not a lick of NFL coaching experience.  A 35-40 overall record at Texas Tech, his only head coaching gig.  One bowl win.  A losing season the past three seasons.  Has the NFL lost its fucking mind?

• Like 3