Low Carbs Meals

Lobwedgephil

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

Going to make a big pot of cabbage chili. 
I Loosely go off the recipe below, change out the beef for ground turkey if you want it super healthy

• 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cups cabbage, chopped
  • 1 (15.5-ounce) can of Red Kidney Beans
  • 8 ounces tomato sauce
  • 14.5 ounces stewed tomatoes
  • 2 Beef flavored bouillon cubes
  • Ground cumin
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Did he just call it chili?

• Hook 'Em 1

I Loosely go off the recipe below, change out the beef for ground turkey if you want it super healthy
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 8 ounces tomato sauce
  • Ground cumin
Sounds good. Check the carb count on the kidney beans, though. Beans and other legumes are relatively high in carbs.

16 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Wife made this Natual Heaven white rice last night. Highly highly recommend. By far the best rice alternative I’ve tried. Haven’t tried any of their other stuff, but if it’s half as good as their white rice, I’m in. Available on Amazon.

https://eatnaturalheaven.com/collections/all?gclid=Cj0KCQiA9OiPBhCOARIsAI0y71DEtz4I0i1SAuvRmP2GFT5rVfAw7jeTl_FZE8mIVbgxrtIqKOu1M_waApV1EALw_wcB

7B6C9320-8D7A-40F5-B296-3491061F28EC.webp 57.93 kB · 1 download

These adds have been blowing up my FB. I want to try them, but no local stores carry it and I wasn't keen on getting it on Amazon. Their food markups are silly. 

16 hours ago, threesheets said:

I made dirty/fried rice with cauliflower last night, but did it Mexican style.  Easily the best thing I've ever made since I got off carbs.  Sauteed diced onions/bell peppers/jalapenos + garlic in oil, added in the cauliflower rice and spices (cumin, garlic salt, cayenne, etc), and leftover taco meat.   Melted some colby jack on half to see if I liked it better that way.  Topped it off with Trader Joes creamy jalapeno sauce.  It was awesome and took all of ten minutes to make.

Sorry for the shitty pic- didn't realize it was in portrait:

keto-dirty-rice.jpg

Do you do anything to get the extra moisture out of the cauliflower rice? I've used a couple recipes and it ends up with a lot of liquid in the pan. Yours look quite crispy. 

16 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

• 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 8 ounces tomato sauce
  • Ground cumin

So you're saying you put beans in your chili, eh?

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Do you do anything to get the extra moisture out of the cauliflower rice? I've used a couple recipes and it ends up with a lot of liquid in the pan. Yours look quite crispy. 

Not really.  Just used my best nonstick pan and left it on the stove on med/high heat until it was how I wanted it. 

Not sure if it makes a difference but I put the cauliflower rice in frozen- I didn't steam it in the bag first. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Cauliflower rice again tonight with the same starters (bell pepper, fresh japs, onion) + garlic and I added a bag of broccoli to stretch it.  I try to eat as many veggies as I can when I'm cutting weight.  Captain Obvious I know, but a lot of people on keto/low carb will just go old school Atkins with fatty shit and not much else. I hate that.  Plus I splurge with oils.

Seasoned with a bunch of Tony's and black pepper.  It was great.  Down 29.2 as of this morning (started 11/15).

messages-0-11.jpg

Edited by threesheets
  • Hook 'Em 1

https://therecipecritic.com/creamy-tuscan-garlic-chicken/

This is great served alone or over zoodles or grilled asparagus and it’s low carb, can be even lower with fewer sun dried tomatoes.

https://myfoodstory.com/creamy-cauliflower-chowder-gluten-free-recipe/

This is also great as a semi thick soup, we leave the carrots out to lower the carbs more (plus wife doesn’t like cooked carrots and they didn’t add much other than color imo). Sometimes I’d go with the oil drizzle and other times I’d go with bacon and cheese instead.

It’s easy to go grilled meat plus roasted veggies for a lot of low carb meals, but sometimes you want something else and both of the above helped with that. Another go to for comfort food was using garlic mashed cauliflower from the frozen section as a substitute for grits and serving sautéed shrimp in butter and garlic over it. It’s not identical but it’s pretty solid substitute for shrimp and grits. 

I also made egg cups for easy breakfast on the go.  Pretty simple premise, just mix up about a dozen eggs with a tiny splash of milk or cream, the you pour it evenly into a muffin pan, then you add things like bacon/sausage and cheddar cheese or feta and basil, or whatever you want in your eggs. Bake for 15-20 minutes until done and then just keep them in the fridge to eat. They taste good cold or warmed up and keep about a week.

I didn’t ever get into the the low carb deserts as I’ve never been a big desert person to begin with, but occasionally I’d get a sweets craving (especially if you’ve cut back on alcohol while doing low carb) and I’ll second the recommendation on the choczero dato chocolate almond bark. I’d break a bar into pieces and eat it with a serving of cocktail peanuts and it always did the trick. Basically low carb goobers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, LW Goatman said:

Pappa murphys and others have been doing this for a long time. Its a ripoff price wise, so you can easily just make at home with some Raos, mozzarella, and whatever toppings you want to use. 

I did this once.

Sauteed some Italian sausage, thick cut pepperoni, onions, peppers, mushroom, garlic, spinach.

Added a can of crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.  

Topped it with mozzarella and put it under the broiler until browned.

It was fucking delicious but not something anyone that cares about health should eat.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2