2019 HS All-Star Games

satyanash

1 minute ago, Slade said:

Should have let Roschon lead that drive instead of handing the ball off. The kid is clutch and he makes plays, he's been like that since the 9th grade. 

I got here here just in time to see those last three runs by the team in white. Given the play calls, I assumed they were ahead, not trying to take the lead. 

xposted from recruiting thread:
Man, Ealy looked electric in the game tonight. Thibodeaux is also fucking badass. I'm going to hate Wease for the next three years.

Washington and Gbenda had pretty great games in limited action. Roschon was hit or miss but was easily the best QB on their squad, hence why he played about 3/4ths of the game. Calzada was horrific! lulz. Liebrock played sparingly and didn't have a target. Was pretty disheartening to see Roschon and Cain being effective in the backfield together. 

Was a pretty fun game to watch. Deion is such a weirdo.

Ealy and Washington were easily most impressive.  It's easy to get lost in the WR hauls we have, but Washington really turned my head tonight.

Gbenda looked good also.  Played sideline to sideline plus a TFL.

Rojo and Daniels(?) were the best QBs.

Liebrock was in the game the entire time, but the running game seemed designed around spread, so he was either stalk-blocking an OLB or kicking the backside end.  No targets.

Watson was somewhere there.  Even was targetted against once on a stop route, but didn't get many good looks his direction.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Ealy and Washington were easily most impressive.  It's easy to get lost in the WR hauls we have, but Washington really turned my head tonight.

Gbenda looked good also.  Played sideline to sideline plus a TFL.

Rojo and Daniels(?) were the best QBs.

Liebrock was in the game the entire time, but the running game seemed designed around spread, so he was either stalk-blocking an OLB or kicking the backside end.  No targets.

Watson was somewhere there.  Even was targetted against once on a stop route, but didn't get many good looks his direction.

Apparently Watson had a hamstring issue, which limited him.

All five commits started I believe, which means they had good weeks of practice, and all five had at least solid showings where they looked like they belonged. You can usually tell pretty quickly when you have guys who don't belong, because they either don't see the field or get picked on. 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

All five commits started I believe, which means they had good weeks of practice, and all five had at least solid showings where they looked like they belonged. You can usually tell pretty quickly when you have guys who don't belong, because they either don't see the field or get picked on. 

This is the third straight year of this same thing happening during these all star games.  I love this staff's evaluation ability.

30 minutes ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

Foster brought the wood in his all star game last year.  Clearly translated to college.  Our hit rate on Angleton kids is pretty damn good.

Indeed it is. Between Foster, Diggs, and Quentin, it's 100% hit rate. That's incredible. We should be hitting that school up more often lol