Malcolm Roach

Rip76

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm falling in love with this team. They're special. They're going from malaise and mismanagement to focused purpose and achievement. Great story. I salute them all and I salute the catalyst, Tom Herman.

Special group.

the great teams have solid line play - which is the key to Bama's perpetual dominance despite having mediocre QBs (sans Tua, maybe Jalen). Once the pipeline of 4-5 star lineman start here, UT is going to be perpetual title contenders with the only real threat of Saban.  I can't see LSU or GA sustaining the lineman recruits that UT can potentially get, aka the level of Mack 2001-2009.  It's not that difficult to foresee Texas in the same level as Bama and Clemson within the next 3-5 years. 

Just now, NowThis said:

the great teams have solid line play - which is the key to Bama's perpetual dominance despite having mediocre QBs (sans Tua, maybe Jalen). Once the pipeline of 4-5 star lineman start here, UT is going to be perpetual title contenders with the only real threat of Saban.  I can't see LSU or GA sustaining the lineman recruits that UT can potentially get, aka the level of Mack 2001-2009.  It's not that difficult to foresee Texas in the same level as Bama and Clemson within the next 3-5 years. 

you’re pretty good, I’ll give you that. 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

..... but where the fuck was he gonna go?  

home depot has been recruiting him for a management training position.  lowe’s is offering better benefits. 

personally I don’t blame him, I’d rather stay in school. 

Edited by futureman

8 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Awesome..... but where the fuck was he gonna go?  He's been hurt a ton and he's looking more like a 4-3 DT.  Great that he's back because we need him to kill it next year and get some pass rush.

good run contain DE, not that great on the pass rush. 

36 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Every team that Texas has played with reputedly all-world skill players, you really should look at the OL first.  Pete Carroll's Trojans were a factory for linemen.  Saban you've mentioned.  OU puts big uglies in the NFL quite regularly.  Georgia's backs looked great because of the OL play.  When Texas went with a heavy 4-2 front and matched their physicality, the running game virtually disappeared.  Only LSU even came close to doing that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...