recap of TJ Lavin going on the Challenge Mania podcast- news about S34

Goo Punch

I saw that Gus from Floribam Shore was coming in before(still not sure he's the best one out of that house to come...Jeremiah is bigger and his social skills would have had him in deep water from the start), but I had NO idea they were bringing in an old Party Down South girl.  Mattie(AKA Hurricane Martha) should be an absolute trip on this show.

I love Paulie. He's my new favorite. His Little Man Sundrome knows absolutely no bounds, and the way he comports himself (like he's a movie character in his own head or something- a real Billy Badass) is too funny. And unlike Camila, or Amanda, or even young CT, Paulie's character flaws are harmless and even endearing. I hope he makes it to the final. 

Good first episode. God, Chase is a punk.

Here's my power rankings for the teams:
1. Bananas and Morgan - perfect pair. I think this is the season Bananas breaks his curse. She's going to be a great political player.
2. Pauly and Ninja Warrior - they are both really good all-around athletes. If Pauly can keep his head on straight and focus on the game, they should make it to the end.
3. CT and Julia - she won't be saddled by the twin story all season and looks like a competitor. CT is CT and always performs when he has a good partner, dad-bod be damned.
4. Kam and Ash - should be a really strong competitive team, but still don't think she has enough alliances to last.
5. Nany and Turbo - another team who should do well in challenges, but she'll make too many enemies and no one will befriend a guy who doesn't talk.
6. Jenna and Gus - he's gonna surprise some people, and she's one of the best girls here.
7. Cara and Theo - she's got dick on the brain which will not work in her favor, and Theo isn't making any friends.
8. Amanda and Josh - they are kind of a strong team, as long as they can get along.
9. Hunter and Georgia - Hunter will try to fuck too early, and it will end badly.
10. Wes and Dee - they could be a good pair, but Wes will try to take control too early. Like always.
11. Bear and DaVonne - I dunno. Too loudmouths who I would love to see go early, but they'll stick around and annoy me for a few weeks.
12. Zach and Zahida - poor Zach. Last chosen, wtf? She sucks, and she's his extension, so...
13. Ashley and Chase - she will not repeat with that pussy as her partner.
14. Kyle and Maddie - they are gonna drink too much and hook up with each other, and Kyle is my pick to  get sent home for fighting this year.
15. Leroy and Shaleen - he's stuck with another bad partner. Poor dude.
16 JP and Natalie - She's good, but he got zero camera time so they will be the first team gone.

4 hours ago, spystud13 said:

So is Da’Vonne our new Aneesa? I think she is. 

I don't know.  She did actually just finish first in something.  I can;t remember Aneesa ever winning anything.  I did not like her on BB, but I'm trying to like her more on the Challenge for some reason.    

7 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Good first episode. God, Chase is a punk.

Here's my power rankings for the teams:
1. Bananas and Morgan - perfect pair. I think this is the season Bananas breaks his curse. She's going to be a great political player.
2. Pauly and Ninja Warrior - they are both really good all-around athletes. If Pauly can keep his head on straight and focus on the game, they should make it to the end.
3. CT and Julia - she won't be saddled by the twin story all season and looks like a competitor. CT is CT and always performs when he has a good partner, dad-bod be damned.
4. Kam and Ash - should be a really strong competitive team, but still don't think she has enough alliances to last.
5. Nany and Turbo - another team who should do well in challenges, but she'll make too many enemies and no one will befriend a guy who doesn't talk.
6. Jenna and Gus - he's gonna surprise some people, and she's one of the best girls here.
7. Cara and Theo - she's got dick on the brain which will not work in her favor, and Theo isn't making any friends.
8. Amanda and Josh - they are kind of a strong team, as long as they can get along.
9. Hunter and Georgia - Hunter will try to fuck too early, and it will end badly.
10. Wes and Dee - they could be a good pair, but Wes will try to take control too early. Like always.
11. Bear and DaVonne - I dunno. Too loudmouths who I would love to see go early, but they'll stick around and annoy me for a few weeks.
12. Zach and Zahida - poor Zach. Last chosen, wtf? She sucks, and she's his extension, so...
13. Ashley and Chase - she will not repeat with that pussy as her partner.
14. Kyle and Maddie - they are gonna drink too much and hook up with each other, and Kyle is my pick to  get sent home for fighting this year.
15. Leroy and Shaleen - he's stuck with another bad partner. Poor dude.
16 JP and Natalie - She's good, but he got zero camera time so they will be the first team gone.

I'd flip 1 and 2, but I'm using athleticism as the tie breaker and you're probably using political ability.   You will probably be proven correct.  

I feel like you have CT/Julia too high.  I'm not sure Julia is that good a competitor.  I'm interested in seeing her w/o her clone glued to her for the first time though, so I see where you're coming from.  It will depend on what the comps are for CT.  He is getting more dad-bod every season.  And somehow he manages to get more lovable each season.  That room selection scene for fucking gold.  

4-7 in some order seem pretty solid, but I'd probably throw Ahsley/Chase in with that group.  I think he's a pretty good athlete and Ashley is what she is.  Is she good at puzzles?  She better be.  

I'd have Amanda and Josh in the bottom 3.  Probably flipped with Kyle/Maddie.  Amanda sucks at everything and relies on her partner/alliance to drag her along and Josh is just a big soft child with serious emotional issues.  I hope those two flame out early.  Maddie looks like a beast, but you're right.  Those two will probably party/screw their way out of it by the halfway point. 

I have no idea what will happen with your 9-12.  I don't know much about the prospects athletic or alliance building abilities.  I feel like Bear/Davonne could surprise us.  

6 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

He won what is regarded as the worst season in BB history.  

With a jury full of a bunch of crybabies who got their little feelings hurt and would have voted for anyone over the person who should have one.  Of course, that guy was insufferable too, so fuck him.  

2 hours ago, spystud13 said:

I don’t watch BB, but that fucking oaf winning one tells me quite a bit. 

god, that was the worst season. the players were lame as fuck, and basically didn't even compete. it's was a disgrace to BB. This one guy, Paul, was clearly the one dominant player from day one, while Josh was super immature, always causing drama, always acting like a child, and making enemies left and right.

But, at the very end of the game, when it came down to the jury voting on Paul vs Josh, the jury all finally realized that Paul had been running the game, so they all got super bitter and voted for a guy they'd warred with all summer (Josh) just so that Paul wouldn't win. the lamest season and lamest winner i can remember. josh will show himself to be one of the most dramatic people in the house by episode three. can't stand him. 

Edited by Goo Punch

for example there was a super sensitive, formerly fat guy named Mark who at one point lost his shit on josh and poured his drink all in josh's face and then ran off huffing and puffing. that guy mark hooked up with a cow named elaina, and josh followed her around the house banging a bunch of pots and pans together like an asshole child, singing circus music while doing it. both of them voted for josh in the end.

there was another usuales couple, matt and raven, aka "Maven". Matt wore a UT shirt every single day (ugh), and was a completely "nothing" houseguest. he did nothing the entire summer but hang out with raven, a complete psycho and one of the most extravagant compulsive liars you've ever seen. she claims to be a member of mensa with her studies focused in "dance" (???) and she claims to have "exploding knee cap syndrome" (or something equally stupid and made up). neither of them was worth anything, and both were aligned with/carried by Paul to the very end. Both of them voted for Josh.

lamest season ever.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

would still make Nany do the dolphin with extreme excitement, shes still got a fucking ass.

Its pretty obvious MTV wants the Brits to take over the future of the shows, they brought in a shitload of them. 

Wes reminded me of what a complete fucking idiot he is again. talking about hes so fucking smart. His first win was his 2nd season and then he could do shit until he and CT were forced to be partners in a season that all the other partners were so bad that those 2 basically walked away with the victory

although hes managed to get 3rd place 3 times, 2nd once and win 2.  so I guess hes got the chops to be there. but strategy is not his strong suit

17 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

not really. i watched about half of it and got disinterested.

so i watched part of this idiocy, and I turned it off probably a few mins after you turned it off, because I dont think you would have skipped talking about Wes being a cocky moron

Wes, being the moron he is, steps up and says something to the effect of

"not sure why the hell everyone keeps talking about Johnny being the OG, Ive been here longer, and it took him 7 years to match what i had done in 3 years and then took 5 years off to have a job"  and of course everyone clapped.

I of course went "wtf" in my head,  nevermind that Johnny has appeared in exactly 100 more episodes than Wes (208 vs 108), and has the lead on episodes by 30 of the closest other player (CT)

So I had to llok up the idiocy of Wes' claim.

So yes, Wes did start the challenge before Johnny- the season Immediately preceding Johnny, and yes he won what was Johnny's first season. 

But johnny took home 3rd place money his 2nd season and won his 4th season ... and his 5th... 7th...8th... and so on

meanwhile Wes in his first 4 seasons got 2nd once, 3rd once, 1st once.  then he took what looks like a 3 year break. followed by another 2 year break.

and Wes is still working on winning his 3rd season, while Johnny is working on his 7th.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:47 PM, spystud13 said:

“And I will go home because, bitch, I’m rich.” 

That was awesome. 

I hate Ashley with a passion, but I gotta admit, that was a hilarious, and awesome line too.  And I almost think she's crazy enough to do it.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:46 AM, spystud13 said:

So is Da’Vonne our new Aneesa? I think she is. 

I don't know why, but I liked her last year, and so far this episode too...she was smart to immediately pick up on the Brit Alliances already forming and knowing she needed to get in on that. On top of her BB alliances, she's in good shape.

4 hours ago, spystud13 said:

It’s only been one episode, but the no Shane/Devin dynamic is already awesome. 

Agreed.