recap of TJ Lavin going on the Challenge Mania podcast- news about S34

Goo Punch

i've alaways likes Da'Vonne ever since BB even when most here hated her. She reminds me of several people who I know, so maybe that's it, but I also like that she calls people on their shit; same reason i like Jemmye- these shoes need someone who calls it like it is every now and then. 

Zach might just possibly be a roided up idiot.  How the fuck are you dumb enough to download tinder with your girlfriend right there?

absolutely stunned hunter didnt go after Leroy.  he's johnny's only 100% ally, and votes with Johnny everytime.  Plus he's kinda considered a layup. 

Beating Leroy massively hurts Johnny- taking out ashley is understandable- the producers and ashley fucked him hard last year..  But dude shes fucking awesome. 

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Not great challenges and eliminations so far this season.

I agree,  more than a small percentage of that elimination was based on luck as to which way the ball bounced.  Hunter overcame the favorable bounce, and Ashley got lucky with one, and unlucky with the other. 

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Zach might just possibly be a roided up idiot.  How the fuck are you dumb enough to download tinder with your girlfriend right there?

He was on it when Jenna was on another continent. 

Wiki tells me this season is in Namibia, why hasn’t that been mentioned? Normally TJ mentions their location every single time he speaks, but hasn’t yet. Weird. 

Hunter attacking the metal railing was the highlight, that couldn’t have felt good on the ol’ ribs. 

I really did not expect Hunter to call out Ashley so that was definitely an exciting "OH SHIT" moment for me, but as you guys have said, that was definitely a dud of a game. The tug of war game had some promise but we couldn't even see how they did head to head. I definitely think Josh and Amanda could be a power team if they can just keep their mouth shut for a little while. Wes picked a decent crop of youngsters to align with (Hunter, Turbo, Josh) and I'm interested to see how Nany deals with Turbo getting tight with him.

So much time spent on Amanda versus Johnny and Zach and Jenna's (non)breakup (neither of which were particular interesting or funny) that they could have edited into a later, or even multiple episodes. Production just spends so much time on slow-motion walk ups and music montages and it disrupts the pacing of the show. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Yeah, when TJ said 3 rounds, I assumed he meant one male & one female contest was one round. So basically you could have a team up 3-1 after 2 rounds, but it wouldn’t technically be over yet. Pretty fucking weak the way it played out. 

yep, i was actually caught off guard when it was suddenly over. 

also, did i miss something, or did Zach start perusing a dating app while he was still together with Jenna, only to have Jenna end up tearfully apologizing to *him* half an hour after this was revealed? Man he has her wrapped around his finger. What I wouldn't give to have a girl like Jenna be that wrapped up in me- in all senses of the word.

Edited by Goo Punch

What I found funny, and so predictable, is the rookie members of the Tribunal totally just following what their Vets said when the picked the 3 teams. Not one of them said anything.  Luckily Josh actually voted differently so it helped...can't wait to find out what happens when there's a Tie.  Probably the same shit as last year.

On 2/14/2019 at 3:37 PM, Goo Punch said:

also, did i miss something, or did Zach start perusing a dating app while he was still together with Jenna, only to have Jenna end up tearfully apologizing to *him* half an hour after this was revealed? Man he has her wrapped around his finger. What I wouldn't give to have a girl like Jenna be that wrapped up in me- in all senses of the word.

Zach is a moron but Jenna is an all time rental. She seems to have the personality of a wet noodle, isn't that smart and basically has no job.

I felt bad for Hunter after Amanda took the money last season but he is indeed an idiot. 

Edited by JimmyHoffa

17 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Almost everything he has done up to this point.

17 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol seriously. That goes for any season he’s ever been on 

I didn't know we were throwing all the seasons he's been on in there...I was just thinking this season in particular.

7 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Zach is a moron but Jenna is an all time rental. She seems to have the personality of a wet noodle, isn't that smart and basically has no job.

I felt bad for Hunter after Amanda took the money last season but he is indeed an idiot. 

eh. she's a sweet girl, which is right up alley, and she's super loyal and very hot (although she seems to have lost some weight this year- stresses of dating Zach i'm sure). Trust me, I could do worse. 

Wasn’t even that good of an episode. 

The latest episode of MTV’s “The Challenge: War of the Worlds” has earned the franchise its highest-rated episode since 2013.

The episode pulled a 1.55 rating among adults under 50 with three days of delayed viewing factored in, according to Nielsen, making it the highest-rated installment in the “Challenge” franchise since 2013’s “Rivals II” nearly 10 seasons ago.

Aired on Wednesday, Feb. 13, the second episode of the season saw a key player, last season’s champ Ashley Mitchell, as well as her teammate, former “Bachelorette” suitor Chase McNary, eliminated from the competition.

It also marked a five percent increase in the demo over the Feb. 6 season premiere.

The 33rd season of the long-running competition series has seen longtime veterans team up with rookie prospects from franchises including “The Bachelor,” “Big Brother,” “Love Island,” “Survivor” “American Ninja Warrior” as well as other MTV stars from “Geordie Shore,” “Ex on the Beach” and “Floribama Shore.”

I think the Bananas era is over. 5 challenges in a row without making a final. His circle of influence in the game is steadily shrinking. He’s getting older and less physically dominant. I think he’s transitioning to hosting. He’s already got some show that comes on after after SNL.

Unfortunately I knew the results thanks to some dumbshits on Twitter. 

Would like to hear the tiebreaker though. 

I never hated Amanda as much as most of you, but her rant on the oaf was damn near unwatchable. I’m on y’all’s side now, hopefully Kam murders her. 

Also think Johnny will come back for one more “retirement” season, that’s too easy for MTV to miss. 

not much you can do when the entire house got together and actually put together a straight-up coup.

first time I think I have ever seen that happen where basically the entire fucking house except Leroy and CaraMarie went after Johnny.

although this was the one competition where they could do that.  it was an open pit where the only rules were- smear the queer.

kinda surprised that MTV didnt show a shitload more of the house scheming against Johnny to then show the elimination first thing next episode, which would have kept him on for another episode before showing his elimination

and Johnny deserved to get wacked when he picked Zach to be his opponent.   I get it, Wes was gift wrapped a fucking spot in the troika, but dude, the point is to stay alive and try to retaliate next time.

fucking go after one of the newbies like you always do this early in the show.

You always see his true colors when he gets voted in. He had a chance to create some new allies this season but instead he whacks one of his few remaining friends. And might have ended his friendship. He’s such a fucking entitled baby.

Nice to see Wes do what Devin and TYB couldn’t seem to ever do.

Considering most of the countries on that list were European, there's no way in hell I would have chosen one of the Brits to compete against. Johnny should have chosen Amanda and Josh or, if he REALLY wanted to piss off Zach, Jenna and Gus. He's usually really smart about going against the weak teams (or having his allies against the weak teams) so the fact that he chose Zach on a purely personal level just makes no sense to me. I hope Sarah is laughing her ass off since Johnny hasn't won shit since he took her money.