recap of TJ Lavin going on the Challenge Mania podcast- news about S34

Goo Punch

Conspiracy theory. Bananas didn’t want to do this season due to responsibilities of his new travel show, 1st Look. MTV begs and/or money whips him to make a short appearance. Bananas throws the elimination. He creates a fake beef with Zach so he can call him in but, in reality, is helping him get the relic and immunity for next week.

2 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Considering most of the countries on that list were European, there's no way in hell I would have chosen one of the Brits to compete against.

They don’t know the challenge until after the pick, correct? They probably have some idea by the layout, but I would assume the maps were covered. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Conspiracy theory. Bananas didn’t want to do this season due to responsibilities of his new travel show, 1st Look. MTV begs and/or money whips him to make a short appearance. Bananas throws the elimination. He creates a fake beef with Zach so he can call him in but, in reality, is helping him get the relic and immunity for next week.

Crossed my mind as well. When he picked Zack I figured one of them really wanted to leave. 

On 2/21/2019 at 2:13 PM, spystud13 said:

The fact that TJ has still yet to mention Namibia is fucking weird as shit too. 

and, imo, it was clear that they even edited out of one of the DR sessions (maybe Julia?). You could tell that she was saying, "being here in Namibia..." or something similar, but that they edited it to cut off before she named the location. Very strange. Something must have gone down to prompt MTV to leave the country out of it. 

On 2/21/2019 at 2:42 PM, spystud13 said:

And why not have Morgan climb the wall? This wasn’t a race to the top, you basically just needed someone who could get up & down the most. She’s a former cheerleader still in fantastic shape, pretty sure she could have handled it. 

be wise the guy automatically has to do the physical aspect, even if it doesn't make sense to do it that way. 

Lol watching Zack cry or throw a 16 year old temper tantrum is always one of the more uncomfortable, ridiculous things about this show. 

And depending on how well he can swim (no racist), Theo is a dark horse in this competition. Clearly he’s pretty strong if he’s beating Hunter in a tug of war, and he seems like he has some fast twitch in him. 

Also I find myself rooting for Kam more and more for some reason. Halfway entertaining, and I would think every girl on the show is afraid of her in any type of real physical one on one elimination.

On 2/21/2019 at 11:07 AM, joeycovers said:

I felt it was very lame that they were able to ask the other players sitting out exactly where the countries were. 

I really wish they would go back to Guys and Girls eliminations. Enough of the team stuff. It waters down the eliminations. 

Agreed, they need to remove the social component from comps. The game is social/political enough as is.

Also, going back to that brief "who's done less with more?" question we had prior to the season:

Zach is definitely on the shortlist. In eight seasons, he's made three finals: one, he punked out with cramps, he lost to Cara Maria in Vendettas, and he has one winning season in Battle of the Seasons 2, in which the competition was horrid and Frank was arguably a better all-around competitor. He also seems like he's lost a lot of weight and I was surprised to realize he's already 31.

I like where your head is at, but I’m not giving Wes that much credit on politics alone. I know he has a strong female partner, but unless he’s on steroids, there are quite a few dudes I’d pick over Wes

I don’t think you’re giving enough credit to the political side. With Bananas gone and CT playing the way he does, the chances of him going to the killing floor are pretty slim if he can pull together a big enough alliance.

Until they turn on him.

15 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

I don’t think you’re giving enough credit to the political side. With Bananas gone and CT playing the way he does, the chances of him going to the killing floor are pretty slim if he can pull together a big enough alliance.

Until they turn on him.

This. Wes and Bananas are one in the same when it comes to politics in the game. Wes just does it differently and with the amount of new people on the show he should have a good shot to stick around for a long time. 

yep, i'm totally convinced now- the presences of people like Camila and Shane have helped masked how fucking awful Cara Maria is. I can't believe I used to root for her. She's crazier than Abram, but not in an entertaining way, at all. She is awful. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

oh, and if we're going to have drama i'd rather watch paulie and kyle have an insecure-off than watch the typical shane/ashley/amanda drama we've been subjected to in recent years. also, i was worried that CT might be done after this season, so if this type of exit is what's required to have a fire lit under his ass then so be it. crazy season so far. all the new blood has changed the typical, predictable dynamics of the show. 

Edited by Goo Punch

7 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

yep, i'm totally convinced now- the presences of people like Camila and Shane have helped masked how fucking awful Cara Maria is. I can't believe I used to root for her. She's crazier than Abram, but not in an entertaining way, at all. She is awful. 

Hands down and she has some massive self esteem issues. I feel bad for her but she is the type of person that attracts crazy. 

11 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Nothing makes me laugh more than hearing Cara profess her undying love to Paulie knowing damn well her episode of the 7-on-1 dating show is coming real soon. 

Yeah, the behind the scenes stuff with Paulie and his cheating on her is next level comical. 

Man, I'm sad CT lost and he's definitely not as good as he once was, but how great was it to get a "I'll fucking kill you!" for old time's sake??

I think CT screwed that challenge up. Once Kyle got a ring from JP , it was 2 on 1. He could have let go of JP’s ring and put his effort on Kyle. Get that one and everyone would have 1 ring and there would be a restart.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:00 PM, spystud13 said:

Damn, the OG dudes are officially extinct. 

Didn’t realize just how huge Mattie is. 

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, mb111 said:

Yes.  A potential superteam.

Also, last night we saw the first symptom of Leroy's STD - feelings.

I was surprised to see a Party Down South Alum on the show, and I knew Mattie would be a beast.  Just waiting for the inevitable Hurricane Martha breakdown that'll destroy the house.  She has an EPIC wasted persona.

Oh hell yes.  No way anyone coasts into the top three on this one.  So who are the favorites in this challenge.  I'm thinking a strong female will come in handy on this one, so maybe Kyle/Mattie and Kam/Ashley might be good bets.  Paulie/Ninja would be my third choice since I'm not convinced there isn't any challenge those two can't handle.  My prediction:

1.  Kam/Ashley

2. Turbo/Nany (Turbo will beast it mostly by himself and Kyle will let Mattie down)

3.  Paulie/Ninja

I think people are sleeping on Theo and Cara Maria. We know Cara is a beast and Theo has performed well so far. They will be contenders in this challenge.

As far as trivia, some favorites.

TJ: What language do the speak in Australia?
Bananas: Dutch

TJ: What country is known as the Land of the Rising Sun?
Leroy: Africa?

TJ: What was Muhammad Ali’s given name?
Cara: Mahatma Gandhi?

• Like 1