recap of TJ Lavin going on the Challenge Mania podcast- news about S34

Goo Punch

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

No respect for Hunter, eh? He’s kind of my dark horse. He won the last challenge he was on, and performed well in the final. He just didn’t win the money lol. He’s had a weird season, but now that he’s in the final and actually has experience in finals, I feel like he’s gonna put it together and have a good final. 

I think it’s the 51 miles aspect of it that has us doubting Hunter. 

1 hour ago, UTPhil2006 said:

I think it’s the 51 miles aspect of it that has us doubting Hunter. 

I didn’t hear the 51 mile part. I assumed endurance was a big part of it like always. Was he not in shape during the last challenge he was in, or is he just in that bad of shape this season? Maybe I haven’t been paying close enough attention. 

9 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I didn’t hear the 51 mile part. I assumed endurance was a big part of it like always. Was he not in shape during the last challenge he was in, or is he just in that bad of shape this season? Maybe I haven’t been paying close enough attention. 

I think compared to people like Ninja, Cara, Wes, Theo, and Georgia who are a lot more in shape/distance prepared than Mattie and Hunter.  Turbo kind of fits in in the middle.

1 hour ago, UTPhil2006 said:

I think compared to people like Ninja, Cara, Wes, Theo, and Georgia who are a lot more in shape/distance prepared than Mattie and Hunter.  Turbo kind of fits in in the middle.

Fair enough. He should be fine in any strength or eating challenge, but we shall see. Most of these people have never done a final, so we’ll see how it plays out.

So did Paulie go *that* much faster than the girls who whiffed (Mattie, Da'Vonne)? Or did they realize in moment they needed to drastically shorten time to DQ for competitors who weren't going to finish?

Cuz if I remember correctly he missed swing, climbed cargo net, missed swing, climbed cargo net, made swing, collected ring, climbed to very top, tumbled, climbed to very top, tumbled, maybe climbed to top again and tumbled (i forget) and then finally got whistled and left the competition in a near-Popsicle state. And the girls missed on swing one time and swam to bottom of cargo net and got whistled.

So did Paulie go *that* much faster than the girls who whiffed (Mattie, Da'Vonne)? Or did they realize in moment they needed to drastically shorten time to DQ for competitors who weren't going to finish?

Cuz if I remember correctly he : missed swing, climbed cargo net, missed swing, climbed cargo net, made swing, collected ring, climbed to very top, tumbled, climbed to very top, tumbled, maybe climbed to top again and tumbled (i forget) and then finally got whistled and left the competition in a near-Popsicle state. And the girls missed on swing one time and swam to bottom of cargo net and got whistled.

Nm. I see what you’re saying. I don’t think they changed it. They were just more careful.

Wes seems to know he's playing a role and is having fun with it but i really think Bananas believes his own bullshit. I would be surprised if Johnny even make a final moving forward much less win one. His game play is exposed and most of his allies have moved on. Wes, on the other hand, does well playing the mentor which is his job in real life so he will always have someone to play with.  

As for the final, it looks to be extremely physical requiring a lot of endurance. I don't give the women much of a chance. I see Turbo, Theo and Wes fighting it out with Turbo as the winner. I think Ninja will be the highest finisher among the women but out of the money.

I’ll blame it on exhaustion and delirium, and while I’m still rooting for her to kick ass in part two, wtf with the crying, Cara? Jfc you’ve got like 10 tattoos!

Pretty awesome episode. Theo was crazy impressive. Sorry to see Georgia flame out; happy to see Hunter being the only one who had to wait for a checkpoint.

• Like 1

that was a no bullshit start to the final. 

Cara is a fucking fitness trainer, how the fuck was she basically last?

and what the fuck girl, you need the fucking fluids, bad, why refuse them?

I realize these guys are delirious with pain, but if the tribunal doesnt pick ninja - they are nuts. Shes the most dangerous of the 3 left.  cara without fluids is long term done. And Hunter is really weak 

pick ninja, let her pick cara, and hope its a challenge that involves a height advantage and Cara wins

On 5/9/2019 at 10:26 AM, UTPhil2006 said:

All of these could be completely flipped all around.  Finals should be legit.  I think it's just one person wins it all regardless of sex so my predicted order of finish based on the limited amount of preview we got to see would be..

1. Cara
  2. Wes
  3. Theo
  4. Ninja
  5. Turbo
  6. Georgia
  7. Mattie
  8. Hunter

Updating this to:

1. Wes
  2. Theo
  3. Ninja
  4. Turbo
  5. Cara
  6. Hunter

Cara is an idiot for refusing fluids.  That signed her death certificate.

If the troika (cant think of the term they use) wants an easy out they can all pick her and say it's because you're done since you didnt take fluids - no blood on their hands, although I don't see why it would matter at this stage of the game.  

Regardless if they pick Cara or Ninja, the one who is picked is going to pick the other-- unless it is a puzzle to even things up in which Hunter is screwed

Only way Hunter makes up any ground is if there is an eating competition.  Turbo will probably excel at that too.  All a mindset.

Wes and Theo are gonna battle it to the end.  Could very easily see Theo winning.

We knew Mattie was gonna suck, but what the hell was that Georgia?

The upcoming elimination has to be a puzzle - no way can they be expected to do a physical challenge after a brutal day 1.

The Tribunal should pick Hunter, since he appears to suck at puzzles, or Ninja since she is a threat to break into the top 3.  Cara is not a threat since she stupidly passed on fluids.

On 5/9/2019 at 6:27 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

I think its 750 for 1st and 250 for 2nd  but I could be wrong.

My predicted order of finish

turbo

ninja

cara

wes

theo

Georgia

Mattie

Hunter

and Im guessing Hunter quits at some point

well I got the bottom 3 correct, but after that, Im way off.   really impressed with Theo so far.

and I have to begrudgingly give Wes a lot of credit, I didnt think he was in that good of shape.  other than Theo, he was passing everyone consistently.

There will have to be a lot of puzzles coming up, they have to give these guys a chance to physically recover a bit, and maybe thats how Ninja (assuming she survives the tribunal) and Turbo will be able to catch up.

if not, unless Theo's or Wes's body just fails, those 2 look like the best option to finish 1-2

1 hour ago, mb111 said:

The upcoming elimination has to be a puzzle - no way can they be expected to do a physical challenge after a brutal day 1.

The Tribunal should pick Hunter, since he appears to suck at puzzles, or Ninja since she is a threat to break into the top 3.  Cara is not a threat since she stupidly passed on fluids.

I think TJ said 51 miles. They went 26 in the first day so they are looking at another long day. And based on the previews it looks like it finishes on a sand dune. 

Hands down the best 1st part of a final challenge ever. My only minor gripe is they should have made the time out for not competing the challenges longer than 20 minutes. Wes didn't complete 3 or 4 of them and was still in second place. 

Cara refusing an IV as a grown ass woman might be one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen on this challenge. And not just the refusal. The bitch-fit like she’s 10 years old when everyone else was getting theirs. I know this is regency bias, but this season, she might be the single most annoying person this show has ever had. Some have been annoying but they got kicked off early. The fact that we’ve had to ride this out with her is just unreal. Could you imagine how nauseating it would’ve been if Paulie was there too?

Edited by youdunnf'dup

3 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

As silly as it looked, phobias are real, yo. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxga00fHGEJ/?igshid=1bbxidqm1txe8

as someone else already pointed on this very thread, that wasnt a phobia, that was her being a fucking drama queen, shes got a fuckton of ink all over her body.....

how the fuck did she get inked without the use of needles? 

yeah, she didnt, she was being a drama queen for no fucking reason

18 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

as i've said all season, she and paulie act and behave like children, which is why they are perfect for each other. there's nothing less attractive than a grown woman who behaves like a child, and that's all Cara does 24/7. She sucks. 

Yep. 

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

as i've said all season, she and paulie act and behave like children, which is why they are perfect for each other. there's nothing less attractive than a grown woman who behaves like a child, and that's all Cara does 24/7. She sucks. 

The thing is, I feel like if we could’ve gotten to know Paulie without Cara (which led to the Kyle BS obviously), he would be a lot more likable. If I remember correctly, when he was fighting to come back in the redemption house last season, he seemed like a reasonable guy. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

18 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

The thing is, I feel like if we could’ve gotten to know Paulie without Cara (which led to the Kyle BS obviously), he would be a lot more likable. If I remember correctly, when he was fighting to come back in the redemption house last season, he seemed like a reasonable guy. 

that was the most i've ever liked him. but my first introduction to paulie was on BB18 or whichever one was his first season, and i wasn't exactly a fan then. what's funny is that paulie has grown on me a ton since his time on the challenge, because for as immature as he is, and how severely he suffers from Little Man Syndrome, and as much as he acts like his life his an action movie and he's the lead role (more immaturity), Paulie is authentic and he has heart. He's also mostly harmless and normal when there isn't anyone provoking him. He just goes full-on LMS so often that it's funny, but at this point it's endearing to me.

cara in the other hand has none of those endearing qualities. she's immature, she's dramatic, she loves drama just as much as the lavender ladies, and despite being one of the best female competitors in the history of the show she still lives with a victim complex that she's deathly afraid to let go of. so annoying. and she buys into all of her own drama so much as well, saying things like, "babe people here are just threatened by our relationship and how secure we are." bitch, literally nobody is thinking about either of you or your relationship- ever. get over yourself and your drama. 

• Like 1

As someone who has known Paulie since Cody was on BB16, he's completely changed. He's still my boy at the end of the day, but he's obsessed with the challenge/TV.  He's polar opposite of Cody.  He is constantly thinking of how he can "game the system' yet doesn't do any of the social events.  He's a good guy, but an odd duck.