recap of TJ Lavin going on the Challenge Mania podcast- news about S34

Goo Punch

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

Oh hell yes.  No way anyone coasts into the top three on this one.  So who are the favorites in this challenge.  I'm thinking a strong female will come in handy on this one, so maybe Kyle/Mattie and Kam/Ashley might be good bets.  Paulie/Ninja would be my third choice since I'm not convinced there isn't any challenge those two can't handle.  My prediction:

1.  Kam/Ashley

2. Turbo/Nany (Turbo will beast it mostly by himself and Kyle will let Mattie down)

3.  Paulie/Ninja

Good list. Not sure I'd disagree...maybe move Turbo/Nany to the top.

BTW, I hope they don't start bringing a bunch of Ninja's on this show.  The girl they have now with Paulie is good, but she's barely a top 5 female Ninja Warrior and is already looking like one of the best competitors despite being small.  What will they do if they bring Meghan Martin or Jessie Graff or "Flex" Labreck on this show?  My only real question would be how they'd fit in the house...we've never really seen Ninjas in a format like this with all the drama and such. But as Competitors they'd probably blow away most of these Challenge folks.

8 minutes ago, Drew said:

Good list. Not sure I'd disagree...maybe move Turbo/Nany to the top.

BTW, I hope they don't start bringing a bunch of Ninja's on this show.  The girl they have now with Paulie is good, but she's barely a top 5 female Ninja Warrior and is already looking like one of the best competitors despite being small.  What will they do if they bring Meghan Martin or Jessie Graff or "Flex" Labreck on this show?  My only real question would be how they'd fit in the house...we've never really seen Ninjas in a format like this with all the drama and such. But as Competitors they'd probably blow away most of these Challenge folks.

Yeah we don't need anymore Ninja Warriors.  They are too perfectly suited to a lot of these challenges.  Though some of these guys they are bringing in are pretty damn formidable so there's probably room for one male Ninja if he can handle the politics of the house.  Ninja Nat has a boyfriend and probably isn't a big drinker.  Her biggest hurdle in the house is her partner running around starting shit, but she seems to be taking the approach of whatever he thinks is the right strategic move is the move to go with.  It seems like most of these newbies are doing that, which is smart.  Even if your partner is a lunatic, it's probably wise to assume they know how to navigate this game better than you do at this point.  Unless your partner is Amanda.  Josh actually seems to handle it better than her, but she is the worst human being in the world.  So it's not like that's a high bar to clear.  

God I hope Amanda is next to go.

Also, I think some of the male Ninja Warriors would be great in endurance and jumping type challenges...but I wonder how they'd do in the heavy lifting type challenges.  Most the Male ninjas are smaller guys, as the bigger you are the harder it is to move through the courses they run. The kind of elimination we had last week wouldn't be great for them because it's basically brute strength.

But the girls in Ninja warrior are strong and athletic.

13 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Oh hell yes.  No way anyone coasts into the top three on this one.  So who are the favorites in this challenge.  I'm thinking a strong female will come in handy on this one, so maybe Kyle/Mattie and Kam/Ashley might be good bets.  Paulie/Ninja would be my third choice since I'm not convinced there isn't any challenge those two can't handle.  My prediction:

1.  Kam/Ashley

2. Turbo/Nany (Turbo will beast it mostly by himself and Kyle will let Mattie down)

3.  Paulie/Ninja

Ashley probably lacks endurance if i had to guess. Paulie and Ninja seem like a good pick. If Mattie has any endurance then she and Kyle should do well. CT and Julia probably saved themselves some embarrassment going home before this one. Turbo and Nany, Wes and Dee, and Cara and Theo also seem strong. Dark Horse is Zach and Zahida. I like Zahida; she seems cool and normal and I'm rooting for he to do well and be invited back. 

That was a damn good challenge. GoPokes with a 66% hit rate with Pauline/Ninja, Turbo/Nany and I mentioned Theo and Cara as a contender. These 3 teams could make the final. Still can’t figure out what Bear’s problem was and Hunter is a muscle bound pussy.

• Like 1

I. Hate. Cara. Maria. 

Goddamnit. 

I used to think she was just misunderstood and was unjustly bullied. Now she’s understood and deserves all the grief she gets.

This is a great season so far with some interesting new faces. That’s a good thing because it’s been a vets bloodbath so far.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Also, Bear and Day could be a dark horse to finish top 3.

I dont mind swinging for the fences, but DAMN, this was as 180 deg away as possible. :)

so- did they know this was a puzzle challenge when they picked Wes?  I mean if they did, picking him makes sense, hes got issues with puzzles.  but if not, why in the fuck wouldnt you go after Amanda or Bear (who btw in the old school challenge shows, TJ would have thrown him off the fucking show for breaking the chain with his partner)?

these fucking brits are all too damn buddy buddy with each other right now,  they all think they have an alliance but they are gonna get fucked by their alliance real soon. 

actually kind of pissed that TJ didnt just say   Bear and D, you didnt attempt the challenge, you are gone.    But then, i guess since Hunter didnt try either the producers must have thought it wouldnt have been fair. 

I. Hate. Cara. Maria. 

Goddamnit. 

She ain’t looking too good. But Zach is coming off really bad too. Of course she’s going to be upset if someone she thought is her friend is talking shit behind her back.

Also Bear is a little bitch. Coming after Ninja like that? Does he realize she’s done more competitions than anyone in that damn house? Paulie is a good competitor. That’s been proven. But their team is so good because of both of them. And then Cara was right about Bear taking over the women and listening to the guys. That’s kind of obviously misogynistic of him.

Wow the vets are dropping like flies. The UK people are staying a long time.

the challenge has finally been shaken up and its awesome. future challenges should only get better, and with the level of competition this year i would hope that we've seen the end of the aneesa's and shane's being picked for the show. or even worse another Big Easy. If only we could get Laurel, Emily, Nicole, and Theresa to come back then we'd be set. 

idea for a feature on a future challenge: every player has one main rival in the house, and you accrue points based on performance, including eliminations. the first player to reach x amount of points gets to send their rival home on the spot. no questions. once it done once that's it, the power ceases to exist.

11 hours ago, Bobby Light said:

I love anyone who causes trouble in the house, so Bear is killing it right now.

Also my wife can't believe I still watch this show lol

I'm on the other side of that fence.  I hope after last night, they realize they don't need people like him.  He's like Shane and Amanda.  He creates drama just for screen time and it feels contrived.  And he's a poorest loser I've ever seen.  It seems like the last few years, they are now making an effort to turn The Challenge into a "sport".  By sport, I mean something like American Ninja Warrior or that Titans game The Rock is hosting.  If that's the goal, they don't need poor losers like Bear on there.  Can you imagine someone on ANW falling off some contraption and acting like that?  He's bad for the brand.  

Speaking of contrived drama, I was listening to the Challengemania podcast yesterday and Josh was on it.  He said Gus came up to him and said he wasn't getting much screen time so if Josh wanted to start an argument with him, that would be ok.   

13 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Josh & Amanda still wouldn’t have that puzzle solved this many months later. 

Can’t tell if Zach is just that dumb or if he just has that much pride. Why would you choose to go up against that team, when you already don’t like Amanda, josh seems relatively worthless, and Wes/Dee are clearly one of the stronger teams given how athletic Dee is compared to the rest of the girls. This is an interesting season though. Gonna take some getting used to all these new names, but I don’t mind it.

And as much as I dislike both teams, Paulie’s team or Cara Marie’s team are winning this thing. They’re both strong competitors as it is, and their partners are ridiculous compared to the rest of the field. I have a feeling we’re going to see Theo win one of these by himself (if he’s at least an average swimmer of course...no racist)

Edited by youdunnf'dup

I can see what Cara/Paulie would be annoying, but why hate those 2 teams?  Paulie has proven for a 2nd year in a row Paulie has proven to be a legit competitor, and Ninja Natalie is a boss.  Cara has proven that too, despite her mental issues.

I'm still shocked they didn't put in Bear...and Zach partner was definitely stupid.  The UK alliance is strong(even Wes is giving them their props), but even they wouldn't have blinked if she let Zach call them out with the way he was acting.  The fact he didn't force the issue with Bear or at least Amanda/Joss was stupid.

For all the hate on Cara, she is pretty horrible but it's not her fault that's how they choose to edit the show. I feel like there is so much other stuff going on but they aren't showing any of it.

I mean I dont think we've seen one hook up on the show, I'm sure there's been a few, right?

4 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

It seems like the last few years, they are now making an effort to turn The Challenge into a "sport".  By sport, I mean something like American Ninja Warrior or that Titans game The Rock is hosting.  If that's the goal, they don't need poor losers like Bear on there.  Can you imagine someone on ANW falling off some contraption and acting like that?  He's bad for the brand.  

I don't see how they are trying to turn it into a sport.  The drama is what attracts the majority of their audience, that's why only ~30% of the episode is actually the physical competitions.

4 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

I don't see how they are trying to turn it into a sport.  The drama is what attracts the majority of their audience, that's why only ~30% of the episode is actually the physical competitions.

Not a sport.  A "sport".  Kind of a sport.  I think I'm getting that feeling listening to a lot of them talk on Challenemania.  And the fact that they are bringing in some pretty strong competitors lately.  And hopefully starting to get rid of some of the dead weight (Anissa) and some of the people who are there only for drama (Shane).  They'll always keep a few drama queens so it doesn't get boring, but the pendulum seems to have swung the other way now and instead of a house full of drama queens, they are being more selective.  Which is good.  We don't need 12 drama queens.  We need 3 or 4 pairs of people who hate each other and then just let the rest of it develop organically when people hook up and inevitably break up.   Hell, as long at Cara, Paulie, and Kyle are there, it's never going to be boring.  

12 hours ago, Drew said:

I can see what Cara/Paulie would be annoying, but why hate those 2 teams?  Paulie has proven for a 2nd year in a row Paulie has proven to be a legit competitor, and Ninja Natalie is a boss.  Cara has proven that too, despite her mental issues.

I'm still shocked they didn't put in Bear...and Zach partner was definitely stupid.  The UK alliance is strong(even Wes is giving them their props), but even they wouldn't have blinked if she let Zach call them out with the way he was acting.  The fact he didn't force the issue with Bear or at least Amanda/Joss was stupid.

For Paulie, I would say it has something to do with him being annoying as fuck. For Cara-Marie, i would say...because she’s annoying as fuck. Combine them together, and my god. I will say that i do like Kyle, just from an entertainment factor. I think he brings more to the show than Paulie, even if he isn’t on paulies level as a player. 

Paulie is definitely a great competitor though. Gotta hand it to him. He’s exceeded everyone’s expectations easily and is probably the favorite among the male players left. Which is just shocking to say 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Yeah, Kyle is cool, but those fucking knee tats are some of the strangest I’ve ever seen. How do you decide to get tatted there? 

the same reason he and paulie make such a great rivalry: massive amounts of insecurity. kyle copes by getting fake teeth, fake hair, and covering his entire body in tattoos, and Paulie copes by acting like life is an action movie and he's the star. Massive amounts of insecurity between the two of them. 

• Like 2

I’m calling it now. A rookie is winning this since the vets are dropping like flies. Probably a male as I doubt we have a team win again so soon after a team win last year(even with the “partner takes all the money” shit).

I would say Paulie as this is only his second season and isn’t really a vet in my eyes...but I think Turbo should be the favorite. He’s not just a big strong meat head like Zach or something, he’s also very in shape with good cardio and more agile than a guy his size would normally be. Plus his team is pretty damn good in these challenges which helps a ton. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him win this thing in his first season.

1 hour ago, UTPhil2006 said:
  1. Paulie and Ninja
  2. Wes and Dee
  3. Cara and Theo
  4. Turbo and Nany
  5. Kam and Ashley
  6. Hunter and Georgia
  7. Kyle and Mattie
  8. Leroy and Shaleen
  9. Bear and Davonne
  10. Josh and Amanda
  11. Gus and Jenna

Jenna might fall apart without Zach there but I think they are a really strong team. Pretty sure they got 4th in this challenge. I think your top 5 are right on the money but I would move Gus and Jenna to 6th, and even Josh and Amanda up above Leroy and Shaleen (who I forgot who were even on this show).

1 hour ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Jenna might fall apart without Zach there but I think they are a really strong team. Pretty sure they got 4th in this challenge. I think your top 5 are right on the money but I would move Gus and Jenna to 6th, and even Josh and Amanda up above Leroy and Shaleen (who I forgot who were even on this show).

Yeah after the top 5 it's really interchangeable by who's doing good that week.  All relatively the same.

2 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Gus would get smashed by every guy on that show except for maybe Josh, Bear, and Kyle. At least he would in any type of physical elimination 

2 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

How can Hunter come onto the show in such bad cardio shape after already being on it a couple of seasons?

TJ said on the CM podcast that Ashley smoked him in the running/endurance portion of the final last year and that's why she beat him. You'd think that after losing like that and how distraught he was gbag he'd have spent the entire offseason slimming down, increasing his cardio, and tightening his game. Nope. He's just looking at Georgia like, "Yeah so check this out, I don't really get along with people and I have no endurance.• Way to learn bro. 

There's a bit of hoopla on some of the cast member's social media that there was incident involving Bananas, Kyle, & Theo doing something to Amanda (wrapping her head in duct tape) that the show is trying to hide and threatening the cast not to talk about.

you can check some of their twitter handles (Amanda, Shane, Dayvonne) for the tea

Edited by Bobby Light

Wow. I’d love to know more details on that. Because unless all three of them were holding her down, or unless she was passed out drunk, you don’t just let someone wrap your head in duct tape. I would think something like that could be a borderline Kenny/Evan type of situation though. 

And yeah, wtf Theo. You’re new to the show and you have so much potential as a competitor (not so much from the drama side though). Just fucking lay low and dominate.

Seems like Amanda's biggest issue is that MTV didn't air it and are trying to silence her and the castmates about it. For that, I totally agree. If they can do all the anti-bullying PSAs for Kayleigh, they should have done it for Amanda. She's already said she's forgiven them so it's not that she wants retribution for them, she just doesn't want it brushed under the rug. Never thought I'd say this, but I'm on #teamamanda for this one.

That's terribly fucked up if three guys did that to one woman and no one thought to step in, not a castmember or production, and on top of that, MTV wanting it to stay hidden is all levels of fucked up.

Alright, good effort Leroy, but maybe time to take some seasons off. Concentrate on that barbershop in Vegas. 

Yep. He’s been on 10 seasons and has won a whopping $36,500 in prize money. And his future prospects look grim with his chief benefactor, Johnny Bananas, looking washed up.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Alright, good effort Leroy, but maybe time to take some seasons off. Concentrate on that barbershop in Vegas. 

He was saddled with a poor partner (he never gets a beast like Maddy).  That said, he has underperformed.  Sounds like he underperformed with Kam too.