recap of TJ Lavin going on the Challenge Mania podcast- news about S34

Goo Punch

6 minutes ago, mb111 said:

He was saddled with a poor partner (he never gets a beast like Maddy).  That said, he has underperformed.  Sounds like he underperformed with Kam too.

I would have loved to see Paulie and Ninja Nicole in that one. They would have won in half the time those two teams took. I loved the two challenges last night but they should have given the women 20/30 bags instead of 40 it would have made it a lot more interesting instead of just coming down to who was the better female.  

Just now, spystud13 said:

You knew Leroy was fucked when they showed that clip in like the first 3 minutes where he was telling the other vets he was gonna win the whole thing. Classic MTV foreshadowing. 

Yeah I hate that they do that shit. And it's not just the challenge it seems all competition reality shows need to beat you over the head with the person during the episode before they end up going home. 

Leroy had about 2 minutes of air time all season before last night. 

• Like 1

I'm loving that they get to call out who they go head to head against this season.  Wes once again masterminded someone going home, but you can only do so much to make that happen.  Once we trim a little more fat (#9 & 10 above in Phil's ranking), it's going to get brutal on the killing floor.   Bear and Davonne cannot hang with any of those 7 teams above them, so hope he enjoys his week of immunity.  These Brits can stick together all they want.  At some point, they're going to have to (or choose to) throw Wes or Paulie in there and there won't be a Leroy to hide behind.  

Next week's killing floor should be Gus/Jenna vs. Josh/Amanda.  After that, Bear has nowhere to hide.  

4 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Nany is right that the Brit's are about to have insurmountable numbers, but like you said you can call out whomever you want once down there, which will be where the US people will have to make up the numbers

She can only sleep with and "have feelings for" so many guys in the house before they have to vote her in.

34 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Bear is a royal fucking beating. its not just his accent which is so fucking terribad, its his whole fucking attitude.

fucking cunt actually thinks he can just rail on women in today's age and get by?  just mind blowing

I did think it was funny that on camera he admitted to lying about not telling Nany that he was more attracted to her than Georgia. 

13 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Bear is a royal fucking beating. its not just his accent which is so fucking terribad, its his whole fucking attitude.

fucking cunt actually thinks he can just rail on women in today's age and get by?  just mind blowing

Bear is the perfect heel for this show. Clearly over the top and probably annoying as fuck in person. But there’s a reason they invited him, and it clearly isn’t his athleticism. I love him on this show haha. Straight up.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

The real question is how many seasons will Paulie be on now? He’s never leaving, just have to hope Cara gets put out to pasture soon. 

They should do an old people Challenge for like 6 episodes instead of those worthless “Celebrity” ones. Bring back Robin, Katie, & the other washed-up crew. That would be funny as shit. 

And Nany liking Hunter was unexpected. 

9 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Bear is the perfect heel for this show. Clearly over the top and probably annoying as fuck in person. But there’s a reason they invited him, and it clearly isn’t his athleticism. I love him on this show haha. Straight up.

same.  he knows his reality show purpose and plays it very well.

I hate Bear the person and competitor...love Bear the character.  Him strait telling Georgia that he wasn't lying and then the cut to his interview saying ""I think the best option is to always lie" had me rolling.

And WTF Bear...I know Leroy and his teammate were easier...but jesus you had Amanda and Joss up there.  And Amanda pretending like she's doing something by sneaking by each week?

Nah girl, the smart ones are just waiting to use you as a layup Elimination win.

Cara is worse than Bear. There people like Bear who are going to act the way they act no matter what anyone says or does, and most people get that, and they don't interject when someone like Bear starts doing what someone like Bear does. Not Cara! Even though she gotta be 30 by now, she still acts like a little child. Every time Bear said something she just HAD to say something. "Best stop! Bear, STOP! Beeaaarrrrr! Ugh, I need earplugs! Someone make him stop!" Jesus, somebody make you stop. Please. 

also i'm very happy that Josh and Amanda went home. 

4 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Cara is worse than Bear. There people like Bear who are going to act the way they act no matter what anyone says or does, and most people get that, and they don't interject when someone like Bear starts doing what someone like Bear does. Not Cara! Even though she gotta be 30 by now, she still acts like a little child. Every time Bear said something she just HAD to say something. "Best stop! Bear, STOP! Beeaaarrrrr! Ugh, I need earplugs! Someone make him stop!" Jesus, somebody make you stop. Please. 

also i'm very happy that Josh and Amanda went home. 

I don't want to be the one to defend Cara, but that is not a very good example of how shitty she is (to me).  Bear screaming shit while people are doing the challenge is a pussy move.  Nothing anyone said to him at that moment would have bothered me.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

I don't want to be the one to defend Cara, but that is not a very good example of how shitty she is (to me).  Bear screaming shit while people are doing the challenge is a pussy move.  Nothing anyone said to him at that moment would have bothered me.   

cara was the only one saying anything back to him. everyone else is ignoring him, knowing that saying anything will only egg him on, but Cara doesn't get that, so she HAS to say something every single time he does. I can't stand when people do that. It's like look around babe, 15 other people here ignoring him and you're over here winding him up more. way to go.

also, imo Cara seems to see the world in black and white quite a bit, and she definitely sees herself as firmly in the "good" camp. she seems to be so caught up in how shitty she thinks everyone else is that she's on a crusade to constantly prove that she's good and that the people she doesn't like are bad. everything this season with her has been drama- as soon as one bit of drama ends with one party, she's already fully engaged in more drama with some new party. she's been her worst self this season. she sees it as her and paulie (good) vs everyone else (evil), like "satan" as she kept calling amanda. at this point i'm leaning towards liking amanda more than Cara.

Edited by Goo Punch

nany is always unintentionally hilarious.

literally every guy she thinks is cute- could be Aaron Hernandez- in fact let's say it's Aaron Hernandez- heres Nany-

"Aaron is just a great guy, he's very sweet, he makes me laugh, i think we're just clicking on a personal level, and he's really just an all around great guy." 

At the risk of being redundant, I've also joined the anti-Cara camp for the first time.

It seems like after her big win a couple seasons ago, she changed. Underdog Cara was easy to root for, entitled Cara is almost as bad as Camilla was at this point.  

I mean he looked awful.  That's not the way you get your point across or talk to her.

She on the other hand is a fucking stupid.  She CAUGHT him talking to his girlfriend, knows he's lying to her, and just went right back to him.  And women wonder why some guys treat them like shit.

Did Bear mention him having more tattoos than Hunter as evidence establishing his superiority to him? Lolz

General point: the team going into the elimination being able to choose their opponent and having immunity for the next elimination is a really good format adjustment, imho.

Cara thinks she is cute but she could not be wrong. She is childish and annoying. She and Paulie are a like a couple of 12 year olds who physically grew into adults but who mentally stayed in the mind frame of a middle school child. Jesus they are the worst. Particularly Cara.

9 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Ashley looks like a goat, and I don't mean that metaphorically.

Funny thing is he was referred to as Gorilla in the season premiere, then I guess someone realized that probably wasn’t the best look. Has been Beast ever since, even though he hasn’t done a ton. 

8 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Rest of the season will be interesting. Wish we would have seen a Tribunal tie at least once though. 

why?   because every fucking time there is a tie, the tribunal all end up in the arena due to pure stupidity? 

Maybe these idiots learned their lesson last season when Amanda absolutely refused to fucking pick just 1 of her 7 or 8  backstabbing "friends" to go into the elimination instead of letting Zack save the only friend (and the one team guaranteed to NOT vote them in) last year.

at least they went to an individual challenge this year instead of the idiocy of assuming any team member will actually share their funds. 

I also think the producers may have taken some back end flack after last season's finale was such a cheesy dud  (yeah I heard the set broke, but tough shit).

and again, how the producers didnt really handle how Hunter kind of got fucked on how they timed him.

The only event that was a TEAM timed event was the eating challenge, which Hunter absolutely fucking destroyed easily eating more than 80% of the plates, maybe even 90%.... and Smashley got the same fucking time bank credit for that event.   even if the producers had offered a 10 second bonus per plate eaten I think Hunter would have had the better overall time since I think it was less than 2 mins diff between he & smashley