2019 New Music Thread

C-Man

3 hours ago, bizzle said:

no idea if it's life circumstances allowing me to listen to more music, or just randomly connecting with more albums, but I've enjoyed so much more in 2019 than the past few years combined - vampire weekend, bibio, big thief, local natives, nick murphy, anderson.paak, glen hansard, lucy rose, american football, foals, helado negro - i'm enjoying a big part of all of those albums and a bunch more. 

nomaaa is probably going to have to take multiple weeks off for his top 10 list.

Not the same chunk of albums your are digging, but I've had the same response this year to Sharon Von Etten, Susto, Ewan Currie, enjoyed what has been put out by The National, Beck, The Head and the Heart, The Raconteurs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
There’s a new Thom York album out but I haven’t listened yet.

Based on his other solo stuff and the last Radiohead record, I don’t have high hopes. I’m the biggest Radiohead fanboi you’ll find but I’m afraid they’ve lost the plot.

908a57438ef78ce115a5ffa6695bd6fb.jpg

On 6/28/2019 at 1:33 AM, C-Man said:

Based on his other solo stuff and the last Radiohead record, I don’t have high hopes. I’m the biggest Radiohead fanboi you’ll find but I’m afraid they’ve lost the plot.

908a57438ef78ce115a5ffa6695bd6fb.jpg

You owe it to yourself to check out the Anima short film that is on Netflix.  It is only about 14 minutes, and covers three songs from York's album.  Directed by Paul Thomas Anderson with some mind bending choreography and a "story arc" that gives a better perspective about what Thom York's songs are trying to say better than his lyrics do.  

• Like 2

Yeah, he’s got some good stuff.

He lead a band in the 90’s called Verbena that I was a fan of after seeing them open for the Foo’s. My wife’s best friend is dating one of the other guys from Verbena right now, which is very random. He has some good stories about opening for Foo and REM in the 90’s. 

27 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

new album, I,I, comes out august 30th.  of the 3 songs that have been released, i really like hey ma and faith

Like what I've heard much more than the last album, which was a little too far out there for my taste.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:40 PM, C-Man said:

Never heard of this guy before last night but anybody dig A.A. Bondy? Ironically, after my Spotify rant the first song off Bondy's latest album came on and it's pretty good. 

You serious Clark?

6 hours ago, MoJames said:

Being out of the Rap scene I promptly looked up the band New Chance. I was confused.

A new album by three-time Grammy winning hip-hop, gospel, and R&B artist "Chance the Rapper" was released today, July 26th, 2019.

It will be 8 pm central at the top of the hour. This is BBC radio. 

• 2 weeks later...

New Pete Yorn album is out today.

I was super into Pete in the early/mid 2000s.  Dude has never been great, but just consistently very solid.  Can't believe it's been almost 20 years since "Musicforthemorningafter."

He's not breaking any new ground on the new album, but if you like Pete, you'll like it.