2019 New Music Thread

C-Man

Mandolin orange, deer tick and susto all have new ones coming out in February. I think the Avett’s have a new one on the way. Raconteurs got me excited with the first 2 songs. Sturgill and Isbell seem likely. Hoping PJ finally finishes a new one. 

I forgot Josh Ritter has a new one coming out produced by Isbell. 

Edited by 4th&Five

On 1/4/2019 at 4:15 PM, 4th&Five said:

Mandolin orange, deer tick and susto all have new ones coming out in February. I think the Avett’s have a new one on the way. Raconteurs got me excited with the first 2 songs. Sturgill and Isbell seem likely. Hoping PJ finally finishes a new one. 

I forgot Josh Ritter has a new one coming out produced by Isbell. 

Same.  Raconteurs are Jack White's best vehicle.  Something about working with Benson brings out his best shit, IMO.

• Like 1

new night beats and deerhunter albums out today. night beats is pretty different from their previous stuff...it's just the guitarist now and he recorded it with nashville studio musicians. 
I was actually curious what you thought of the Night Beats album. It is so different. Myself, I prefer the more raw sound of the previous albums. Reminds me of when The Black Keys switched from self producing/recording in Patrick's basement to working with Dangermouse. A little too smooth in my opinion.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:38 AM, Nuge said:
On 1/18/2019 at 3:11 PM, stc said:
new night beats and deerhunter albums out today. night beats is pretty different from their previous stuff...it's just the guitarist now and he recorded it with nashville studio musicians. 

I was actually curious what you thought of the Night Beats album. It is so different. Myself, I prefer the more raw sound of the previous albums. Reminds me of when The Black Keys switched from self producing/recording in Patrick's basement to working with Dangermouse. A little too smooth in my opinion.

I've only listened to it once and it didn't do much for me on first listen. 

On 1/18/2019 at 9:08 PM, Stringer said:

No Rostam anymore right?  Will be interesting to see how it comes out and how much influence he had.

On 1/21/2019 at 4:44 PM, C-Man said:

Correct -- no more Rostam.

I won't really consider them the same band and I believe he was their man songwriter in terms of music. 

Former members[54]

• Rostam Batmanglij – keyboards, guitar, programming, percussion, backing vocals, record production (2006–2016)

So yeah I don't think there is a question of how much influence he had. Hopefully they don't suck now. 

Just now, ztejas said:

Woof. Really? You gonna do the White Stripes like that?

Yeah.  I like them (a lot, actually) but "Consolers of the Lonely" just kicks ass at a different level.  I like the fleshed out sound of the bass and extra guitars more than the bare bones approach.

His solo stuff and The Dead Weather pale to both the Raconteurs or White Stripes, IMO.

• Like 1