You're driving down the road. A squirrel runs out in front of you.

Thetexashammer

Let off the gas but if it dies, it dies. It's a rodent that is highly suicidal. It's like those assholes that see no one behind you for miles but just can't wait to pull out in front of you forcing you to be the better person who avoids them. Sorry suicidal squirrel, you lost this coin toss. 

Knew a guy from high school named Chao Chen who drove a 98 Altima. I was leaving the neighborhood behind him on the way to school. This guy literally swerved out of the way to run over a squirrel. The image is still stuck in my head because it was so funny. 

He then went into the left lane to turn right because why not. 

Knew a guy from high school named Chao Chen who drove a 98 Altima. I was leaving the neighborhood behind him on the way to school. This guy literally swerved out of the way to run over a squirrel. The image is still stuck in my head because it was so funny. 
Sofla amiright?

Sofla amiright?

35 minutes ago, futureman said:

a better question is

“you’re driving down the road.  a deer runs in front of you.  what do you do?”

I’ve hit three.  two on 71 and one on 16.  just grip the wheel and roll right through them. 

I've hit a couple.  I've heard that you're not supposed to break, because that drops  the nose of your car, making it more likely that the deer comes in through your windshield.

Back in '84, I did some minor damage to my '79 Mazda Station Wagon on the way to my high school job.  I tried to avoid hitting a squirrel after a brief rain that had left the roads slicked. I swerved did a 180 and ended up in a ditch.  I might have been slightly impaired.  I pretty sure there was a squirrel involved, but over the years I am not sure if I am confusing my stories or remembering the story I told my parents about how the car got damaged. Either way, pretend they are not even there.  They know the score.

21 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I started this thread way back in the Hornfans day when I nearly rear-ended a car who had locked up their breaks for a squirrel, and everyone said it was my fault.  

21 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I've hit a couple.  I've heard that you're not supposed to break, because that drops  the nose of your car, making it more likely that the deer comes in through your windshield.

That's the brakes kid.