2019 Houston Texans Offseason

The Earl of Texas

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'd wager the Texans took Gillaspia to appease Aggys after drafting Charles O. 

Yes. Really. 

That’s a dumb reason the real reason is probably even dumber. Probably getting someone to lead the special teams and exhibit the fake toughness that buttchin craves. That aggy is textbook UDFA material.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

A wide receiver from Ohio State, Dixon received $50,000 total guaranteed. That includes a $10,000 signing bonus and a $40,000 base salary guarantee.

A defensive end from national champion Clemson, Huggins received a total of $40,000 guaranteed.

Dixon, who worked out privately for Texans receivers coach John Perry prior to the draft, caught 42 passes for 669 yards and eight touchdowns last season. Over the past two seasons, he caught 60 passes for 1,091 yards and 16 touchdowns.

I was hoping they would pick up Dodson when he was sliding, he would have been a great get in the 7th round over that 12 man kid, that pick just doesn't make sense to me. I don't care that he is an aggy, I care that he would have been an easy UDFA pickup, and instead we wasted a pick on him.

It has nothing to do with him being an aggy, an everyday to do with him being a shitty football player that is years away from being a capable FB. There were WRs you could have taken with the pick, you know an actual team need, anyone that can stay healthy and play opposite Hopkins.
Absolutely. What a waste of a pick. It's amazing they think they have the luxury of using a pick on a player that will only be special teams. With all the needs this team has they are so far away from being in that position. They think they are the Patriots.

This team won't make the playoffs this year
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Who gives a shit about a guy taken in the 7th round. This draft has been a massive let down, and unfortunately it started in the first round.

And then why not take a flier on the guy who protected Watson's blind side at Clemson? Easiest UDFA pick up ever for Houston, and they let the Cowboys grab him? 

Wait, you post about the bitching of a 7th round pick, then bitch about a UDFA.

• Like 1

Kinda crazy.. Texans NOT in top 10... Just out now

Cowturd's 2019 Post-Draft NFL Hierarchy 

• Patriots  #1
  • Colts.     #2
  • Rams.    #3
  • Eagles    #4
  • Steelers  #5
  • Packers  #6
  • Chiefs.    #7
  • Chargers  #8
  • 49ers       #9
  • Cowboys #10

42 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

610 spent five mins this morning explaining why the Aggie was a value pick 

Not really sure how it could possibly be considered a "value" pick.  What were they saying?   I guess a miracle could occur and he's somehow the next Mike Alstott, but dude would have still been there as a UDFA regardless.  It's not like there was some huge run on fullbacks happening.

Edited by MadBurgerMaker

per radio, ravens offered to switch first round spots for the texans third (which was used for the SDSU TE). Texans passed and the eagles got dillard

time will tell who made the better decision. one week after the draft, you make that move and grab dillard 

49 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

per radio, ravens offered to switch first round spots for the texans third (which was used for the SDSU TE). Texans passed and the eagles got dillard

time will tell who made the better decision. one week after the draft, you make that move and grab dillard 

That TE is probably our best draft pick, so the decision to not make that trade was a smart one. If the Texans were a Dillard away from being a good team, you make that trade. They are not good enough to throw away a top 100 pick to get a guy that is marginally better than the guy they got.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Texans paid 2.62 million for Cullen Gillaspia and $165K signing bonus. 

Highest paid Houston UFA is $1.765 mill (3 year contract if they make team) and $50K signing bonus. 

Nothing like paying triple for no fucking reason

Tweet below shows signing bonus of only $103.5k......  (not $165k)

Peter King's 2019 pre-camp rankings....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/13/nfl-power-rankings-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatwking#the-lead-rankings

15. *HOUSTON TEXANS (11-6)

I would have liked to see the Texans devote more resources to fixing, arguably, the worst position group—offensive line—on any returning playoff team. Last year, the mobile Deshaun Watson was sacked, hit or pressured significantly 275 times in 16 games, per Pro Football Focus. That’s a lot. Houston responded by drafting Tytus Howard, a tackle from small Alabama State, in the first round, after their reported top tackle choice, Andre Dillard, was snatched before them by Philadelphia. I hope Howard can play right away, because he’s desperately needed. It’s amazing that, under all that pressure, Watson found time to hit DeAndre Hopkins 115 times. Imagine if Watson had legitimate time to pick apart defenses. He could connect with Hopkins 150 times.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe a new GM will fix things. Maybe we need a new head coach. Regardless I'm torn between wasting a year of Deshaun to put actual change into motion and simply seeing how far he can take this. 

Hoping it's a Rodgers/Green Bay situation where we dick our way to a superbowl somehow and not a Jeff Fischer type situation. 

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Gaine was awful, but BOB is abysmal. The McNairs are not serious about winning championships.

every seat is sold.

WGAF?