Tell Us About Your Avatar

PvilleStang

2 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

Looking at you, @Mikegundy'sMullet, to start this one off right...

If you don't know mine, go watch Parks and Rec.  Would have voted Ron Swanson in over any of the top 5 candidates in any presidential election in the last decade.

Mine is elementary school teacher, Katie Sunshine. She likes the hula hoop. None of my teachers looked like this. Still safe for work, I think. lwqMkvZ.gif

hello_sirs.jpg

This pic is interesting to me because it's so ******* funny, yet I can't quite pinpoint the reason it's so ******* funny. I mean, there are certainly clearly identifiable aspects about it which are funny, but none of them seem to sufficiently account for the photo's overall comedic value. That's what makes the pic so compelling; it rewards endless examination and analysis, yet yields no insight on an intellectual level. The more you realize it is funny, the more you want to articulate why, and the more you realize there is no rational explanation that's easy to explain. It just works, at a gut level.

Something about the font, and total lack of capitalization and punctuation, maybe. Also, the text suggests that the cat is somehow greeting a potential buyer of his warez, yet cannot use proper punctuation and capitalization (or that's implied), and of course the very idea that he'd manufacture or sell 'internets' is ridiculous, but what amplifies that literary incompetence is the cat's facial expression--so nonchalant, diffident and self-serving, almost used-car-salesmanesque, I get this uneasy feeling like 'this cat's trying to screw me on these internets'. Then I realize I'm actually getting sucked into believing and rationalizing the viability of a cat selling anything. Then I want to pet the cat.

I could honestly analyze and critique this single pic more than any work of art I've studied in any art appreciation class I've ever had. And, I've probably already accomplished that. It'd be worth following up on the source and asking him how he created it, or where he got it from to find that out. I mean, an artist should be commended for creating any kind of artwork that elicits such a powerful and inexplicable reaction from its audience.

26 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I wore a rut in the sidewalk between Posse East and Crown and Anchor.

As did I, between the Posse and my shitty efficiency apartment in law school.  I honestly spent more of my waking hours at the Posse than I did at my apartment.

If heaven doesn't involve drinking cheap beer at a picnic table with your friends, I don't wanna go.

• Like 1

bs2.gif

I couldn't get an avatar to work on Shag.  Now I have a little picture.

I really wanted this .gif, but it won't fit in a circle and there is little chance I could figure it out.  Definitely appropriate for this website, though.

Edited by Jerry Callo

6 minutes ago, ulukinatme said:

It's from some movie called Ape.  I've never even seen the whole thing, but the effects were so cheesy, and it has an ape flipping you off.  What more do you need?

You avatar is one of my favorites on the S. Just amazing.

• Like 1

My old Vanishing Point one from the other site did not work well in a circle so I grabbed on of our favorite artists creations - Davis catching the missed field goal and the start of the greatest play in college football  - my opinion and I know that the Rose Bowl TD also would be at the top on a lot of people's list. Also changed my name from AUinAustin since I moved back home after retiring from IBM.