2019 UFC/MMA thread

spystud13

16 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

It sounds good on paper but it's a terrible idea. If they know the score cards are 2-0 in their favor in a 3 rounder or 3-0 in a 5 rounder (or up 2+ rounds going into the final one) the leader will just run and play defense like Woodley did against Maia. It'll be boring fuck city. 

What they need is better trained judges and clearer and concise exact rules for scoring. 

Good point. Either way, it’s unacceptable. If nothing else, the one judge that is way off from everyone else needs to get interviewed in the post fight presser and be held accountable for how he came to that conclusion. There is no world where that fight was 3-1 Colby heading into the last round. I’ll give it 2-2, but you can’t have that big of a discrepancy between the 3 judges. Doesn’t make any sense. 

Rogan threw out the idea of having like 5 or 7 judges instead of 3. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

I thought Colby was winning 3-1 going into the 5th and thought it was crazy any judge could have it 3-1 Usman. I had Round 1 clearly Colby, Round 3 clearly Usman, and Rounds 2/4 both close but Colby winning them both.

Assuming these striking stats are official http://www.ufcstats.com/fight-details/82177c0f91d9618a, they kinda support that but really just indicate that rounds 2 and 4 were super close and could be judged either way.

1 minute ago, goatsaag said:

I thought Colby was winning 3-1 going into the 5th and thought it was crazy any judge could have it 3-1 Usman. I had Round 1 clearly Colby, Round 3 clearly Usman, and Rounds 2/4 both close but Colby winning them both.

Assuming these striking stats are official http://www.ufcstats.com/fight-details/82177c0f91d9618a, they kinda support that but really just indicate that rounds 2 and 4 were super close and could be judged either way.

Well there you go. I had money on Colby winning a decision and I thought it was 2-2 for sure. I didn’t see 3-1 Colby, but that’s what happens when the judging criteria is kind of up in the air.

That was a battle of the warriors. 

It was close enough to 2-2 that having 2 scores on opposite side is understandable.  Although the best is having more judged and throwing out the extreme scores.  It's just 1 night of labor and, let's be honest, it ain't real labor. 

Would love to see it rematched. Or, how masvidals insane boxing will go again usman

13 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Man, they need to fucking make the judges score cards public throughout the entire fight. One judge had it 3-1 Usman, one had it 2-2, the other has it 3-1 Covington. That makes no fucking sense. If they do that, at least the fighters know exactly where the fuck they stand and nobody is shocked by a surprising scorecard.

Also they should make it 9 judges and get more experienced people to score the fight. Three is a small amount of judges, especially if one or two (or all three) are incompetent or compromised.

There isn't really a good reason why there's not a bunch more judges.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...