2019 UFC/MMA thread

spystud13

Tyron Woodley's next title defense will come against Kamaru Usman, ending weeks of speculation surrounding Woodley's next opponent. 

According to multiple sources, the 170-pound title fight will take place at UFC 235 on March 2 in Las Vegas. Both fighters have signed their respective bout agreements, sources say.

The list of potential opponents to take on Woodley (19-3-1) ultimately came down to Usman (14-1), who has won 13 in a row, and Colby Covington, a winner in his past six fights who has been embroiled in a war of words with Woodley for well over a year.

In the end, the UFC chose Usman in large part because of its frustration over the fact that Covington, who won the interim welterweight title in June by defeating Rafael dos Anjos, refused to fight anyone else while Woodley was recovering from hand surgery. In the meantime, Usman defeated dos Anjos in late November and openly campaigned to fight any contender on short notice, which helped him leapfrog Covington in the eyes of the UFC brass.

The fight will mark Woodley's fifth title defense since winning the belt in 2016. He most recently defeated Darren Till in September.

The UFC wants the event, which will take place at T-Mobile Arena, to be headlined by Jon Jones vs. Anthony Smith for the light heavyweight title. However, that is contingent on the Nevada Athletic Commission granting Jones his license at a Jan. 29 hearing.

Good, fuck Colby. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to JJ putting everyone to sleep in that division. Hope he can keep his nose clean and his "supplements" untainted. He's going to go on an Anderson Silva like run. Anthony Smith will be put to sleep in round 2.

TJ deletes the flyweight division. Who in the Bantamweight can even compete with TJ?

Don't know where Otega goes from here, he looked unstoppable, then got totally outclassed by Max. If anything Conor needs to lose the weight and drop back into this division and face these guys.

Hope Tony gets his shot ASAP against Khabib. 

CC should be fighting Woodley, but Usman looks like it will be a good fight too. Don't understand why they give out interim belts if the guy isn't going to get the first shot at the champ.

Hope Bob can defeat Kelvin, but thats going to be a great fight. Adesanya is coming in hot in that division. 

Don't think Stipe can or will even get the chance to get the belt back from DC. That division is perpetually fucked.

“He was really close to me. So I thought, ‘If it’s a gun, he won’t have time to draw it.’ So I stood up. I threw two punches and a kick. He fell, then I caught him in a rear-naked choke. Then I sat him down in the same place we were before and said, ‘Now we’ll wait for the police.’

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/01/ufc-fighter-polyana-viana-beats-up-man-who-tried-robbing-her

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I didn’t like TJ until the ultimate fighter and I was seeing how petty team alpha male was. Him KOing Cody was pretty satisfying to watch both times.

Yeah I loved Cody NoDad fucking up Cruz but he was pretty horrible on TUF. Very few brain cells lighting up in that head, even less now after those two KOs. Although I don't think he's totally flushed, his chin may be deleted.

On 1/18/2019 at 7:15 PM, spystud13 said:

Need a few more supplements, TJ? 

I'm guessing most fighters do that.  Remmeber seeing an ESPN Jon Jones segment from way before Machida, his kitchen countertop looked the same and he was downing a ziplock bags worth of pills with his lunch

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

The fact that Dillashaw so easily weighed in at 125 has to say that Mighty Mouse was ducking him, right?

Check out this pic diary of how he lost it. Was at 134.6 two days before the weigh-in. 

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/25777457/tj-dillashaw-makes-biggest-weight-cut-career

I like how on the bottom scroll they show who’s coming up next. Saves my lazy ass from having to get online and checking for my damn self. 

But son of a bitch, they have Stephan A Smith doing this shit. What a kick in the balls