2019 UFC/MMA thread

spystud13

On 5/17/2019 at 2:51 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

”Damn homie, a few years ago you were supposed to be the man homie, wtf happened to you”

-in my 50 cent voice-

Northcutt got his face shattered:

Sage-Northcutt-hospital-after-ONE-debut.

Sage Northcutt’s first career knockout loss came at a costly price.

Northcutt’s anticipated ONE Championship debut went down Friday in Singapore, and it was essentially a worst-case scenario. Northcutt (11-3) was knocked out in brutal fashion just 29 seconds into his fightwith Cosmo Alexandre (8-1), getting left face first on the canvas after taking a huge punch.

Although Northcutt was alert and walking around the ring following the knockout, the damage was extensive. He shared an update from the hospital on Saturday night and revealed that he’d undergone a nine-hour surgery for eight facial fractures sustained in the contest.

• 2 weeks later...

May be time to find another country. 

Jessica Andrade, the UFC's newest champion, was carjacked at gunpoint Wednesday in Brazil, her manager Tiago Okamura confirmed to ESPN after Andrade posted about it on social media. MMA Fighting was the first to report the news.

Andrade was driving her Honda H-RV in Niteroi, Brazil, with her wife, Fernanda Gomes, in the passenger seat when men pulled out guns and stopped the vehicle. Okamura said the men took the car and the two women's phones, wallets and identification. He said Andrade and Gomes were unharmed in the robbery.

"In the end, we are just happy she and her wife are safe," Okamura said. "With this kind of situation, things can go south really quick, so good thing it all ended up with just material loss."

Early Thursday morning, Andrade posted to her Instagram a plea for help in finding the vehicle that was taken.

Andrade (20-6) defeated Rose Namajunas to win the UFC women's strawweight title at UFC 237 on May 11 in Rio de Janeiro. The Brazil native is on a four-fight winning streak. Andrade, 27, has just one loss dating back to 2015 and is ESPN's No. 4 ranked pound-for-pound women's MMA fighter in the world.

2 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

nice job by Smith, I don't think I've ever heard an arena that quiet after a main event finish 

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Lol @ gus

He really needs to stop fighting in Sweden. Didn’t Rumble Johnson beat him to a pulp last time he fought there? I feel like he puts too much pressure on himself when he’s in front of the hometown fans. A lot of guys are like that, it seems.

Pretty excited for this fight. I love cowboy, but there’s a big part of me that just wants to see Ferguson win so he can get his title shot. He deserves it. Dude is an asshole, and he’s clearly got some screws loose, but damnit if he isn’t a fucking savage in the octagon.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

3 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

I'm torn. I need Tony to take on Khabib, but if he has mental problems, on drugs, or is a wife beater...Fuck it. Go Donald.

He didn’t beat his wife.  He’s buddies with Eddie Bravo through.  They probably smoked dope and watched Alex Jones’s interview with Aaron Russo...

Just now, Junior Miller said:

I accidently hit the remote and logged out of my iptv when the doctor was looking at cowboy. What did they call? 

He couldn’t open his right eye at all, and it was full of fluid. That could’ve gotten ugly if they let it continue. Not the popular call, but I think even cowboy understood that one. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

He couldn’t open his right eye at all, and it was full of fluid. That could’ve gotten ugly if they let it continue. Not the popular call, but I think even cowboy understood that one. 

Yeah the eye looked like it was getting worse swelling by the second. I just didn't know if they called it a DQ on Ferguson for the late hit or if they called a stoppage. I guess the shot after the bell was to the other side of the face