2019 UFC/MMA thread

spystud13

9 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Yawn. Maybe he won't duck Tony and finally get tested by a decent ju jit guy in the UFC.

Umm, Poirier is a BJJ black belt.

Dustin gave it a go and made Khabib feel a right hand.  But honestly, that's about as close as I can see anyone getting to Khabib right now.  His wrestling is from another planet.

Edited by TexArcher

The man is the best I've seen. Nobody, not Barbosa, not Conor, not Dustin P. has even given him a test. Pure dominance. 

The way he rocked out of that guillotine was textbook perfection. No panic at all just technique and strength. The Jordan of MMA grappling. 

Dustin is beating himself up but there wasn't much he could do outside of catching him with a one hitter before he could get him against the cage. That guillotine was slick as hell and against most anyone it's over there. 

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Umm, Poirier is a BJJ black belt.

Dustin gave it a go and made Khabib feel a right hand.  But honestly, that's about as close as I can see anyone getting to Khabib right now.  His wrestling is from another planet.

Yeah not all BJJ black belts are equal obviously. Tony is 10th planet, plus he's got an actual wrestling background. He also isn't a cardiolet like pea head and cokehead Conor. Tony is also as unorthodox as it gets. Khabib destroys guys who try to use the standard striking and standard takedown defense. Tony throws crazy everything and will literally summersault to avoid a take down. 

38 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, Tony's a badass.  

I'm just saying, Dustin IS a legit BJJ guy.  

And Khabib doesn't make mistakes for anyone to capitalize on.  He's not my favorite fighter to watch by a long way, but he's really impressive.  He just crushes top level guys.

Agreed, just saying, Tony has won 12 strait in UFC. Khabib has won 12 strait in UFC. Let's see em fight.

Yeah that's the first time I've seen that. It seems like a great idea but man the headbutt risk is high. 

I've got two games on and 3rd smaller screen playing UFC. Saturdays have been extra comfy with CFB and MMA. 

Who ya rooting for in the main card?

Crute

Hall

????

Duffee

Krylov

Cowboy

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t wait for this fight. I’ve been looking forward to it as much as any fight all year.

And for those who care:

The marquee matchup for the evening will pit the UFC’s middleweight king, Robert Whittaker, against the surging interim champ, Israel Adesanya. At first, Whittaker opened up with a favored line of -150, with Adesanya starting out his betting life as a +120 underdog. Since then, the betting public bit on the plus line for Adesanya, sending his mark into the favored realm. He is now an option at -115. As for Whittaker, the wagers on his opponent dropped his moneyline to a less favored landing of -105.

I’m not super familiar with Whittaker,  but he’s super impressed me in both of his Yoel fights, even  persevering through a compromise knee.  I think he has the better fighter, but I will be rooting hard for Israel.  Losing wouldn’t be the worst thing to happen to him.

If I had ESPN plus, I would be willing to pay for this one.