2019 UFC/MMA thread

spystud13

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t think he sucks, but I think he’s easily the worst announcer out of all the fighters. I find myself liking DC and Felder a lot more than Cruz, and I never liked DC until he started announcing. Could just be personal preference though. Cruz definitely knows what he’s talking about, but something about him drives me crazy sometimes. 

He gives off the smart-aleck vibe.  Answers every question like he's really trying to prove something. 

That said, JM wasn't wrong about zavala

I think Askren gets ahold of him, gets him to the ground, and just pins him while throwing short head and body punches. Either wins by stoppage, submission, or score cards. Only way I see him losing is if he gets caught but that seems less likely than any of the other scenarios happening. He's experienced and isn't going to be stupid like Aaron Pico. 

12 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

I see Jon Jones keeps popping for picograms of oral Turinobol. Yet will be allowed to fight again after 2 hot tests this month. Why even test him anymore, it's fucking fake ass bullshit to allow him to fight juiced and no one else. 

Do you realize how small a picogram is? That shit stays in your system for a long time. Plus now the testing is even better so every little thing is showing up that's still in your system.

1 hour ago, BERT said:

Do you realize how small a picogram is? That shit stays in your system for a long time. Plus now the testing is even better so every little thing is showing up that's still in your system.

So... Why is Jones the only person having this issue? Other fighters test positive and come back and don't keep testing hot over and over. Frank Mir had the same thing happen with the same substance near the end of his career and was told it was impossible it was from a previous infraction over a year prior. Yet that's the exact excuse they're making for Jones for a test that is now on the cusp of 24 months ago. 

The substance oral turinobol has never been tested in research except one study where a guy tested it on himself, and that's what they are basing this long term/short term metabolite stuff on. Which is meaningless as one single study of one single person testing himself is about as inaccurate and shoddy as a study can get. 

The most likely answer is he keeps microdosing oral turinabol knowing now that he's been given a green light to fight anyway and most likely will continue to do so. 

Back to the fighting this card really does look damn interesting. This may be the most intriguing prelims lineup I can remember. Getting to see that explosively athletic Brazilian fruitcake with the fake name Johnny Walker step up in competition and see the next step for Zabit on the prelims? Then Askren getting his first UFC test combined with Woodley vs Usman? That's solid. Won't be able to watch live but looking forward to catching it Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

So... Why is Jones the only person having this issue? Other fighters test positive and come back and don't keep testing hot over and over. Frank Mir had the same thing happen with the same substance near the end of his career and was told it was impossible it was from a previous infraction over a year prior. Yet that's the exact excuse they're making for Jones for a test that is now on the cusp of 24 months ago. 

The substance oral turinobol has never been tested in research except one study where a guy tested it on himself, and that's what they are basing this long term/short term metabolite stuff on. Which is meaningless as one single study of one single person testing himself is about as inaccurate and shoddy as a study can get. 

The most likely answer is he keeps microdosing oral turinabol knowing now that he's been given a green light to fight anyway and most likely will continue to do so. 

My answer? I have no clue, I'm not a scientist or do i study the testing process. I just find it hard to believe that someone who has been given chances over and over again keeps doing the same thing again and again just to get caught every time. Everyone's body processes stuff differently, but i have no idea if this an excuse for him or not.

But a picogram is TINY. Think i heard something like 1 million picograms is equal to a grain of sand. Something crazy like that. 

10 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

If he kept microdosing that it'd be worse for him. That shit suppresses natural testosterone. There would be zero benefit and the danger that it would suppress natural production

18 hours ago, BERT said:

My answer? I have no clue, I'm not a scientist or do i study the testing process. I just find it hard to believe that someone who has been given chances over and over again keeps doing the same thing again and again just to get caught every time. Everyone's body processes stuff differently, but i have no idea if this an excuse for him or not.

But a picogram is TINY. Think i heard something like 1 million picograms is equal to a grain of sand. Something crazy like that. 

Then why the fuck does it matter how small a unit a picogram is?  Would you inject arsenic/polonium into your body at the same concentration he tested for?  TINY, right?

As to JJ not wrecking second chances... like him getting busted for DUI and never repeating that mistake again....right?

The guy is a proven sociopath and his personal timeline is just a non-stop record of fuck-ups and it is seriously stupefying how naive people are to continue to maintain his innocence

Edited by 52-80

47 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Pretty amped about tonight's card.

I see a big upset coming tonight.

Yall can decide which one, but lets just say #AndNew

i think youre thinking maybe usman.  hes a big dude.  im rooting for twood.  munhoz.  askren.  stephens over zabit.  sanchez gall might be fun

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Then why the fuck does it matter how small a unit a picogram is?  Would you inject arsenic/polonium into your body at the same concentration he tested for?  TINY, right?

As to JJ not wrecking second chances... like him getting busted for DUI and never repeating that mistake again....right?

The guy is a proven sociopath and his personal timeline is just a non-stop record of fuck-ups and it is seriously stupefying how naive people are to continue to maintain his innocence

Who’s being naive? I’m just playing the other side and not taking it personal like others on here. He is a fuckup but even fuckups turn it around sometimes. Has he? Guess we’ll find out eventually. I like watching the guy fight so I hope he has/does. 

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

Pretty amped about tonight's card.

I see a big upset coming tonight.

Yall can decide which one, but lets just say #AndNew

I like Jones but I will find it funny as fuck if Smith knocks him out tonight