2019 UFC/MMA thread

spystud13

“Pettis did what Woodley couldn’t do twice”

-Dana-

man, I realize Tyron Woodley did himself no favors, but he might as well go to bellator. I feel like there’s nothing he’ll ever be able to do to earn another title shot in Dana’s eyes. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Or just get divorced. Problem solved.

She might be the only person keeping him alive at this point.

On Feb. 5, Cristina Ferguson claimed her husband had stayed up all night and woke them up them to demand they leave because the lunar eclipse would cause a flood. He’d purchased a life raft and drove them 111 miles from their home to Palm Desert, Calif. In the midst of the episode, he agreed to medical treatment, but later refused.

On Feb. 12, Cristina Ferguson alleged Tony had a “psychotic break” and screamed at her, believing her to be someone else. She woke up later to Tony standing overhead and accusing her of being a witch.

“(Ferguson’s) erratic behavior is getting worse and more frightening,” she stated in the restraining order, according to the TMZ.com report. “I am afraid that during one of (his) episodes (he) will kill me, our son and/or himself.”

On Feb. 16, Tony Ferguson allegedly believed there were cameras in the refrigerator and ceiling fan. He also cut the wires to the HVAC unit because he believed a tracking device was inside, tore the vanity mirror off the wall because he believed something was behind it, and took his son’s food away, believing it poisoned. As MMA Junkie earlier reported, she told police he kept throwing “holy water” at her and refused to go to a hospital for an evaluation.

As MMA Junkie previously reported, On Feb. 19, an police unidentified female stated Tony Ferguson had “not slept for three days and was tearing apart the home” and “broke apart the fire place and believed someone placed a (computer) chip in his leg.” Cristina Ferguson’s declaration, obtained by MMAFighting.com, claims Ferguson tore up the fire place because he thought there was a hidden doorway under it.

The March 7 incident was the third time police had been called to the Ferguson residence in two months and the fifth time in the past 14 months. None of the visits resulted in arrest or any crime charged.

On March 5, Cristina Ferguson said she tried to take her husband to Keck Medical Center at USC, but he fled the car as they hit traffic, crossing the freeway and jumping over a fence, per the MMAFighting.com report. He later reappeared at home.

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/03/tony-ferguson-ordered-to-stay-away-from-wife-son-ufc-restraining-order-mma-domestic-violence

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones will make his next title defense against Thiago Santos at UFC 239 on July 6 in Las Vegas, UFC president Dana White told ESPN.

The 205-pound bout will headline the pay-per-view event, which will take place at T-Mobile Arena. Additional sources confirmed that bout agreements have not been signed, but all parties have verbally agreed to the fight.

Additionally, dual-division champion Amanda Nunes will defend her 135-pound bantamweight title against Holly Holm in the co-main event of UFC 239. Verbal agreements are in place for that fight as well, sources said.

Wish Holm/Nunes was at 145. 

Decent free card tomorrow on ESPN starting at 4. 

http://www.espn.com/mma/fightcenter?id=401098402

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

That fight was so boring all the way up until that point. Crazy sport 

It is , remember how everyone said Gaethje would never last at this level, myself included, with that slugger mentality, dude is tougher than a jackhammer. 

“To all my fans, I wanted to be the first one to let you know that USADA and the NYSAC have informed me of an adverse finding in a test taken from my last fight. While words can’t even begin to express how disappointed I am at this time, please know that I’m working with my team to understand what has occurred and how to resolve this situation as quickly as possible."

Popped for blood doping. What a jerkoff.

"I'm quite familiar with EPO from my days investigating professional cycling teams," UFC vice president of athlete health and performance Jeff Novitzky told ESPN. "It's a very effective substance. It's not a substance you find in contaminated supplements; it's injectable only. You have to know what you're doing when it enters your system.

"On a scale of seriousness in anti-doping, it's up near the top."

In a sport full of idiots, TJ may have taken the lead. What a goddamn fool.