Vince Young Perpetual Appreciation Thread

Mole

Article form

“We interviewed Mack Brown last week on our FOX show and I spoke about that story with Mack Brown,” Bush said. “Mack Brown validated it. I didn’t know he knew about it. But Mack Brown said that Vince came to him and told him that they had basically offered him the Heisman Trophy and he was going to turn it down. Mack Brown supported him.

“Vince and Texas, they just beat us in the national championship. He had every right to be like, ‘Why not? I just beat them. I just beat USC. I just beat Matt Leinart. I just beat Reggie Bush who won the Heisman Trophy. This is my time. This is my time to take what’s mine and what’s rightfully mine.’ And that’s why I appreciate Vince because even in that moment and even in that time, he wasn’t a sucker. Period. He didn’t go for whatever they were trying to bring his way, and I appreciate him for that because that’s real. That’s real love. I think that’s so powerful when I think about it. Sometimes I get chills down my back because he had every right, every right to say, ‘Yeah, give me that Heisman.’ And he didn’t. So Vince showed me the kind of love that even some of the people closest to me didn’t show.”

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/reggie-bush-vince-young-turned-down-2005-heisman-trophy/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

On 1/7/2019 at 9:51 PM, HundredWaters said:

Sad this isn't the NFL HOF, but even with fuckhead Fisher, the guy was a NFL bust whose ignorance ultimately killed him  

You've been hating on Vince for more a decade.

So he fucked your mother a bunch of times. Who hasn't? Get over it, shithead.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/18/2019 at 3:41 AM, Hook1997 said:

Well While maybe not being bright he actually has a restaurant He gets licensing off of and and real estate company with his name on it and he’s also listed as a VP of something of B2Z engineering and more total add money in his career then JM.    So I’d say less of a screw up then Johnny you aggie loving cunt!  Sincerely Phelm

Sounds like a cartel front man.

J/k Glad to see Vince is making sound business decisions and not just relying on being  a VY.

• Hook 'Em 1

1. fuck ketch

2. Welcome home, Vince

3. great comment on this from u/cam4mav at r/LonghornNation:

VY: Hey Sark you need anything I'm gonna run out to the store?

Sark: Yeah maybe, where you going?

VY: The one at 4th and 5; I'm running for the corner

• Hook 'Em 6

On 12/18/2019 at 3:41 AM, Hook1997 said:

Well While maybe not being bright he actually has a restaurant He gets licensing off of and and real estate company with his name on it and he’s also listed as a VP of something of B2Z engineering and more total add money in his career then JM.    So I’d say less of a screw up then Johnny you aggie loving cunt!  Sincerely Phelm

*aggy

• Haha 1

Parents of recruits all over the country and especially in California and Texas remember 4 and 5.  When Covid restrictions are lifted, I hope Vince does a lot of glad handing, baby kissing and photo posing with recruits and their families, then he can send them over to the steakhouse for a free meal.  That alone will be worth whatever we are paying him.  

Edited by lemonandaturd

On 12/17/2019 at 9:54 PM, cabowabo said:

Johnny Manziel won a Heisman and has a sweet job selling insurance.  Vince Young did not win the Heisman and is unemployed, save for a few dates selling his autograph at places like bingo halls in the RGV.   Dude is a retard. 

Johnny Manziel is a fucking loser aggy and always will be. Johnny Manziel knows as much about insurance as his teacher, monkey Gia.  Aggy has not even acknowledged his sorry ass since he threw four interceptions in the first half against some scrub team in the CFL.  UT has given VY many opportunities and hopefully this will be successful.  Manziel hates aggy and was begging to GTFO of that shithole as soon as he could.  You are a real bold aggy turd.  

1 minute ago, lemonandaturd said:

Johnny Manziel is a fucking loser aggy and always will be. Johnny Manziel knows as much about insurance as his teacher, monkey Gia.  Aggy has not even acknowledged his sorry ass since he threw four interceptions in the first half against some scrub team in the CFL.  UT has given VY many opportunities and hopefully this will be successful.  Manziel hates aggy and was begging to GTFO of that shithole as soon as he could.  You are a real bold aggy turd.  

@cabowabo... with a name like that, you'd think he's the sort of person who thought Sammy was better than Dave. His opinion's already suspect.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/17/2019 at 9:54 PM, cabowabo said:

Johnny Manziel won a Heisman and has a sweet job selling insurance.  Vince Young did not win the Heisman and is unemployed, save for a few dates selling his autograph at places like bingo halls in the RGV.   Dude is a retard. 

What world do you live in where selling insurance is considered "sweet"?  

Welcome back to Austin, Vince!  

On 2/2/2021 at 7:44 AM, Lobo said:

What world do you live in where selling insurance is considered "sweet"?  

Welcome back to Austin, Vince!  

I mean Aaron Rogers, Patrick Mahomes and Drake are all selling insurance now, so that puts Johnny Football in some elite company.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, jinx said:

I mean Aaron Rogers, Patrick Mahomes and Drake are all selling insurance now, so that puts Johnny Football in some elite company.

Not to mention, Ned Ryerson...who as I understand it played a little ball at Slippery Rock in PA.  

• blacklab changed the title to Vince Young Perpetual Appreciation Thread