Vince Young Perpetual Appreciation Thread

Mole

14 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Fuck that fucking fraud Jeff Fisher right in his unemployed smug ugly face.

Nothing NFL related has made me happier over the past few years than seeing him get fired, the national media finally acknowledging that he's been a below average coach, and his ex team thriving under a new coach. 

LA should thank him for driving the Rams out of St Louis though.

On 3/25/2018 at 1:30 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

I know Vince was his own worst enemy, but the more one learns about Fischer, the more one realizes it wasn't all on Vince.

I think that was a huge part of their rift.  VY surfaced rather glaringly that Fishur was just a journeyman coach at best.

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Good for him......

Since 1997, Ballet Austin has honored celebrities, community leaders, and local VIPs by casting them in this colorful role. Past Mother Gingers have included...

Ann Richards, former Governor of Texas
Bill Powers, President of the University of Texas at Austin
Hon. Lee Leffingwell, Mayor of Austin
Robert Rodriguez, film director, and screenwriter
Michael Dell, Chairman of Dell Computers
Jenna Bush Hager, NBC Today Show correspondent and former "first daughter"
Kinky Friedman, singer/songwriter, novelist, humorist
Morgan Wade, two-time X Games gold medalist

Tomorrow is the Police Chief.... and in two weeks:

SATURDAY, DEC. 22, at 2 p.m.
Greg Fenves            

President
University of Texas at Austin

• Like 2

On 12/8/2018 at 12:07 AM, runthebone said:

Last time I saw VY with white gloves on was Disneyland...

Yea, I thought the same thing. Fun then, funny now. Vince likes to have a good time and the Nutcracker role honors him and helps focus attention on the ballet. Win win.

Except for serious fucking sports fans contemplating this in their manly man caves.

• Like 1

Some people have so much talent at their chosen profession that the establishment can't even accept them for it. VY was one of them.

He is the reason why I don't follow the NFL anymore and will never take it seriously as an organization. At least not until a complete overhaul of ownership happens, and that won't be any time in the foreseeable future.

Fisher was one huge nail in the coffin in what amounts to the murder of a great player's pro career, but all of you who doubted and who sided with the NFL over Vince are also to blame. We witnessed the deliberate destruction of what should've been a great pro career to go along with a college career for the history books and many of you stood complacent right up to the point Fisher brought a pro Rams team back to his Southern Cal homeland and was exposed as an utter fraud of 20 years.

Edited by Cameltoe
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Cameltoe said:

Some people have so much talent at their chosen profession that the establishment can't even accept them for it. VY was one of them.

He is the reason why I don't follow the NFL anymore and will never take it seriously as an organization. At least not until a complete overhaul of ownership happens, and that won't be any time in the foreseeable future.

Fisher was one huge nail in the coffin in what amounts to the murder of a great player's pro career, but all of you who doubted and who sided with the NFL over Vince are also to blame. We witnessed the deliberate destruction of what should've been a great pro career to go along with a college career for the history books and many of you stood complacent right up to the point Fisher brought a pro Rams team back to his Southern Cal homeland and was exposed as an utter fraud of 20 years.

Absolutely. All of this. Those people know who they are.

Count me also in the camp that can't take the NFL seriously now. I have no need for a league that had no room for Vince Young. If NFL owners were at all serious about winning, VY would have had a long career. We were told QBs couldn't run on NFL defenses, even QBs like VY. We were told VY couldn't throw. Then we watched as VY was able to run, throw, be explosive, and win at a very high clip in an offense that was basically designed to discourage him from doing any of those successfully. 

Now we see QBs with a fraction of VY's abilities doing every weekend what he brought to the league back in '06 ... and of course the league and the tv networks put them up on a pedestal. If VY had gone in 2006 to a team that had an OC/HC with half a clue about what they could have done with VY, he'd have rewritten the record books.

• Like 1

Kinda surprised he wasn't already

Thirteen years after delivering one of the greatest individual game performances in college football history, Vince Young is now a Hall of Famer.

The Texas quarterback great headlines a star-studded 2019 College Football Hall of Fame class that also features former Notre Dame returner and receiver Raghib "Rocket" Ismail and Ole Miss linebacker Patrick Willis, who both will participate in the coin toss in Monday night's College Football Playoff National Championship between Alabama and Clemson

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25704414/vince-young-raghib-rocket-ismail-patrick-willis-headline-2019-college-football-hall-fame-class

VY aside, Ismail not being in there yet is just amazing.  He’s 50 and for the whole time I was in college he was the face of those ND teams that won a NC in 1988 (with Tim Brown) and should have in 1990. I remember that clipping call on his Orange Bowl TD being played on Sportscenter 10,000 times.  

Edited by Liquor and Poker
  • Hook 'Em 1

• blacklab changed the title to Vince Young Perpetual Appreciation Thread