2019 CFP National Championship - Clemson vs. Alabama

satyanash

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2019/01/espns-fifth-college-football-playoff-national-championship-megacast-to-feature-multiple-new-presentations-highlighting-the-networks-best-innovation-and-technology/

ESPN’s fifth College Football Playoff National Championship MegaCast will debut multiple new presentations complementing reoccurring viewing options, highlighting the best of the network’s innovation and technology as the critically acclaimed production offers 17 ways to watch No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 2 Clemson from Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., on Monday, Jan. 7, at 8 p.m. ET.

ESPN will carry the traditional telecast with Monday Night Football Film Room, Field Pass, Goodyear BlimpCast, and TechCast headlining the new offerings, with Command Center, Sounds of the Game, DataCenter, SkyCam, and Hometown Radio among the presentations returning this year. Overall, the 17 presentations will be available across ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, ESPN Classic, SEC Network, ESPN Deportes, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN3, ESPN Radio and ESPN Deportes Radio. All presentations are available on ESPN App.

For those interested in the different options for broadcast:

Command Center (ESPNU): A split-screen with simultaneous multiple camera views, which could include the main ESPN camera angle, the SkyCam, High SkyCam, and All-22 among others, and isolated camera feeds of both Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney and Alabama head coach Nick Saban. Enhanced statistics and real time drive charts supplement the game action. The traditional telecast's call of the game will be part of the presentation.

Sounds of the Game (ESPN Classic): Fans can enjoy the natural sounds of Levi's Stadium as if they were sitting inside. Fans will watch the ESPN traditional game telecast, sans commentators, and hear the complete pre-game on-field festivities, including band performances, the public address announcer and referee calls. The presentation's audio will be amplified with dozens of microphones positioned throughout the stadium. Both school's halftime band performances will also be featured.

DataCenter (ESPN3): On-screen graphic content ranging from analytics, real time drive charts, win probability updates, curated social media reaction and more. ESPN Radio's call will be part of the presentation.

SkyCam (ESPN3): A continuous feed of the camera that maneuvers above the field of play and often provides a behind-the-offense look at game action.

High SkyCam (ESPN3): Similar to the SkyCam, but several feet higher, offering an alternate view well above the action

All-22 (ESPN3): Watch the game the same way players and coaches study film, with a vantage point high above the field of play. The angle allows for the 22 players on the field to be seen at all times providing the ability to distinguish how plays develop.

Hometown Radio (ESPN3): A partnership with Learfield (Alabama) and JMI Sports (Clemson) pairs the ESPN telecast with the hometown radio call of the two teams. Broadcasters:

Alabama: Eli Gold, John Parker Wilson, Rashad Johnson and Chris Stewart

Clemson: Don Munson, Rodney Williams, Reggie Merriweather and Tim Bourret

1 hour ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

I'll watch in hopes of seeing two very good college teams play a closely matched game, my last chance to do so before the long, dark offseason. But if Alabama goes up more than two scores I'll probably tune out. 

Tap the brakes on that. Bama led Clemson 14-0 in the second quarter two years ago in Tampa before, well, you know ...

• Like 2

Texas not being terrible this year has renewed my interest in CFB in general. I’ve probably watched more non-Texas games this year than the past three combined.

I think all the various different broadcasts are great, but they really dropped the ball by not doing the coaches’ room.

46 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

What's the over/under on the number of times that variations of "process" and "do your job" will be uttered?

ESPN: begins interview

Bill: Saban's a decent coach. That's all I have to say.

ESPN: ends interview, broadcasts two hours of commercials

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

For those interested in the different options for broadcast:

Command Center (ESPNU): A split-screen with simultaneous multiple camera views, which could include the main ESPN camera angle, the SkyCam, High SkyCam, and All-22 among others, and isolated camera feeds of both Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney and Alabama head coach Nick Saban. Enhanced statistics and real time drive charts supplement the game action. The traditional telecast's call of the game will be part of the presentation.

Sounds of the Game (ESPN Classic): Fans can enjoy the natural sounds of Levi's Stadium as if they were sitting inside. Fans will watch the ESPN traditional game telecast, sans commentators, and hear the complete pre-game on-field festivities, including band performances, the public address announcer and referee calls. The presentation's audio will be amplified with dozens of microphones positioned throughout the stadium. Both school's halftime band performances will also be featured.

DataCenter (ESPN3): On-screen graphic content ranging from analytics, real time drive charts, win probability updates, curated social media reaction and more. ESPN Radio's call will be part of the presentation.

SkyCam (ESPN3): A continuous feed of the camera that maneuvers above the field of play and often provides a behind-the-offense look at game action.

High SkyCam (ESPN3): Similar to the SkyCam, but several feet higher, offering an alternate view well above the action

All-22 (ESPN3): Watch the game the same way players and coaches study film, with a vantage point high above the field of play. The angle allows for the 22 players on the field to be seen at all times providing the ability to distinguish how plays develop.

Hometown Radio (ESPN3): A partnership with Learfield (Alabama) and JMI Sports (Clemson) pairs the ESPN telecast with the hometown radio call of the two teams. Broadcasters:

Alabama: Eli Gold, John Parker Wilson, Rashad Johnson and Chris Stewart

Clemson: Don Munson, Rodney Williams, Reggie Merriweather and Tim Bourret

MNF Film Room Replacing the Coaches Film Room broadcast.  Very disappointing: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1/3/18166653/national-championship-coaches-film-room-monday-night-football

3 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Haven’t cared this little about the title game in my life

Last year's I didn't even watch. First time ever for me. But I agree with your sentiment. This is now the Cavs/Warriors of the NBA. Is is the 2 best teams? Sure. Is it really that compelling? No.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

I'll watch in hopes of seeing two very good college teams play a closely matched game, my last chance to do so before the long, dark offseason. But if Alabama goes up more than two scores I'll probably tune out. 

Pretry much this. Football is football, and Dabo is likeable enough.

40 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Last year's I didn't even watch. First time ever for me. But I agree with your sentiment. This is now the Cavs/Warriors of the NBA. Is is the 2 best teams? Sure. Is it really that compelling? No.

Cavs-Warriors is much slimier IMO. Durant fucked the whole league up by joining forces with the Warriors. LeBron started it with his "taking my talents to South Beach" nonsense. The NBA is not very interesting when the top 10 players decide to get together to form super teams. Bama is essentially a super team and Clemson is the upstart. Of course I have a true rooting interest in that my wife is a Clemson graduate and die-hard fan but I don't see how true CFB fans would purposely choose to not watch tonight's game, especially when it's the last one until late August.

54 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Cavs-Warriors is much slimier IMO. Durant fucked the whole league up by joining forces with the Warriors. LeBron started it with his "taking my talents to South Beach" nonsense. The NBA is not very interesting when the top 10 players decide to get together to form super teams. Bama is essentially a super team and Clemson is the upstart. Of course I have a true rooting interest in that my wife is a Clemson graduate and die-hard fan but I don't see how true CFB fans would purposely choose to not watch tonight's game, especially when it's the last one until late August.

There's never really been much parity in the NBA. Different animal imo