2019 CFP National Championship - Clemson vs. Alabama

satyanash

On 1/8/2019 at 6:07 PM, Fozzz said:

This is interesting - looks like Clemson may have cluster lucked their way into a blowout.  I wonder when people are going to begin talking about successful play sequencing in football like hit clustering is talked about in baseball.  Maybe in ten years?

DwbK_QKVsAA_fPK.jpg:large

Is this why people say "stats are for losers"?

Pretty interesting though. Good situational play calling?

I mean that’s is as old as football. Win 3rd down consistently on both sides of the ball, and you probably win the game.

It’s not called the money down for nothing.

3rd down offense/defense and turnovers, those win/lose you games as much or more than anything else.

On 1/8/2019 at 6:07 PM, Fozzz said:

This is interesting - looks like Clemson may have cluster lucked their way into a blowout.  I wonder when people are going to begin talking about successful play sequencing in football like hit clustering is talked about in baseball.  Maybe in ten years?

DwbK_QKVsAA_fPK.jpg:large

tells me that Venables figured out each Bama possession philosophy after the first 2 plays.

tells me that Clemson OC figured out Bama's defense after the first 2 plays and superhuman Lawrence/Ross were able to fuck up the Tide when it counted for big plays. 

8 hours ago, NowThis said:

tells me that Venables figured out each Bama possession philosophy after the first 2 plays.

tells me that Clemson OC figured out Bama's defense after the first 2 plays and superhuman Lawrence/Ross were able to fuck up the Tide when it counted for big plays. 

In a nutshell.

Plus they kept their defensive intensity levels with the lead.  A change I would like to see next year for UT.

I read all 56 pages of this.  It made me feel cheap, dirty, and guilty, but I couldn't stop reading.  I couldn't get read fast enough to get to the good parts, even though I know I knew my pleasure was based on the immense suffering of others.  I don't know if this is the closest I ever get to watching a snuff film, or if this crosses the line far beyond it.

The only thing missing was Dabo Swinney luring Saban and Tua into an ominous van, telling them both that he was going to take them to the stadium to see a puppy and give them a national champion trophy...and Saban would have Swiss Miss pigtails and wearing a pleated plaid skirt, like the ones Japanese school girls wear.

I'll go register at the police station now...

7 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Who the fuck cares? Clemson had their team prepared to face both.

1 minute ago, Jkwellborn said:

Trying to pump that sec narrative any way they can.

Right on.  Bama had exactly the same amount of time to prepare.  Clemson did a better job of game planning and resource allocation regardless of the details.  And they did it despite a tougher matchup in the CFP semis.