Adam Sandler sings about Chris Farley

Parliament

CSB:  During my senior year at Texas (1996), I saw Adam Sandler at Bass Concert Hall.  Our tickets were second row right in the middle.  He did some funny comedy bits and played several of his songs from SNL, getting the whole crowd to sing along with Red Hooded Sweatshirt.  That experience, along with his earlier films before he started doing more paycheck movies, is why he's always endearing to me.

38 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I wish Adam Sandler's career was still alive. He was on quite a trajectory until Big Daddy or so.

I agree his career has taken a shit.   But Big Daddy was released in 1999,  I would argue you need to move back your trajectory to 2004 or so.

Anger Management came out in 2003, and 50 first dates came out in 2004.

and 50 first dates is actually pretty damn good.

I agree his career has taken a shit.   But Big Daddy was released in 1999,  I would argue you need to move back your trajectory to 2004 or so.
Anger Management came out in 2003, and 50 first dates came out in 2004.
and 50 first dates is actually pretty damn good.
I thought Bedtime Stories was funny. And you get to look at Keri Russel the entire movie as well.

/csb on that tour in 1996 my friends and my brother caught the show in the woodlands and, afterward, on the walk to the parking lot, got in a fight with some group of dudes and took some serious ass kickings.  I was in France that summer so all I can say when they talk about their group  asswhipping at the Adam Sandler show is ...

cool story, bro.

• 1 year later...