Running / Triathlon Thread

UrbanAchiever

23 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

Lack of updates tells me I ain’t the only one being a lazy fuck during all of this.  

I've actually started running during all of this.  Haven't ran in 10 years and am out of shape.  I'm about a week in.  Have been running 3 days off 1.  1 mile each day.  Today was the first day I stretched that to 1.25 miles.  Trying not to overdo it and hurt myself.  Fastest mile time was yesterday at 9 minutes and 20 seconds. 

I was thinking about signing up for a virtual 5k on April 25th to give me something to work for but I'm not sure I could go that far by then.  I know it all pales in comparison to what you guys train for but it's a start for me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, txhorns said:

I've actually started running during all of this.  Haven't ran in 10 years and am out of shape.  I'm about a week in.  Have been running 3 days off 1.  1 mile each day.  Today was the first day I stretched that to 1.25 miles.  Trying not to overdo it and hurt myself.  Fastest mile time was yesterday at 9 minutes and 20 seconds. 

I was thinking about signing up for a virtual 5k on April 25th to give me something to work for but I'm not sure I could go that far by then.  I know it all pales in comparison to what you guys train for but it's a start for me.

You have to start somewhere. I respect anyone who is out there doing their thing. 

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I thought working from home would allow me to run more often. I was mistaken. 

Drinking has increased though 

I’ve been running 5 days a week but I have been running with a neighbor who is really slow but got me into running. So normally I run 3 miles with him at 10 minute miles and then try to do 3 more at my normal pace of 6:55 but it’s been a battle doing 7:10 miles. 

I have put on 5 pounds and been hitting the sauce regularly too right now. 

14 hours ago, txhorns said:

gotta start somewhere.  congrats!

i was training for a marathon when the COVID hit, and my marathon got cancelled.  last long run i did was 18 miles.  i was feeling beat up already.  sciatic issues, glute pain, Baker's cyst on my right knee, calf pain the forced me to wear a compression sleeve for the first time.  i'm using this time to work on strengthening problem areas.  not much running.

Edited by Jive Turkey

I'm actually running almost every day and losing weight even with significantly increased drinking.  Been skipping breakfast and sometimes lunch, so that coupled with the stress of both of us working from home with 2 kids and not sleeping much...

I'm trying to keep the volume down otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd develop an overuse injury.

I've been training 2 sometimes 3 times a day lol,  this has put me far ahead in my planning.  IMNortCarolina70.3 is still on so far for October so Im still shooting for that.   Running in morning, and zwift during the afternoon,  did do my first out door bike yesterday with my new Assimo power meter pedals  love them.   Also found a Bay in Longbeach still open to swimming,  have to dress in your truck, get in water and swim and leave no standing around, so this week i did my first 1.2 mile swim in a month it was awful hahaha.  

but yeah this must be what its like to be a pro just train and email all day

I'm training not as much as I would like, since the kids are home now.  I still get in 12+ hours per week.  Last couple of days have been hard due to lack of sleep.  I let the family talk me into a puppy, FML.  I have a 10 yr old dog that just walks around and does nothing.  Now for the next 5-6 years I have to worry what the hell is this dog going to destroy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Oceans are finally open. First open ocean swim today in 3-5 ft surf. It was fun working on getting out and so much more of a workout than swimming in the protected bay 

Nice. Go get it!

I’ve had exactly 1 swim since mid-March.
Pools closed and I can’t bring myself to drive all the way to Conroe to swim with a small group of OpenWater/Tri folks. May try and make a drive down to Surfside next couple weekends just to get something in.
  • Like 1

I've been working on a speed regimen for shorter distances since February, and I did a virtual 5K a couple weekends ago to just see where my fitness level was at. Clocked in at 17:55 which is about 90 seconds faster than my previous PR last fall.  I don't think I've registered sub 6 miles my entire life until now.

• Like 5

On 5/18/2020 at 6:31 PM, UrbanAchiever said:

I've been working on a speed regimen for shorter distances since February, and I did a virtual 5K a couple weekends ago to just see where my fitness level was at. Clocked in at 17:55 which is about 90 seconds faster than my previous PR last fall.  I don't think I've registered sub 6 miles my entire life until now.

damn.  sub-18 is bad ass.  what does your speed regimen look like?  i don't feel like long runs anymore.  i'd like to work on getting faster and burning fat.

21 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

damn.  sub-18 is bad ass.  what does your speed regimen look like?  i don't feel like long runs anymore.  i'd like to work on getting faster and burning fat.

I'll get it over to you. It was about 12 weeks of work; tend to start it late February / early March after long distance season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm up to about 25 miles per week and really need a gps watch for runs.  Holding the phone is not really practical, plus with hotter weather incoming the sweaty hands are becoming more of an issue.

Reading DC Rainmaker it seems like my options should be apple watch, FR45, or vivoactive 3 or 4.  I use runkeeper on the phone currently, but as this is for a mix of road and trail runs I am mostly looking for something with an altimeter for elevation changes.  Ability to follow way points or have maps would be cool but not necessary.  Anyone got opinions?

13 minutes ago, drt said:

So, I'm up to about 25 miles per week and really need a gps watch for runs.  Holding the phone is not really practical, plus with hotter weather incoming the sweaty hands are becoming more of an issue.

Reading DC Rainmaker it seems like my options should be apple watch, FR45, or vivoactive 3 or 4.  I use runkeeper on the phone currently, but as this is for a mix of road and trail runs I am mostly looking for something with an altimeter for elevation changes.  Ability to follow way points or have maps would be cool but not necessary.  Anyone got opinions?

I have a Fenix that I love, but it is a bit more expensive. I don't think the F45 has an altimeter, so that would leave the Vivoactive. I hate the short battery life of the Apple watch vs Garmin, so I ruled them out early. They are running some Father's day sales right now, so you can save a bit right now on some of the Garmin products. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, drt said:

I have a Garmin Vivoactive 3M and it's great.   The 3M and 4 versions both play music to Bluetooth earbuds, which for me, was a hard requirement since I don't take my phone on runs.   I've done 3-hour runs listening to music the whole time and the battery still has no problem going 2 days without a charge.   When I don't run (gps tracking & music) I can get about 4 days of battery life.  I didn't think I'd use the watch to track sleep, but it turns out for me that's critical to running better, so I do wear it all night every night.    

If you want your watch to run other general purpose app, where running is only one of it's purposes, the Apple watch is far more versatile.  But if you want it mainly for sports/running, I  strongly recommend a watch built specifically for that purpose.  I like Garmin, but there are a bunch of other good brands.

How 'perfect' do you want the altimeter?   The Vivoactive 3M does track elevation, but I've noticed that the elevation tracking is not as accurate as the distance/gps tracking, which is crazy accurate.   If I run the same 5K loop two times, the elevation change on one may say 59ft, and the next says 65ft.   For me, distance is the main thing, and elevation is a interesting but secondary metric, so I have no problem with this. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Thanks for the responses.

I don't use headphones on runs, so that's not really a concern for me.  I'm hoping to find something where I can leave the phone at home, although with young kids I'm not sure how great of an idea that actually is.  Most of my workouts are an hour or less and during naps so I'm thinking it won't be a big deal.

The battery life on the Apple definitely makes me think twice.  I do want to track sleep & 24x7 HR.

The reasoning on the altimeter is just overall accuracy of the training load.  I'm running a ton of different trail loop variations so it seems like a decent idea to track.  I'd agree that distance is waaaay more important, and it's just hills in Austin rather than mountains in CO so maybe I'm putting too much importance on that feature.

I rock my Apple Watch because it tracks my swims. My surfing and my runs. Yeah it sucks for battery life but i charge it daily. I’ve been I ran swimming a lot lately thankfully but damn i wish the pools would open so I can get back to drills.  Still shooting for IMNC in October hopefully.  Historically I’ve been a horrible runner with no mental ability to do something so long and boring but I’m up to 10 mile runs now without an issues with is essentially winning the lotto for my big ass 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2020 at 6:37 PM, txhorns said:

Right now, I am spontaneously coming full circle back to running, which I really haven't thought about advancing since before college.  For years, I've been all ski mountaineering and vertical conditioning hikes to have enough gas to reach the top and make it safely back down.  Been keeping up with it this spring (fresh air ftw) and did 5k ft of vertical twice in 3 days and a 13mi 7k ft vert climb up Mt Adams.  Climbing Adams a couple weeks ago, a friend noticed I was wearing some Hoka ATRs as approach shoes before reaching snow level for skis and he talked up trail running.  Never really took that path before.  In the last two weeks I just started running when I could, or fast walking on steeper sections of trails, just always pushing the rate.  Two running hikes in the last two weeks and it's like a running switch got flipped on in my brain.  I did a 15.5 mi out and back with a 4300 ft climb Friday with about 40-50% running.  I felt wrecked for the rest of the day but felt amazing the next day and still feeling the wave.  Now I'm doing a deep dive into the light.  Light trail running shoes, light running packs, light collapsable running poles, packable water filters on collapsable bottles.  Today I'm locked in to mapping and prepping for a 20mi rounder with 3500 ft vert later this week on a section of the Pacific Crest Trail that sidles along a side of Mt Hood.  PCT is well maintained with no technical sections, so should mean lots of track to run.  Seems totally alien to think I'll be trying to run most of 20 miles up a mountain in a few days.  Will see how it goes and figure out how to advance from it.  Salt tabs are also the last thing I expected to be thinking about.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 2:10 PM, drt said:

Thanks for the input, I just ordered a Vivoactive 3 as it is so ridiculously cheap right now and seems to check all the boxes.  I'll give it a few runs later this week to see how I like it.

So I'm about 140 miles into this and I really like it.  It has a few minor annoyances (uses phone GPS when I'm in the driveway close to the house, and tree cover really affects accuracy), and I wish I'd paid a bit more to get one of the Garmins that incorporate training status/effect but overall I'm digging not carrying the phone on runs. 

I haven't used it on as many trail runs as I'd like, as most of my runs have been after the kids hit the sack.  One day I hope to play golf again, so we'll see if I ever get to play around with that functionality.

Just found this thread.  Great to see this discussion.

For the last couple of years, I've been marathon focused.  Ran 6 from Dec. '18 through May '19, when my body had enough, and announced so through a stress fracture in left tibia.  Took two months off, was able to ease back in.   Ran a decent (for me) Houston marathon in January, and was set to try to BQ at Shamrock marathon in Va Beach in March, which was cancelled.  Because I took a separation package from work at the end of February, and absolutely no one is hiring currently, I've had the time to keep the training up through the summer. 

The last few weeks, I've backed off the mileage a little bit, and have decided to concentrate on speed a little--thinking I'll try a post-40 PR 10k in a month or two, whenever the races open back up.  The problem now, of course is HEAT.  In Texas this time of year, if you don't start your run before 6 am, you're sunk.  When that sun comes out, it sucks out the will to live.  I've been able to supplement some with a small backdoor lap pool (50'/17M).  That's been helpful to flush the lactic acid and work on breathing regularity.   

@drt, I'm glad you're happy with the vivoactive.  I've gone through a number of different Garmin GPS training watches, and last year transitioned from a Fenix 3HR to a Forerunner 945.  This is the best Garmin I've had, and both for training, and for physiological feedback (sleep metrics, HRV, etc.), it's head and shoulders over anything else out there.  It blows Apple Watch out of the water on physiological feedback stuff.  My son is using a similar Garmin for golf , and that stuff looks really, really cool.  Interesting to see if you like the golf functionality.

@UrbanAchiever, you're an animal.  I haven't run <6:00 at any length for around 30 years.  Although some of my speedwork intervals are at that pace, there is no way I could stretch it even to a 5k.  Even more impressive that you're able to do that in this heat.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Today, my first ever 20mi. trail run is in the books.  Continuous uphill 10mi and 3000ft vert, 10mi 3000ft descent.  Did it in 2:35 up and 2:32 down.  Last week had no real exercise so I ran a 7mi 600ft vert trail run yesterday to warm up.  Turns out I've got some acute ileotibial-band pain flaring on the upper outside of my knee.  After initially getting it a week ago coming off the summit of my second trail run ever, I noticed it yesterday on the 7mi again as soon as I started a descent.  But it was completely gone 2 hours after the run.  So decided to try the 20 mile today.  It got my attention again barely 2 miles into the start today and it slowed me a lot all told.  Everything else was great.  Without the knee, I could have kept going.  I'm open to some runner wisdom here on how to minimize this ITB flare.  I know I could do a far better job at routine purposeful stretching.

pic of an elbow in the PCT trail at the top of a canyon today:

Spoiler
D2B5C829-FF10-4ECC-8247-5DD30053D05E

couple other pics:

Spoiler
43123A38-D2B5-4AD9-A95B-DAD985B645E9

927BBD1B-799C-4A03-A162-BCEE5BDF79B5

F3A0BB5F-E9AD-4D8F-981C-26A2D9C9BF9C

VVV 10mi turnaround point at West rim of Zig Zag canyon.  Mt. Jefferson on the horizon beyond Ski Bowl ski resort

E77E56C4-262C-4150-8E68-E0E0F821A0D0

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 7/19/2020 at 8:03 PM, triplehorn said:

Today, my first ever 20mi. trail run is in the books.  Continuous uphill 10mi and 3000ft vert, 10mi 3000ft descent.  Did it in 2:35 up and 2:32 down.  Last week had no real exercise so I ran a 7mi 600ft vert trail run yesterday to warm up.  Turns out I've got some acute ileotibial-band pain flaring on the upper outside of my knee.  After initially getting it a week ago coming off the summit of my second trail run ever, I noticed it yesterday on the 7mi again as soon as I started a descent.  But it was completely gone 2 hours after the run.  So decided to try the 20 mile today.  It got my attention again barely 2 miles into the start today and it slowed me a lot all told.  Everything else was great.  Without the knee, I could have kept going.  I'm open to some runner wisdom here on how to minimize this ITB flare.  I know I could do a far better job at routine purposeful stretching.

pic of an elbow in the PCT trail at the top of a canyon today:

Reveal hidden contents

D2B5C829-FF10-4ECC-8247-5DD30053D05E

couple other pics:

Reveal hidden contents

43123A38-D2B5-4AD9-A95B-DAD985B645E9

927BBD1B-799C-4A03-A162-BCEE5BDF79B5

F3A0BB5F-E9AD-4D8F-981C-26A2D9C9BF9C

VVV 10mi turnaround point at West rim of Zig Zag canyon.  Mt. Jefferson on the horizon beyond Ski Bowl ski resort

E77E56C4-262C-4150-8E68-E0E0F821A0D0

I’ve had chronically bad ITB-related problems, for years and years. Two things helped, and I’m mostly trouble-free now.

First, I started doing these daily. After running on run days, and in the evenings on rest days:  https://www.runnersworld.com/health-injuries/g20853895/yoga-for-runners-0/  I also use one of the knobby foam rollers, and really concentrate on the ITB  

Second, myofascial trigger point, using an attachment on my jigsaw. Especially up along where it attaches to the hip, and then low where it goes down by the knee. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Massage-Tip-Jigsaw-Massager-Adapter-Attachment-for-Body-Painful-Muscle-Relaxation/525583790?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=18183&&adid=22222222227291057001&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=t&wl3=352785257660&wl4=pla-784326308604&wl5=9027791&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=125210735&wl11=online&wl12=525583790&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0L6tyevh6gIVAdvACh2w0whJEAQYBCABEgJbdfD_BwE

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 2:56 PM, nnm said:

I’ve had chronically bad ITB-related problems, for years and years. Two things helped, and I’m mostly trouble-free now.

First, I started doing these daily. After running on run days, and in the evenings on rest days:  https://www.runnersworld.com/health-injuries/g20853895/yoga-for-runners-0/  I also use one of the knobby foam rollers, and really concentrate on the ITB  

Second, myofascial trigger point, using an attachment on my jigsaw. Especially up along where it attaches to the hip, and then low where it goes down by the knee. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Massage-Tip-Jigsaw-Massager-Adapter-Attachment-for-Body-Painful-Muscle-Relaxation/525583790?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=18183&&adid=22222222227291057001&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=t&wl3=352785257660&wl4=pla-784326308604&wl5=9027791&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=125210735&wl11=online&wl12=525583790&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0L6tyevh6gIVAdvACh2w0whJEAQYBCABEgJbdfD_BwE

nnm - It might be a little pre-mature yet, but I may owe you a debt of gratitude.  After starting the stretching regimen (yoga-for-runners above), right away I could easily appreciate how imbalanced and limited the range is in my right hip.  It was pretty obvious both my hip flexors were tight however.  I also became aware after some reading that chronically contracted hip flexors probably have been causing my pelvis to slightly tilt forward.  It took 2-4 days of the routine but I noticed releases and lengthening starting to happen and my hip posture seemed to be loosening and shifting.  To the extent there was pelvic tilt from tight hip flexors, it probably explains general low back fatigue/soreness after long runs and climbs.  I also added a couple stretches and strengthening moves for the TFL muscle in isolation.  Forever, I have just accepted all this without much complaint until the IT band really flared when I stepped up the trail running last month.

Another thing, getting my right hip to release seemed to unmask some aches in my left knee after walking.  It's a pain I haven't felt for over a decade.  It started in the mid-90's after spraining my left knee at Taos in some crappy rental ski boots.  I think I over-compensated with my right hip for years even after that injury faded but I never evened it out.  The recent left knee ache lasted about a day and disappeared.  I saw a sports orthopedist for the left knee about 15 years ago and got confirmation of no evidence of injury or joint degeneration, so the ache the other day was likely from adjusting muscle/joint use to the shift after days of deep stretching.  I got my hip Rolfed around that same time 15 years ago and it worked great then, but I never committed to meaningful routine stretching and it came back.

After resting the last two weeks, I started with a climb yesterday without running.  Did 5 miles and prolonged steeps ~2500 ft vert up and down.  Not only was there not even a trace of familiar IT band pain in my knee, but my knees, hips, and low back felt better than I can ever remember during the exertion and after.  Again, I'm also noticing the benefits for everyday standing and walking as well.  I'm going to re-introduce running on a flat surface at my neighborhood high school track next. 

After pushing through the now obvious imbalances all these years, if this benefit holds, it's kind not exaggerating to call it life changing.  So Thank You for responding above!

• Like 1

I attempted to ride up Mt Evans, CO, highest paved road in North America.  Starting in Idaho Springs it is 27 miles to the top.  I got to mile 13 at Echo Lake and was meeting my FIL to refill my water bottles and my adductor muscles (or that is what muscles I think) locked up on me.  They run from the rear about halfway to the knee on the back of the thigh, towards the inside.  When I stepped off the bike I couldn’t move both legs.  I was in terrible pain.  I almost fell off the bike just trying to lift my leg over it.  My day was done, I was gutted.  My guess is those muscles are used a lot in climbing (I have no idea though) but I went up all 13 miles, from 7500 ft to 10.4K ft.  I wasn’t breathing hard, thought I was going at a nice comfortable pace.  I figured I needed to save as much energy as possible for the next 14 miles.  I’m still sore, hurts to squat, walk up stairs, etc.  I need to figure out how to strengthen those muscles, because I want to go back.  The weather was perfect too a little breeze, 55F and sunny.

IMG_1605.JPG

IMG_2770.JPG

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

@Llano Estacado, Nothing formal scheduled. I’ll be surprised if we even get to do a turkey trot, for goodness sake. I did the silly virtual run thing with the Houston Marathon org in June, in which you log your miles through the month and were eligible for trinket prizes. Big bag of blah. 

Although I’ve many, many, many races through the years, from HS track 30+ years ago, untold number of local fun runs, etc., and a bunch of marathons and tris, I still get the pre-race shot of adrenaline at the beginning of a race. The butterflies, the weak legs, the feeling of both dread and joy. They all come, in one form or another, as the group gathers for the opening shot.  It doesn’t matter if it’s the local elementary school PTA 5k—it still stirs me up. I miss it. 

[mention=111]Llano Estacado[/mention]Big bag of blah. 

I still get the pre-race shot of adrenaline at the beginning of a race...it still stirs me up. I miss it. 

announced they're going to be virtual. If this continues, I really don't want to do a virtual half-marathon. That just sounds miserable.

Same. I have opportunities to do some virtual swim logs or cumulative distance totals for worthy charities, but can’t find the motivation.

Losing a lot of training motivation / momentum I had in April, May, June.

On 8/4/2020 at 5:32 PM, Llano Estacado said:

Anyone still have any scheduled events on the books for 2020?

Was scheduled to to do a little team Tri in Louisiana in September that got scrubbed last week. Not holding my breath for an October open water swim that’s been “pending registration due to COVID...” for months now.

Been running in open track and field meets. I’ve got one today in Marble Falls actually. Super fun, and a great switch for me from the long miles. Got the quarter and 200.

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, UrbanAchiever said:

As of now, the Bryan - College Station half and full are still a go for mid-December. I know, I know, it's not an ideal location, but it might be the only opportunity to run a certified course in close proximity this marathon season. I'm registered for the half. 

I'm registered for the BCS half as well.  I can't run/workout consistently if I don't have target race.  2020 has been crushing on that front with everything being canceled. I _really_ need the BCS Half to stay on the books.

• Like 1

Ngl this thread is pretty humbling, but I've set a date and started training for a 10K. Not an official race or anything, I've just plotted a course and set a goal (45:00).

I'm using the Nike Run Club app and I gotta say, the coaching and guided runs are pretty awesome. I've never been much of a runner and they've really made me change my mindset. Never thought I'd be one of those people who looks forward to going for a run but that's absolutely how I feel these days, a couple weeks into the program.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

The 3M Half Marathon is taking registrations (Jan 17th, 2021), but I don't believe for a minute that the City of Austin will allow that happen.

Yeah, I've talked to the Decker race director, and he's offered a reasonable plan to city / county officials - no indoor use of the expo center, rolling start in waves (people stay in their cars until their wave), very limited on course hydration, etc. And they are still uncomfortable about moving forward with necessary approvals. Decker is 1/10th the size of 3M, so there's almost zero chance 3M happens.

finally got an MRI on my lumbar.  i thought it was a herniated or ruptured disc.  turns out to be mild spinal stenosis.  that's what has been causing the back pain and sciatica.  need to see a specialist about it.  it's not bad enough that i need surgery, but i will need PT to make it better.  i'm obviously gonna cut back on running for a bit.  but i still have a few more marathons i want to run in 2022 and 2023.

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

finally got an MRI on my lumbar.  i thought it was a herniated or ruptured disc.  turns out to be mild spinal stenosis.  that's what has been causing the back pain and sciatica.  need to see a specialist about it.  it's not bad enough that i need surgery, but i will need PT to make it better.  i'm obviously gonna cut back on running for a bit.  but i still have a few more marathons i want to run in 2022 and 2023.

What's on the wish list for '22 and '23? Godspeed for a quick and full recovery.

On 10/12/2020 at 12:45 PM, UrbanAchiever said:

Yeah, I've talked to the Decker race director, and he's offered a reasonable plan to city / county officials - no indoor use of the expo center, rolling start in waves (people stay in their cars until their wave), very limited on course hydration, etc. And they are still uncomfortable about moving forward with necessary approvals. Decker is 1/10th the size of 3M, so there's almost zero chance 3M happens.

I've noticed they're playing the "we're really going to happen... no, really, we are... we promise" line pretty hard lately. I just can't see it happening, though. I read some guidance for administering races in the time of covid, and there's no way you could meet those guidelines with several thousand people.

I'm one of those people who got off my fat ass during covid (and after a friend in his late 30s dropped dead during the physical act of love), did Couch to 5k during June and July, and is now running 10ks. I set my sights on 3M as a doable achievement, but I'm hesitant to register. I'm not going to do it virtual, and I'm not sure that once the world starts turning full-speed I can get back to half-marathon fitness in a year.

It does look like there are smaller, <100 person, long-distance (13.1 and 26.2) races running in nearby counties (there's one in Spicewood in about 6 weeks). There are also some good trail races running. I just may have to shoot for one of those.

• immamac changed the title to Running / Triathlon Thread