Formula 1 2019

wood

Yeah it's kind of silly. F1 is probably the least green sport in the world. The amount of equipment being shipped around to all corners of the globe, the amount of resources expended, there is just no way they're ever going to come out ahead on appearing "green"

Yeah, still has a stable with an AMG GT R, a La Ferrari or two, a 911, a Lambo, a Lambo SUV, and a Zonda (more?) that he still posts about all the time on social media. Has them trucked to his events, vacations, etc, to keep the miles low. So green. He's obviously supremely concerned about the environment and doing everything he possibly can to help it. And yeah, he got outed by the Paradise Papers & sold his pretty red tax free jet. He's still doing a shit-ton of jetting back and forth, but now he has to fly with the common folk in First Class. Poor guy. See how he's sacrificing?!

13 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

It’s not hard to understand Hamilton. Being “green” is profitable these days. It’s just icing on the cake that you don’t actually have to practice what you preach to do it. 

Nail on the head.

Lewis co-produced a James Cameron move about the evils of meat recently, and opened his own vegan restaurant that he hopes to grow into a chain. He needs to appear green, not be green.

From Autosport:

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/f1-regeln-2021-entscheidungs-prozess/

Basically strategy group and F1 commission would be gone.

FIA = 10 votes
Liberty = 10 votes
Teams = 10 votes

"Small Majority" For rule changes for the next and following season and for the current season if before april 30th = 25 votes necessary
"Big Majority" For rule changes of the current season after april 30th = 28 votes necessary

Teams now fear that there could be more mid-season rule changes and thus more costs. They also would like the Small Majority to be at 26, but Liberty/FIA doesnt want that.

source.gif?fbclid=IwAR2wVHoqEayz2sfxfLQu

51 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

That's what a city of almost 9 million will get you compared to maybe 1 million. 

21 million in the metro area. Obviously Austin isn't as big as that (2M+ in metro area), but there are more than 18 million people within a 3 hour drive of Austin. There are also 29 million in Texas, but remember, according to COTA 60% - 80% of USGP attendees come from out of state anyway (heh, ok), so the Austin/Texas market doesn't really matter that much according to them.

If it were simply a function  of population, then Austin would be doing much better than it is, Shanghai would pull half again as many as MxC, and Hockenheim & Sao Paulo would pull similar crowds to MxC. Some other GPs would do better too, in that case. However they're doing it, Mexico City is crushing it, without music acts to prop up the numbers.

Edited by wood

3 hours ago, wood said:

21 million in the metro area. Obviously Austin isn't as big as that (2M+ in metro area), but there are more than 18 million people within a 3 hour drive of Austin. There are also 29 million in Texas, but remember, according to COTA 60% - 80% of USGP attendees come from out of state anyway (heh, ok), so the Austin/Texas market doesn't really matter that much according to them.

If it were simply a function  of population, then Austin would be doing much better than it is, Shanghai would pull half again as many as MxC, and Hockenheim & Sao Paulo would pull similar crowds to MxC. Some other GPs would do better too, in that case. However they're doing it, Mexico City is crushing it, without music acts to prop up the numbers.

F-1 should embrace it and add some flair to the cars. 

some dash carpet, illegal leopard seat covers and a Jesus candle. 

• Like 1

Yeah this is the third or fourth race this year where Hamilton has questioned strategy for dozens of laps, we hear "This is James, you can win still" and he goes on to win.
You would think after six titles that he would start to trust them. 
He's just baiting Ferrari.

7 hours ago, Updawg said:

Yeah. Free. Not sure what seats yet. A friend's client gave them. I always wait until last minute to see if something comes through. I prefer to do GA and roam around

Is tavo still associated with the Mexico gp?

Nice! Yeah I'm waiting for free ones or a very good deal. Otherwise, I'm out. I might just do Friday. Not gonna spend a lot. I remember seeing Tavo on the grid there (last year?). I guess he's still associated some way.

7 hours ago, blacklab said:

Getting tickets from my neighbor who is a big wig out at the track. 

She was over a few months ago for dinner and I mentioned something about missing the $25 million and she was not amused.

Yeah it's good to have track contacts! I'm waiting on a guy out there ... see what he has for us.

5 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

GA for Sunday going for $135 on website. 

im sure that’s normal (and including a concert) but low attendance isn’t difficult to imagine at this price point for a niche sport (in America)

Price is a problem, but then Mexico was even more expensive, and they only sell 3-day tickets now. 

Getting my schedules and all printed out (for a guy that works in technology, I don't trust it).
Definitely taking 2 chairs this year: 1 to leave at the RV site and 1 to leave at the viewing platform so I don't have to carry back and forth.
Always a concern if I'm going to get gifted parking, so going back through my links.

Danny And Carmen's Parking

I parked at D&C for Indy. Right on Elroy road, maybe a 100 yards to the back of Lot T. Was a great location, easy in and out, had no complaints. $20 for Friday or Saturday, $30 for Sunday. $61 for all weekend. They say they are getting low on spots for Sunday, not sure how true that is, but that Fri and Sat have lots available.

Joe O's parking  Right by D&C, $30/day for this weekend. $90 for Friday-Sunday.

Edited by relapse98
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Getting my schedules and all printed out (for a guy that works in technology, I don't trust it).
Definitely taking 2 chairs this year: 1 to leave at the RV site and 1 to leave at the viewing platform so I don't have to carry back and forth.
Always a concern if I'm going to get gifted parking, so going back through my links.

Danny And Carmen's Parking

I parked at D&C for Indy. Right on Elroy road, maybe a 100 yards to the back of Lot T. Was a great location, easy in and out, had no complaints. $20 for Friday or Saturday, $30 for Sunday. $61 for all weekend. They say they are getting low on spots for Sunday, not sure how true that is, but that Fri and Sat have lots available.

Joe O's parking  Right by D&C, $30/day for this weekend. $90 for Friday-Sunday.

Carmen is a very sweet lady.