Formula 1 2019

wood

On 11/17/2019 at 9:09 AM, MC Fresh Breath said:

Also, as a newbie, I've taken to enjoying watching FP1/2/3 mainly because Crofty and company seem much looser/rowdier during some of the early practices.  They crack me up.

Yeah I enjoy their silliness on Fri & Sat. I know Crofty goofs up a fair bit, but I don't get the hate so many have for him. I think he does a good job as the ringleader. That bunch, even with Karun, is miles ahead of the NBC crew. Natalie has been MIA a lot lately though. Do miss her & her legs.

• Like 1

These days Max is no more 'dangerous' than most or all of the grid. That talk is way overblown. He's certainly not a guy who's gonna blink when someone is trying to intimidate him or get him to back down though. He's improved massively at just taking what's there and bringing the car home, which is what's going to make him so tough. There are guys on the current grid who've hardly improved at all in that regard over several years and can only dream of being as quick.

Edited by wood

Yeah he was never quite Maldonado or Grosjean levels of danger and crashing. 

Or you can take the way back machine to the era of Andrea De Cesaris who has the most DNFs in history and once had 18 straight DNFs. 

His team even withdrew him from a race before it began because they were sure he would crash and it was getting too expensive to keep repairing the car. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

They did great following the midfield for most of the race and then cut the last lap where the two Rennos, a Ferrari, Redbull, Racing point and McLaren all swapping spots. 

Fuckers

Yeah it was turrible. Who really cared if Bottas caught the Ferrari?

3 hours ago, wood said:

It's funny. Over on Autosport there's a running thread dedicated to the FOM TV director not showing the actual action. Well over 600 posts now.

between this board and the previous i've made 600 posts alone on that topic.

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1