Formula 1 2019

wood

Boring as shit. Bottas passed Vettel on his shitty stop start and that was it. No chance to race with anyone once he hit the clean air. 

they should have run the race in the typhoon. Would have been infinitely more competitive 

Did you miss the entire middle of the field? Plenty of passing back there.

20 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Until there is no longer an italian running scuderia, it will continue to go this way.

Idk ... hard for me to blame Mattia for the German and the Monagasque who threw away a 1-2 in Qualifying and any chance of a win on Sunday.

They have to be looking at this, thinking there's at least a couple of guys out there who don't hemorrhage points the way our drivers do.

On 10/13/2019 at 11:11 AM, Anton Chigurh said:

emoji1635.pngemoji1635.pngemoji1635.pngemoji1635.pngemoji1635.pngemoji1635.png

Odd race. Merc doing weird stuff with strategy to ensure VBs win. Could’ve had a 1-2 instead of a 1-3. On to Mexico!

i'm dead certain that merc cost themselves 1-2 by pitting lewis.  lewis had 7.5 seconds with 10 laps to go over valteri and they pit him.  vettel was 17.5 seconds back.  with 10 laps.  and 70% tire life.  wtf.  3rd+fastest lap doesn't equal 2nd. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, relapse98 said:

If you only focus on the front, it usually sucks.

All the good stuff is usually in the middle towards rear.

I understand, but so much camera time is dedicated to the front that watching the midfield is just watching the names shuffle on the side of the screen. 

on the flip side, can’t wait for F1 Season 2 on Netflix 

F1 and Dolphins owner Steven Ross have agreed to host an F1 event at Hard Rock Stadium (I still think of it as Joe Robbie).  They're looking a May 2021 initial race, pending county approval.  Guessing this would be in addition to, not in place of, the USGP at COTA?

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fl-sp-formula-one-race-hard-rock-stadium-20191015-72ryuu5upfgyhb6ejdpqqz7ar4-story.html

33 minutes ago, Dutch said:

F1 and Dolphins owner Steven Ross have agreed to host an F1 event at Hard Rock Stadium (I still think of it as Joe Robbie).  They're looking a May 2021 initial race, pending county approval.  Guessing this would be in addition to, not in place of, the USGP at COTA?

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fl-sp-formula-one-race-hard-rock-stadium-20191015-72ryuu5upfgyhb6ejdpqqz7ar4-story.html

isn't COTA's contract up?

47 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I understand, but so much camera time is dedicated to the front that watching the midfield is just watching the names shuffle on the side of the screen. 

on the flip side, can’t wait for F1 Season 2 on Netflix 

Exactly. Seems like most of the "midfield" passes that were shown were Leclerc trying to recover. So not even really midfield stuff. 

43 minutes ago, Dutch said:

In addition to COTA  ........  at least for now. Even if everything else remains the same and we continue paying the sanctioning fee, etc, if Epstein doesn't put some money into a real fix for the track surface, he'll lose F1 & MotoGP eventually. It's worse every time I go out there.

Edited by wood

9 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yeah I'm confident it'll stick thru 2021.  Beyond that, I am less confident.

Yep. Pretty much what I'm thinking. A second U.S. race will give FOM some good leverage on COTA, no matter what they say publicly about Miami just being an additional race. They have to say that, but Miami also gives them insurance as well.

2 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep. Pretty much what I'm thinking. A second U.S. race will give FOM some good leverage on COTA, no matter what they say publicly about Miami just being an additional race. They have to say that, but Miami also gives them insurance as well.

It's still better than what I thought would happen originally.  If Bernie had maintained control, I'm pretty sure we would have lost the race already.

7 minutes ago, utee94 said:

It's still better than what I thought would happen originally.  If Bernie had maintained control, I'm pretty sure we would have lost the race already.

I don't think so. From what I hear, Bernie kept this race alive by allowing late payments and by renegotiating the contract to better terms for COTA.

Edited by wood

I know he did that in the first couple of years.  But Bernie gets bored with his toys and likes to mix things up.  

Anyway, I'm happy to be wrong about its early failure and will be delighted to see it run its full 10-year contract.  I'm hoping it'll go longer but won't hold my breath.

13 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I know he did that in the first couple of years.  But Bernie gets bored with his toys and likes to mix things up.  

Bernie gets bored, but he was never gonna turn down anyone, or any government, who was willing to pay that crazy sanctioning fee. Same with Liberty. Free money. Bernie could have gotten rid of COTA any number of times, but instead he worked with them and gave them a lower sanctioning fee to keep them on the books, among other things...

Edited by wood

In other news ... how do you know when Bobby Epstein is lying?

His mouth is open...

First year of new Miami F1 race will hurt COTA; 2019 race attendance set to be 2nd largest ever - Epstein 

https://racer.com/2019/10/16/first-year-of-new-u-s-f1-race-will-hurt-cota-epstein/

LOL. Bobby just keeps stepping in s**t. In August, he said reserved seats had already sold out back in July ... but they STILL aren't sold out. Now he says “Ticket sales are second now to the first year” ... but just a couple of years ago he said the USGP had drawn a new record crowd, beating 2012. So if THAT crowd was the new record crowd, how can the 2019 crowd be second only to 2012?

He'd be better off just keeping his wordhole closed.

Edited by wood

It's not up on their website yet, but COTA has released the 2019 USGP map. Are they leaving everything even later than usual this year?

That's gonna be a helluva walk for the rideshaer users.

6G4m1Fu.jpg

Edited by wood

Simple solution to that-- camp out at the track all weekend.  Duh.

In things I actually DO care about though-- glad to see Gus's Fried Chicken back out in the Turn3-Turn8 lineup.  Hopefully it's in that circle right by the Turn 3 gate, where it was 2 years ago.  I ate pretty much every meal for 3 days at that chicken stand.

• Like 1

Come to think of it, knowing how that asshole is, this could also be a way to fuck with the neighbors who run parking lots and offer free shuttles in and out.

In other news related to Epstein being a giant piece of shit, , looks like he is going after Mayor Adler & 5 council members now...

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/new-pac-created-to-recall-mayor-adler-and-5-members-of-city-council/

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

Eh, I'm ok with him going after Adler and most of the council.  They're complete idiots and they make up for it by also being shady AF.

I have no great affection for any of 'em. It's the reasoning behind Epstein's moves though...they didn't bend over for him, so now he's gonna do everything he can to try to fuck 'em anyway.

There has never been a bigger POS here than Epstein.