Guitar Effect Pedalphile Thread

HornGrandioso

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Doing a massive cleanup today . . . found this.  I'm not sure I've ever used it or if it's even mine.  Somebody might have left it at my old studio.  Anybody know anything about the brand/model?  I need to find the power adapter.

image.thumb.png.b32191ed82247ba7e7dbf29149a064f0.png

Seems valuable.

https://reverb.com/p/guyatone-flip-vintage-tremolo

11 hours ago, dcbc said:

Well, you're not gonna like this one I put together for a show a few years back.

ADCre-Hdg-RGRGv-Jy-R81-Dp-Oh6k0-Wbmkwa-C

Ha.  This got bigger than I wanted.   I doubt it leaves the basement very often.  Mainly did it to get them all on one board instead of sitting on a desk/floor/shelf/rack.   These were previously on a Holey Board and I HATED that setup for too many reasons to list.  Thought it was cool when it first came out.  It was not. 
I generally take out one of two different small boards. 

1) Vol Pedal - tuner - compressor - Flashback delay - Cloudburst reverb.   (church stuff)
2) Vol Pedal - MXR Distortion - Tremolo - Carbon Copy delay - HOF reverb

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, hullabelew said:

Ha.  This got bigger than I wanted.   I doubt it leaves the basement very often.  Mainly did it to get them all on one board instead of sitting on a desk/floor/shelf/rack.   These were previously on a Holey Board and I HATED that setup for too many reasons to list.  Thought it was cool when it first came out.  It was not. 
I generally take out one of two different small boards. 

1) Vol Pedal - tuner - compressor - Flashback delay - Cloudburst reverb.   (church stuff)
2) Vol Pedal - MXR Distortion - Tremolo - Carbon Copy delay - HOF reverb

I currently have a metal holeyboard.  What are you using now and what cons did you find on the holeyboard?  I've only had it for a little while and I've yet to play it out, so I have no allegiance to them if there's a better mousetrap.

I bought the first generation wooden holey board (arc model with the upper shelf).  I tried zip tying the pedals on....didn't work on all pedals and didn't like the way it looked.  I ultimately just put down some Velcro where I wanted the pedals, but again, it just looked sloppy and things were constantly getting unplugged or falling off when I moved it.  
There wasn't a good, safe way to transport, other then just picking it up by the top shelf or the handle at the end, and inevitably, something would fall off or at least get knocked loose.  

This new board is a PedalTrain Classic 1 and got the hard-shelled case.  Just so much easier to transport it.  

Edited by hullabelew
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 11/22/2023 at 10:27 AM, hullabelew said:

I bought the first generation wooden holey board (arc model with the upper shelf).  I tried zip tying the pedals on....didn't work on all pedals and didn't like the way it looked.  I ultimately just put down some Velcro where I wanted the pedals, but again, it just looked sloppy and things were constantly getting unplugged or falling off when I moved it.  
There wasn't a good, safe way to transport, other then just picking it up by the top shelf or the handle at the end, and inevitably, something would fall off or at least get knocked loose.  

This new board is a PedalTrain Classic 1 and got the hard-shelled case.  Just so much easier to transport it.  

I always heard of people having success with using links of bicycle chain, running the screws from the pedal's base plate through one part of the link and screwing the other part to the board (assuming a wooden board).  I ended up getting a Pedal Train Nano and a Nano+ when I decided I never wanted to deal with a larger board again.  I've never used the Nano+ in a live setting in the years I've had it.  The Nano always has been enough.

1 hour ago, hullabelew said:

Yep.  That is generally what I do.  My other smaller board is a Nano+ as well.   That bicycle chain is DEFINITELY more work that I would ever put in to this. 

My holey board was this model.   I thought it was be a great idea.  I hated the thing.  

rjjubf3kp7sf4o4qmbfi.jpg   

I have a metal one now.  

image.thumb.png.9c6d2e9ccf19fc3389ecff2e605f5d62.png

I haven't played it out yet.  I'm still playing around with the arrangements of the pedals.  It is quite heavy.  I do like how all the cords can be tucked underneath for a very clean look.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Remember when there was a company that you could send your cd's and iPod to and they would put all your music on your iPod?

There needs to be a company you can send your board and pedals to who will set it up for you. I hate fucking with my board. 

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 12:18 PM, Chad Fuck said:

I have a metal one now.  

image.thumb.png.9c6d2e9ccf19fc3389ecff2e605f5d62.png

I haven't played it out yet.  I'm still playing around with the arrangements of the pedals.  It is quite heavy.  I do like how all the cords can be tucked underneath for a very clean look.  

Are you zip tying them down or using velcro?  The two things I liked was the holes to run the cables and the elevated deck.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, dcbc said:

For the first time in a few years, I bought a pedal.  I've got a Barber Direct Drive V2 (first edition of the compact Direct Drive) incoming.  

I really like their Gain Changer pedal.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I really like their Gain Changer pedal.

I do as well.  I've had that one for several years.  It plays nicely with my tweed amps, which are all pretty notable for the mids.  So the flat eq setting on the GC/SR works well.

With the Direct Drive, I'm kind of hoping I can coax the inner Marshal out of my Bassman or Low Power Tweed Twin.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I do as well.  I've had that one for several years.  It plays nicely with my tweed amps, which are all pretty notable for the mids.  So the flat eq setting on the GC/SR works well.

With the Direct Drive, I'm kind of hoping I can coax the inner Marshal out of my Bassman or Low Power Tweed Twin.

Yeah, I use the GC with my little Fender champ, which is the only real amp I have left.  But it seems like it would play nice with different amps given the various EQ profiles.

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm looking for a polyphonic pitch shift pedal that I can tap with my foot to shift between -1 octave, no effect, and +1 octave.  I don't care about the semitones in between.  A nice to have would be a mix knob to balance the pitch shifted signal and unaltered signal.  Anyone got any recommendations?

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I thought I'd posted this earlier, but this might do what you want.  I used to have it's big brother and it was quite the bag of tricks.

That looks like it might do what I need and more.  Thanks!

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Deej said:

I just drunkenly bought this off of Temu. Don't judge me. 

Lemme know how it goes, my wife keeps buying me guitar stuff off Temu.  It hasn’t been awful.  Not gear, more like pictures and rugs and stuff.

IMG_4482.thumb.png.1ce3de8167f4484171be6dbe0ce1abf6.png

14 hours ago, Goredho said:

Lemme know how it goes

Digging around today and found out I can modify the settings from an app on my phone and record to my phone, as well as stream music to it via bluetooth to play along to. Can plug in headphones as well. We will find out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Last week, I picked up at TC Electronic Vibroclone for not a lot of $$.  Years ago, I had a Neo Mini Vent, which did about all I could ask for in a Leslie simulator.  But it, for lack of a better description, laid a digital "sheen" on my tone I didn't love and was too easy to sell for the $$$ I put into it.  Plus, it resulted in too much "Cold Shot."  Anyway, I always wanted to have a cheap Leslie pedal lying around, with the idea that I would run a stereo rig with the B channel being just for Leslie tones so I could blend them or kick on the "Leslie" during leads for something interesting. 

I've got to say, for the $59 plus shipping I paid, this gets close.  The drive knob is useful, and the slow and fast sounds do things convincingly enough.  Down side is that there is no footswitch for slow/fast (just a toggle).  But for the price, I can't complain.  Now I just need a decent switcher that doesn't cost much.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...