David Beaty

cdain3

If you think he is going to give you a foothold in Texas recruiting you guys are in trouble. 1. You’re Texas. You don’t need Beaty to have a foothold in Texas recruiting. 2. Look at his recruiting at KU. He stopped recruiting Texas. 

The co-OC thing better just be for a pay increase.  Our offense got worse after he fired meachem and took the helm. Tough to do when meach leads you to a 21 yard outing.  

Good fucking luck. Friend text me last night “Clemson hires a WR coach and gets two championships and a loaded roster. We hire one and lose 90% of our games for 4 years and are left with no roster and no scholarships.”

pepper your anus. He will not add a damn thing. He might not be a net negative as an assistant but you won’t get your money’s worth out of him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

If you think he is going to give you a foothold in Texas recruiting you guys are in trouble. 1. You’re Texas. You don’t need Beaty to have a foothold in Texas recruiting. 2. Look at his recruiting at KU. He stopped recruiting Texas. 

The co-OC thing better just be for a pay increase.  Our offense got worse after he fired meachem and took the helm. Tough to do when meach leads you to a 21 yard outing.  

Good fucking luck. Friend text me last night “Clemson hires a WR coach and gets two championships and a loaded roster. We hire one and lose 90% of our games for 4 years and are left with no roster and no scholarships.”

pepper your anus. He will not add a damn thing. He might not be a net negative as an assistant but you won’t get your money’s worth out of him. 

dude, you’re a fucking kansas fan.  saban would go 2-10 at that shithole.  your opinion is IRRELEVANT.  but I will defend with my life your right to make it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Because he was recruiting to fucking Kansas.  Take a look at his recruiting at aggy.  He got ridiculously talented kids to come and play at that shit-hole for a drunk - and that was still an infinitely better situation to recruit than at Kansas. 

Herman wants/needs Beaty for Dallas/FW recruiting.  He's not going to be running the fucking offense or calling plays - so I don't give a shit what happened to the Kansas offense when he took over.

• Like 1

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Because he was recruiting to fucking Kansas.  Take a look at his recruiting at aggy.  He got ridiculously talented kids to come and play at that shit-hole for a drunk - and that was still an infinitely better situation to recruit than at Kansas. 

Herman wants/needs Beaty for Dallas/FW recruiting.  He's not going to be running the fucking offense or calling plays - so I don't give a shit what happened to the Kansas offense when he took over.

This.  He recruited some studs to aggy.  He was a damn good receivers coach too.

53 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

This sounds a lot like what OU fans said to Clemson about Venables when they dumped him for Stoops.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

thanks for that charlie strong thing! 

46 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

This sounds a lot like what OU fans said to Clemson about Venables when they dumped him for Stoops.

Yeah but venebles didn't literally lead an entire program, not 10 years removed from a BCS win, down to a depth that even charlie weis couldn't get to after kicking 20 players off the team.  You think he is a good recruiter but look at our roster situation.  The guy couldn't manage a roster to save his life and then when it looked like his job was in jeopardy he literally quit recruiting.  At one point something like 22% of our roster was WRs.

Some are talking about how he got kids to aggy.  I hate aggy as much as anyone but the fact is that aggy was, and is, right up there with the highest AD budget in america a few years and their facilities were/are likely top 10.  He was there when texas was sliding out of the mack era.  I've been around since about 2011 and you guys were bitching about your talent a ton back then.  You didn't have the record, you didn't have talent,you had a stale old fart instead of a young, up and coming, coach (at the time), and A&M had just moved to the SEC.  Texas kids were going to be SEC branded without leaving home.  Say what you want about A&M but the fact is, they had everything going for them that UT didn't at that time.  Donald Duck could have out recruited UT in favor of A&M at that point in history.

It's not really sour grapes on my part if you look at the evidence and the situation at the time beaty was at A&M and say that he didn't have shit to do with it.  I can also just as easily say that the talent he recruited there likely didn't contribute to the team's record until 2014 (his 3rd and final year).  They went 8-5 that year.  So those 5* kids he might have gotten didn't really get them shit did it?  Just like he missed on 90% of everyone he brought to KU.  The 10% that did hit he had nothing to do with.

Edited by Jhawk

6 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Yeah but venebles didn't literally lead an entire program, not 10 years removed from a BCS win, down to a depth that even charlie weis couldn't get to after kicking 20 players off the team.  You think he is a good recruiter but look at our roster situation.  The guy couldn't manage a roster to save his life and then when it looked like his job was in jeopardy he literally quit recruiting.  At one point something like 22% of our roster was WRs.

Some are talking about how he got kids to aggy.  I hate aggy as much as anyone but the fact is that aggy was, and is, right up there with the highest AD budget in america a few years and their facilities were/are likely top 10.  He was there when texas was sliding out of the mack era.  I've been around since about 2011 and you guys were bitching about your talent a ton back then.  You didn't have the record, you didn't have talent,you had a stale old fart instead of a young, up and coming, coach (at the time), and A&M had just moved to the SEC.  Texas kids were going to be SEC branded without leaving home.  Say what you want about A&M but the fact is, they had everything going for them that UT didn't at that time.  Donald Duck could have out recruited UT in favor of A&M at that point in history.

It's not really sour grapes on my part if you look at the evidence and the situation at the time beaty was at A&M and say that he didn't have shit to do with it.  I can also just as easily say that the talent he recruited there likely didn't contribute to the team's record until 2014 (his 3rd and final year).  They went 8-5 that year.  So those 5* kids he might have gotten didn't really get them shit did it?  Just like he missed on 90% of everyone he brought to KU.  The 10% that did hit he had nothing to do with.

We're not hiring Beaty to oversee recruiting operations like he would be doing as a head coach. That's Herman's job, and he's generally very good at it. We're going to assign him targets at the WR position and in the DFW area, and he's going to land them. That's his strength.

Edited by Machinator

4 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

So you're saying we shouldn't hire David Beaty as our head coach. I don't really think that was in jeopardy of happening, my man.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

ha!  go post in the basketball thread. 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

We're not hiring Beaty to oversee recruiting operations like he would be doing as a head coach. That's Herman's job, and he's generally very good at it. We're going to assign him targets at the WR position and in the DFW area, and he's going to land them. That's his strength.

This.  Beaty is a damn good coach of WRs and runs circles around Mehringer.  He's from Dallas and coached all over the metroplex.  He knows Dallas football coaches.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, you're right. I guess we're kind of screwed if he only recruits lights out when he's at a program with a large budget that has a lot of buzz based on recent success.

Oh wait, no, I said that wrong. That sounds fucking perfect based on our situation.

Thanks for your concern, Jayhawk football fan.

sounds better if read in your avatar's voice.

• Like 4

Jhawk, you are spending a lot of words venting Beaty’s failures to a fan base that isn’t hiring him for anything in the same universe as what he was asked to do in Lawrence.

This has been mostly a done deal since the week of the Big 12 championship when he “consulted” on the offensive game plan against OU. The timing is strictly logistics and convenience.

3 hours ago, Jhawk said:

You might have a chance with the Basketball board, maybe.

2 hours ago, Jhawk said:

just a suggestion, the basketball board is ripe territory for you given we don't know what we are doing as it relates to basketball.

2 hours ago, Jhawk said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Agree, tell Beaty who to recruit.... then go close the deal.

Any insight on who are the best talent evaluators on current Texas Coaching Staff??

Edited by LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

We're definitely in play for Beaty. Carrier is a possibility, but that may be his agent driving up the price paid by Fertitta.

That doesn't sound like something that would work.  No way Fertitta would overspend in some quixotic desire to show that he can compete with the university.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I'm not that familiar with Beaty so why is everyone so confident he's an upgrade over Mehringer? WR development and recruiting have both been strengths the last two years..

Just take our word for it. And don't bother venture over to any other boards looking for information, you won't find any anywhere. 

5 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Beaty Best Recruits Listed by 247

He is an excellent recruiter.

According to 247, he recruited fourteen 4* and 5* players in 3 years in The Station. And like all new guys on a staff, he probably had most of his success in subsequent years. 

So, yes, he can recruit. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor