2019 Poker run gooder or die thread

AUS-97HORN

70/30. I’m not calling here

Gotta call. So you would fold KK if someone jammed and showed A5? Fold 99 on 984 if someone jammed and showed JT?

I would fold 55 to a blind allin but not to an exposed Q3 with no action behind.

No one is good enough to pass up 70/30s and ICM isn’t a factor on Day 1.

I mean, fuck, I’m not folding and we all know I’m basically 0% to beat a guy who blind jams Q3o and then pulls his dick out and hits me with a shoe.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Gotta call. So you would fold KK if someone jammed and showed A5? Fold 99 on 984 if someone jammed and showed JT?

I would fold 55 to a blind allin but not to an exposed Q3 with no action behind.

I mean, fuck, I’m not folding and we all know I’m basically 0% to beat a guy who blind jams Q3o and then pulls his dick out and hits me with a shoe.

sounds like the guy with 5-5 lost the hand.  He must have your luck. 

39 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

appreciate the notes on the folks who replied.  Im not complaining about the QJ bomb pot hand.  obviously long term I want the call, but I would be lying if I said I wasnt happy taking down a $250 pot without risk.

played again today.  I know my reputation on the tables is pretty tight and aggressive when I have it.  So I tried to play a session opening up my range a bit. 

bought in for $300,  first hand I play I get 9-7 of spades, I limp in MP, old guy to my right makes it $15, there are 3 callers before I decide to call because hell, it worked first hand yesterday. 

flop comes Th-8h-6c.  nice flop,  its checked to me and I bet out $25 again,  old guy raises to $60. and everyone else folds.  I decide to slow play it and just call.

turn is Ah.  I check to see what he does, and OG checks.  River is a fucking 2h.  I check again. OG announces hes got to do a heart check, he looks at his hand and throws out $100.  I dont think there is any fucking chance OG is doing this on a bluff, he looks and acts like the typical old man playing poker.  and I fold, he flips over Qh to show he got there. 

down $75 on the first hand.  around 3 hands later I am the SB.   UTG makes it a live $5 straddle. Literally every single person calls the $5.  Its my turn in SB and I see KTdd.   I need to thin the herd here and I make it $35.  Normally this move knocks all but 1-2 folks out.  However.....   OG to my left snap calls, UTG calls.... and then the whole fucking table except 1 person call.  There is literally $285 in the pot before the flop. 

I've only got $188 left, and I make the decision that, as the first to act if I hit any part of this flop, or its all under cards, Im shoving the flop.

Flop comes Tx-Qd-9d,  its about the best I can hope for  and I shove.  It  works all the way to the CO, who I have played with multiple times,  and he calls.   Lets see if I can get there.   I miss the straight and flush draws, but a K on the turn ends up giving me a winning 2 pair.   better to be lucky than good.  so basically a triple up on the hand. 

that $35 raise I made seemed to change the table, for like the next 15 or so hands, multiple folks made it $35 to go pre flop and they were getting called 2-3 times.  I avoided all those having only limped $2-5 a few times. 

Then comes the ugliest hand Ive seen in a long time- did not involve me.  Live straddle of $5, 2nd straddle of $10.  There are 3 callers (incl the button) before the $5 live straddle makes  it $75.   $10 straddle folds, other 3 call.  Live straddle is 2nd in chips at the table with around $700,  Button has over $1k, the other 2 callers have no more than $250 behind (just nutso how often these folks have to pay to see the flop) 

The flop comes Kh-3h-3x.  Its checked around. turn comes Qh.   Live straddle bets $100, MP shoves all in for something like $190.    Button takes a very long time and calls.  straddle  calls.  River is an effective blank.   Live straddle  Bets out $250 into a dry side pot. Button shoves all in and live straddle calls.....   

Live straddle has K-K... MP has the Ace high flush. and the button has....  3-3.   jesus what  a fucking hand. 

I play for another hour.... manage to lose almost $200 bluffing into the flopped nut flush.. doh.   

But I do get back $100 pretty quickly with AK on a K high flop.  after about 2 hours I am out of time.

I  ask if APP have a time bonus if I buy more than a few hours.  turns out if I buy $250 of time, I get $50 in bonus time. so I buy $250 and get the deal.   

I play for about an hour and final cashout is $705.   $300 buyin $20 in tips, and $250 for time.    +$135 more than I walked in with and the next 30 hours covered. 

God what a great game to be in. Nice session. Why not raise with 97s from MP in first hand?

30 minutes ago, CBT said:

God what a great game to be in. Nice session. Why not raise with 97s from MP in first hand?

i mistyped that hand . the OG is to my immediate left. Im on HIS right. 

so that may explain the hand a lot better.  I was closing the action with the $13 call. 

I havent played with the OG, and several other the other callers either, and as my first hand, I didnt think a limp- raise move would work  ( and frankly the hand 3-4 hands later kinda proved that with the whole fucking world calling $35).  and as I mentioned, until they prove otherwise, OG players tend to play pretty straight up, so an initial $15 raise meant he had something solid. very good chance of 2 large cards, if not a large pair.  he didnt show anything other than the Qh on that hand, but I wouldnt be shocked if he had QQ there.

and if you meant after the flop I honestly put him on one of 2 hands, either a huge flush draw, or a large pair. figured if I bet too heavily into him he would fold. I wanted to give him the chance to think his overpair was good, and let him bet at it.  or if hes on the flush draw, let him keep betting. 

the Ah kinda killed all the action,  Im 90% sure he didnt have AQ because he should have bet it there if he had AxQh after I checked.  So his hand narrows to QQ, KQo, QJo and hes making a move with 2 overs and a straight draw and a decent flush blocker. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

1 hour ago, TXSooner518 said:

Thank you. I totally agree but just wanted confirmation. Posters advocating for a fold greatly overestimate their edge over the field.

People found #NakedBandit twitter account. @kpittboy It’s exceedingly ordinary. I feel bad for him when he sobers up/comes back to reality. The Twitter is just a “normal” sports and poker superfan. Maybe he’s an asshole and my read is off but I just am guessing he’s going through something. 

By the way, chip stealer DQ Guy should pay flasher DQ Guy’s bail as a thank you. Without flasher guy stealing all the attention, chip steal DQ guy would be getting doxxed and shamed. What a crazy day. 

His name is Georgii. Looks like a pro. Must have been goofing off?

His name is Georgii. Looks like a pro. Must have been goofing off?

Sounded like he was drunk. The stack was in play but no player. He was obv joking (I would be much more concerned if he swiped an orange chip or something, obv no one thinks they can get away with just taking 60k chips at 100/200) but yeah you can’t do that. Esp since he apparently just crashed them all into a pile rather than just sliding the stack next to his with a knowing sheepish look or something.

Had a situation at Winstar the other night and need some clarification.  Preflop UTG raises to $25.  2 callers follow with folds to the big blind who raises to $95.  UTG goes all-in for $115 not a qualifying raise.  Can the next player raise or is it dead? I thought it was dead since the player had already acted and called the original UTG raise.  Floor was called ruled the other two players could raise since they had not had the opportunity to raise on BB's raise.   

Edited by disgustipated

17 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

i mistyped that hand . the OG is to my immediate left. Im on HIS right. 

so that may explain the hand a lot better.  I was closing the action with the $13 call. 

I havent played with the OG, and several other the other callers either, and as my first hand, I didnt think a limp- raise move would work  ( and frankly the hand 3-4 hands later kinda proved that with the whole fucking world calling $35).  and as I mentioned, until they prove otherwise, OG players tend to play pretty straight up, so an initial $15 raise meant he had something solid. very good chance of 2 large cards, if not a large pair.  he didnt show anything other than the Qh on that hand, but I wouldnt be shocked if he had QQ there.

and if you meant after the flop I honestly put him on one of 2 hands, either a huge flush draw, or a large pair. figured if I bet too heavily into him he would fold. I wanted to give him the chance to think his overpair was good, and let him bet at it.  or if hes on the flush draw, let him keep betting. 

the Ah kinda killed all the action,  Im 90% sure he didnt have AQ because he should have bet it there if he had AxQh after I checked.  So his hand narrows to QQ, KQo, QJo and hes making a move with 2 overs and a straight draw and a decent flush blocker. 

But you open limped first then called the raise preflop right? I'm just picking nits, but I'd raise first in. I like the idea of opening up more like you mentioned, especially if you think the table feels you are nitty.  

Also, I don't hate the flat on the flop, but being oop, I'd raise with a higher frequency. But that can change based on other players in the hand, stack sizes, etc.

5 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

Sounded like he was drunk. The stack was in play but no player. He was obv joking (I would be much more concerned if he swiped an orange chip or something, obv no one thinks they can get away with just taking 60k chips at 100/200) but yeah you can’t do that. Esp since he apparently just crashed them all into a pile rather than just sliding the stack next to his with a knowing sheepish look or something.

Found a pic and he looked WASTED.  Also I read that he grabbed a chip stack twice. That seems like a more likely story for a DQ. “Jokingly” grabbing a stack once is egregious but TDs really don’t want to DQ. Twice forces their hand. 

https://twitter.com/remkorinkema/status/1147270234882969601?s=21

Oh god

https://www.pokercentral.com/articles/man-disqualified-wsop-main-event-dropping-pants-throwing-shoe/

Drew Amato continues, “On the other table, a player had a few too many soda pops and was moving all in blind every hand. When no one wanted to call him, he would berate the table for being afraid to burn their $10,000 entry. Eventually, he moved all in and showed 5s2s , and his opponent called with pocket sevens. The player flopped a deuce and rivered a five to eliminate his opponent. He was given a penalty for exposing his hand and had to sit out an orbit. After dinner, he was dragged out by security and given yet another penalty. He eventually returned to his table and settled down a little bit.”

Bought into $2/2 tonight for $200. Ran it up to $300 then got felted. Rebought for $200. Ran it up to $400 then got felted. Rebought for $200 and now have $830 in front of me. The next crash will be spectacular.

Two limpers to me. I make it $12 on BTN w A9ss. Just the limpers call. $35 pot

AK9 rainbow. Here we go! Both check to me. Let’s get a little value. I’ve noticed the first limper, a 40ish white lady plays any ace so maybe she has one? I throw out $15 and she makes a slow call. Other guy folds. $65 pot.

K. Dammit! Chk chk

J. She bets $20, because of course she does. I call and she flips.... ACES?!?!?

Guys, I’m marking this one down as a win.

played two 2 hour sessions today. 

first was early afternoon. bought in for $300, no real hands to speak of until I have about $270 in front of me. 

Im on the button,  it goes  limp, raise to $7, raise to $15, call, raise to $30.  and Ive got AKss. 

I make it $80. Everyone clears out except for the $30 raiser, who does a reluctant call hes got around $120-130 behind.  Flop comes  ten high, no spades.  he checks and I decide to ship it.  he makes a reluctant call,   K on the turn and blank on the river,  I show the AK and he mucks in disgust and leaves.   My guess was he had JJ or QQ.  Played for another hour or so, up some down some,  and cashed out at $735.  $20 in tips, so +$415 on that trip.

went back around 9.  slowly chipped up to $350 when I get AdAx on the button,  there are a few limpers, I put out $26, and get 2 callers, flop comes T high with 2 diamonds. checks to me and I bet out $50, get 1 caller.  turn comes a low diamond. other player checks, and bet out $100.   he folds.   

I run it up to around $550 until I get KK in MP  There are 3 guys who usually raise in position behind me, so I see if I can get a customer and limp..  None of the targets raise, but another aggressive player who is the SB makes it $15,  BB  also calls and make it $50 to go.    SB  gives a very wry smirk and makes a reluctant call.   Flop comes A-7-2, they both check and I c-bet for $50.   SB instantly shoves and has me covered, so I have to fold. 

I end up losing another $80 or so with decent pre-flop hands but totally missing the flop.  I finally get  QQ as UTG and try the limp raise move again,   guy to my left who is an "Any Ace" raiser makes it $15 (hes got around $190 total), 2 other callers. and this time Im like fuck it,  $100 to go.   any ace calls, everyone else clears out. 

Flop comes Q-2-2.  I check, he shoves for $75 total, I call, he's got AK.  I avoid the runner runner and take it down.    Any Ace rebuys immediately for $120.   Next hand is a bomb pot  

I am in MP  Top board is 8-6-2 rainbow, bottom board is K-9-6 with 2 spades.   It checks to me, and Ive got TxTs.  I  bet $10 and Any Ace bets out $25, and everyone else folds.  There really arent any normal straight draws available (except either 97 or 87), and with me having the over pair on 1 board and the ugly backdoor flush draw on the K high board, I try to take down the pot, and shove, since I should be ahead on one board no matter what.     Any Ace takes a full minute of hemming and hawing to reluctantly call.   I show the TT and  I'm good right?

uh no... Any Ace shows 6-6 for the fucking set on both boards (no clue at all why he didnt snap).    MFer.  no T comes no spades, and I pay out the $90 more. 

end up on a tiny losing spree with more good pre-flop hands not connecting, and I decide at 2 hours to call it a night  cash out at $387.  $10 in tips this time, bought in for $300, so a +$77 session.  Not great, but hey its still a positive session. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

I think they started this 30 min delayed broadcast for the starting days of the Main in the last few years. Before that, the TV production was much better when it was recorded, edited, and then shown later. Agree that now is a grind to watch. But seems like they had to go this route because of social media and everyone already knowing the results and stories.

6 hours ago, housious said:

I haven’t watched the WSOP main event on tv in years. Have they been running it live for a while now? Because it’s dreadfully boring.

They’ve been doing it a couple years but this year is horrifically bad. This year should be exhibit A that ESPN does NOT rig action flops or control televised poker. Just a bunch of non-action preflop and flop action. Players not being that creative. Just a bore fest. I think it shows that they got lucky to have action tables and creative players before(I think Charlie Carrel and I can’t remember others).

I don’t know how it works but I would scan Twitter/watch tables to find action tables and move the whole table to Broadcast. 

For example, Galen Hall was posting about his table going multiway 3/4 bet to every flop and the crazy action. I’d rather see a crazy table with a minor poker pro(Hall) over a shortstacked and half asleep Moneymaker. I think Galen ended with 300K after day one and several others at his table ended with huge stacks. 

Edited by Irieguy

They need to go to round for round much sooner. Run a specified amount of time off the clock for each orbit until the bubble bursts. Not being in hand for hand or round for round when you're 3 off the bubble paying almost 1300 spots is crazy.

Hewitt is the worst nit I've ever seen. SO badly wanted his aces cracked there. 

Amazing how often people punt off chips when they get short. In events like the Main, or even Big 50, with big starting stacks, they punt when they feel short due to other stacks, even though they are totally fine compared to the blinds.

In the MSPT Venetian I played, guy got crippled, next hand he's on button with 5 bigs or so. It's BBA, so he has 7 hands to find one to jam without losing any chips. Instead he jams over an UTG open holding 63ss. You have no fold equity, you obv don't have the best hand. You are just throwing ~$100 on the ground for no reason. Obv he beats AQ and then spins it up, because poker.

You’re new to a 9-handed $1/2 table and have no reads.  Everyone has $200.

Every player limps to you in SB w 72o.  Do you call or fold?  I’m intentionally taking raise out of the options for the sake of this discussion.

Edited by Lurch