2019 Poker run gooder or die thread

AUS-97HORN

1 minute ago, Lurch said:

You’re new to a 9-handed $1/2 table.  Everyone has $200.

Every player limps to you in SB w 72o.  Do you call or fold?  I’m intentionally taking raise out of the options for the sake of this discussion.

call...i got pot odds!

24 minutes ago, Lurch said:

You’re new to a 9-handed $1/2 table and have no reads.  Everyone has $200.

Every player limps to you in SB w 72o.  Do you call or fold?  I’m intentionally taking raise out of the options for the sake of this discussion.

I'm actually folding here. Playing OOP with pure cheese, I'm almost never going to be flopping something I want to continue with. I know I"m getting 17:1, but for one, I'm not closing the action, BB could always raise. For two, I'm worse than 17 to 1 to flop two pair or better, and 9 handed, I'm going to need two pair or better to continue. Also, with a hand this raggedy and 8 opponents, I could flop great and still lose. Say it comes 775. Great flop! Although I lose a huge pot if one of my 8 opponents has the case 7 (or 55). Or 972, sucks if my opp has 97, 99, 77, 22, or if the turn pairs the 9, or they can make a better two pair etc. 

Calling here almost always loses $1, very rarely wins a big pot (without flopping a boat or quads, how do I cooler someone in a limped pot with 72o?), very occasionally loses a big pot (much easier to get coolered than to cooler someone with 72o).

I'm calling everything but the very worst of hands. Calling anything suited, anything connected or one gapped. Calling 2 gappers probably 74 and up. 3 gappers probably 95 and up. T5. Anything with a paint card.

So folding (all offsuit): 52, 62, 72, 82, 92, T2, 63, 73, 83, 93, T3, 84, 94, T4.  Would consider the hands with a T and 63 next.

19 minutes ago, Lurch said:

I fold.

If you fold, whats the lowest hand you would have instead called with?  

Im thinking 45o and 24s, just gut

the joker and a picture of dealer's family that fell off her ID tag. 

• Haha 1

so today, there are no fewer than 2 stacks whose players didnt show up. Both are supposedly hella sick and in the hospital,  Jeff Siegal got blinded out really early in the day, 

Matthew Mcewan is being blinded out, but by the look of his chips on the table it looked like he still had close to $1.7 Mil in chips left over.  His stack started with 2.1M for the day.

Nothing worse than being in a huge downswing.  I've probably lost five of my last six cash game sessions to the tune of 2-3 buyins per session.  FML. 

So we are playing $1-1 and have been playing for about 4 hours so I had 475 in front of me and my opponent had me covered but not by much. Playing six handed currently. Dealt QQ in late position.  Opponent is aggressive nutso maniac and raises to $15, I three bet to $40.  He raises to $100.  I flat.  Board comes J-5-2 - three spades.  I have Q spades.  He leads out $200.  What do you do?

Hand #2 - A-7-3 Omaha Board rainbow.  Limped  preflop to my SB preflop and I have 3-3-7-6.   Run into AA flopped set who didn't raise preflop.  FML.

Hand #3 - Ac-Qc-7    I have Kc-Jc-6d-8d.  Miss of course even with a five on the turn.  FML..

I feel your pain man

Hands 2 and 3 are just pure coolers nothing to do there obv.

Hand 1, is he a loose caller also or just nutso aggro but shuts down to resistance or doesn’t call off wide? If he calls loose I’m happily jamming flop. If he’s aggro but calls normally I just call flop to then always call off on turn. There are only 6 cards we don’t want to turn - the nonspade A and K. If one comes, I think we still have to call off due to the opponent and the amount already in the pot and the chance that either our QQ is good or a spade is.

1 hour ago, TXSooner518 said:

I feel your pain man

Hands 2 and 3 are just pure coolers nothing to do there obv.

Hand 1, is he a loose caller also or just nutso aggro but shuts down to resistance or doesn’t call off wide? If he calls loose I’m happily jamming flop. If he’s aggro but calls normally I just call flop to then always call off on turn. There are only 6 cards we don’t want to turn - the nonspade A and K. If one comes, I think we still have to call off due to the opponent and the amount already in the pot and the chance that either our QQ is good or a spade is.

Yeah.  He does not shut down to resistance. He's loose. He had KK with King of Spades.  Just brutal cold spell right now.  Luckily I keep my bankroll separate so only eating into profit, but it's a ton of profit on the year.  Lol. 

21 minutes ago, deech said:

Yeah.  He does not shut down to resistance. He's loose. He had KK with King of Spades.  Just brutal cold spell right now.  Luckily I keep my bankroll separate so only eating into profit, but it's a ton of profit on the year.  Lol. 

Ouch

1 hour ago, deech said:

Ooooof. So gross. Did you jam flop or call flop/and get in turn?

11 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Ooooof. So gross. Did you jam flop or call flop/and get in turn?

I called the $200 bet.  Then he checked on a non-spade turn and river.  Saved $150 so I guess that's good.  LOL.  Only I gave that back with the set over set Omaha hand.   

Edited by deech

Played on Monday… what sucks is even when you make some good laydowns, and cant convert.

Bought in for $300, got the stack up to just over $400, and then got slowly chipped down due to decent hands that I raised or 3 bet with that completely missed the flop and action before I got to act told me I wasn’t good. Added on for another $100 after I raised to $50  pre flop in the CO, with AKo, got called by 2 MP guys and the flop came Q high, all clubs…. I didn’t have a club.  FTA Bet $50 other raised to $130… sigh, muck.  Never saw the hands because FTA folded as well. Then this bomb pot happens.  I am MP,   as usual I don’t look at my cards until its my turn to act.  8 players $5 each.

Boards are  A-A-(Low X)   & Q-T-7      

The top board has a flush draw capable. Bottom is a rainbow.   Its checked to me I look down at A7o.  I bet $10- which is my normal bet size when I have a really solid board -trying to build up the pot so even if I chop I get more than just the $20 per person.

Get 4 callers.     Turn for the top board is the 3rd suit…. J   and bottom board is a low blank.        It goes check, bet for $20 by UTG, (who is really aggressive), and I call the $20…. Then the button, who is also really aggressive makes it $100.    BB folds, UTG takes a while, and calls the $100.

I just cant see how I am good here.  The flush hits, any ace with anything resembling a kicker has me in trouble, and if that’s the case, I probably only have 2 outs to catch my boat on the top.     I decide to muck.

River is effectively a blank on both boards.  UTG checks and  Button bets out $250…. And he gets snap called by   AT.    Button shows JJ…. To scoop the whole thing with his Jacks full and pair of J on the 2nd board.  And my fold was rewarded.

Forward to another  bomb pot  and Im in EP now,  

top board is really high cards.   Bottom board is something like 9-T-Q all diamonds.  

I look down at 2d-3d.   I bet out $10… and everyone to the SB calls.   SB makes it $100.    I have the smallest possible flush, there are 2 more cards to come, and I have no chance in hell of taking the top board unless I go runner runner 22 or 33.    I decide to fold.  

3 guys call the $100.   Turn looks to be a brick on both boards, except SB bets out $100 again, and gets 2 callers.   The pot is fucking massive at this point.   And the river comes a blank on the top, and pairs the board on the bottom.  SB shoves, and gets called by both remaining hands ( neither had much left).    SB shows 9-9,  other 2 show 8d8x & 7d7x.   99 takes the whole fucking thing.     Turns out my flush was actually good until the river, but that didn’t seem like a really good time to call there.

I end up rebuying again for another $150.   I have around $300 in front when this hand happens, and my patience is rewarded.

I am the BB in a $5 straddle.  4-5 limp callers and I look down at T6cc.   I call the $3 extra, and straddle makes it $22.    He tends to do this a lot with 2 large broadway cards, and if hes got a good pair, the bet would have been $35-45.   2 callers and I decide to come along. Flop is 6h-7x-8h.  I check.  Straddle bets $75, the others fold.     I honestly am putting him on 2 big cards here, and I make an iffy call.  Turn comes 7h.  Putting the 3rd heart out there, so its not exactly my favorite card.   I check, and straddle shoves the rest in the pot.   I didn’t get a count because I had him covered, but it was somewhere in the $130-150 range.           I decide to be sticky because I still have him on 2 big cards, and I thought a flush would have bet less to get a call. And I make the hero call, with the chance of a straight if I am wrong…..  river comes another 7 and straddle slams his fist on the table… and shows Ah, Td.   So I take it down.   (wasnt until I reviewed the hand later that I realized how many outs he had) Next rotation later, I am the BB with Th-xh.  It limped to me 4-5 limpers, and I decide to raise and get some folks out.  I make it $15…. And get 2 callers, LP & button.

Flop comes Qh-Jh- xh.   That’s pretty good.  I bet out $35.   LP  effectively snap calls.  Button makes it $135.      I read the bet as 2 pair, or a set, and trying to push out the flush draws.  And I read the LP snap call as a single heart flush draw.   So I shove….  LP takes at least 2 minutes, moaning about losing money after just getting it… and he finally folds.

Button snap calls (for less) with the K high flush and I am drawing dead.      Big shocker LP had the Ah….. no other hearts hit, and I have to payout something like $450.  That’s my moment to leave.  Ended up down $500 for the day.

Edited by AUS-97HORN

Wow, what a beat.

What do you all think about the action in the hand?  The flop and river bets seemed a little light after that flop.  Great call by Greenwood on the all-in raise though.  The paired J on the turn had to be a scary card there.

In the wow did that really happen dept  played yesterday.   Tl;dr  flopped 5 sets,  lost 4 of the 5 and got felted twice.

very first hand,  bought in for $300 get 2-2 in BB,   MP makes it $10 2 callers  I come along.  flop is 2-8-9 rainbow. I check, MP bets $25, others fold, I check raise to $60.   MP calls.  Turn comes J.  I bet out $100, MP shoves for another $85  I obviously call.... hes got AQ....   T on river.    sigh.  rebuy for $300.     Get all of it back about 30 mins later with 9-7hh when I was CO.

early position bets $10,  folds to HJ who calls.  I decide to isolate, and I make it $35.  Both call.....  flop is T-9-6.   EP checks, HJ bets out $30, I raise to $75.    EP folds.  HJ calls.  turn is 8.. and HJ insta shoves, I snap call,  he shows AT and hes drawing dead to a chop of the 3 remaining 8's.  Im now sitting at $590. play for another hour,  chip down to $550 when this hand happens. 

get 8-8 in BB on a straddle pot.   MP who has been playing terribly makes it $15,  3 callers, and I call for $13 more.  Straddle calls.  flop is 8-K-J total rainbow.  I check,  straddle checks, crazy MP bets out $21. other 3 players to my right call,  so I make my move and make it $125.    staddle folds,  MP shoves for a total of $179.  everyone else folds.  Im sure I am good that hes got a K....   turn is a low blank, river is a 7,   I show my set, and he flips over 9-T..... WHAT?   dude  then proceeds to say it was all going in on the turn no matter what.  Im stunned,  even if I was bluffing with the $125 bet, I have to fucking call for only $54 more in a pot of around $500.   Hell if I had QT I would have needed to call and hes dominated.   fuck. 

Get about $100 back with KK when I am UTG and I limp- theres 2 crazy raisers to my left, and I expect a raise.   Nope, 4-5 limpers it goes to the flop.  K-2-2.  Pretty decent.. I check finally crazy raiser bets out $10, gets 2 callers, and I call.  turn is an A.i check He bets out $25, others fold, I call. River is a blank. I bet out $30 and he calls me with pocket 5s. 

I am sitting with $350  when I get 7-7 in MP, I make it $7.. 3 callers.  flop is 7-3-K all spades.  I bet out $20, and it goes raise to $50, raise to $100 and the last guy raises all in.     I fold,  big shocker, flush vs flush. of course it was the right fold, but river pairs... DAMN YOU POKER GODS!!!!. 

Down to around $300 when I get KK again, Im UTG and make it $10 expecting crazy raisers to raise.  got my wish. he makes it $35...   HJ shoves all in for around $100.  I shove as well, and crazy raiser calls the all in with around $150 total and announces hes got aces... but doesnt show.   Board is one of the driest ever. all  4 suites on the turn, nothing connects... and crazy raiser and HJ both turn over AQ.  and I take the pot.  back to $580.

last hand, Ive announced last round and I am the button.

Tight player (around $275) makes it $25 to go from the HJ,  CO (has over $800) calls $25 and I have 5-5. So I call,  tight player isnt doing $25 with anything less than AK. And a raise here most likely turns into a huge 3 bet.   flop comes 2-3-5 rainbow.    HJ bets $50, CO calls $50, I slow play and call $50.

[side story]CO has said on numerous occasions he only bets big when hes got it, except I have seen him shove KK (no club)  into an A high all club board where his pre flop bet was $51 and got 3 callers, it checks around to that CO who bets out $60, and  gets check raised to $150 by a regular decent player.   CO doesnt give any fucks and shoves for $400,  other guy folds and he shows KK.   Ive also seen him shove KK  into a board that started with 3 spades without Ks  where he made it $115 on the flop and when no spade hits the turn, and gets the As to fold (would have been a $600+ call). [end side story]

Turn comes Ts, putting a spade draw on the board.   HJ bets out $75 this time,    CO throws out 10   $25 chips.   Ive got around $500 total.   and I shove.   HJ hems and haws for at least 2 mins before finally saying he cant see how he can fold... and so hes all in... CO then gets up dancing around shoves his entire rest of his stack into the pot, Teddy KGB style, and happily shows 6-4cc.      If I act like an ass here, I guaran-fucking-tee the board pairs, and we then have to figure out how many of the chips in the middle of the pot were his as he has to count off a $500 payoff.   but of course thats not what happens, 10 outs for me, and Jc hits the river.    and Im out.

Down $600 for the day.

Wow, what a beat.

What do you all think about the action in the hand?  The flop and river bets seemed a little light after that flop.  Great call by Greenwood on the all-in raise though.  The paired J on the turn had to be a scary card there.

I love every play made by both of them.

I struggle to call it a terrible beat, much less one of the worst ever. I’d just call it a cooler

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

In the wow did that really happen dept  played yesterday.   Tl;dr  flopped 5 sets,  lost 4 of the 5 and got felted twice.

very first hand,  bought in for $300 get 2-2 in BB,   MP makes it $10 2 callers  I come along.  flop is 2-8-9 rainbow. I check, MP bets $25, others fold, I check raise to $60.   MP calls.  Turn comes J.  I bet out $100, MP shoves for another $85  I obviously call.... hes got AQ....   T on river.    sigh.  rebuy for $300.     Get all of it back about 30 mins later with 9-7hh when I was CO.

early position bets $10,  folds to HJ who calls.  I decide to isolate, and I make it $35.  Both call.....  flop is T-9-6.   EP checks, HJ bets out $30, I raise to $75.    EP folds.  HJ calls.  turn is 8.. and HJ insta shoves, I snap call,  he shows AT and hes drawing dead to a chop of the 3 remaining 8's.  Im now sitting at $590. play for another hour,  chip down to $550 when this hand happens. 

get 8-8 in BB on a straddle pot.   MP who has been playing terribly makes it $15,  3 callers, and I call for $13 more.  Straddle calls.  flop is 8-K-J total rainbow.  I check,  straddle checks, crazy MP bets out $21. other 3 players to my right call,  so I make my move and make it $125.    staddle folds,  MP shoves for a total of $179.  everyone else folds.  Im sure I am good that hes got a K....   turn is a low blank, river is a 7,   I show my set, and he flips over 9-T..... WHAT?   dude  then proceeds to say it was all going in on the turn no matter what.  Im stunned,  even if I was bluffing with the $125 bet, I have to fucking call for only $54 more in a pot of around $500.   Hell if I had QT I would have needed to call and hes dominated.   fuck. 

Get about $100 back with KK when I am UTG and I limp- theres 2 crazy raisers to my left, and I expect a raise.   Nope, 4-5 limpers it goes to the flop.  K-2-2.  Pretty decent.. I check finally crazy raiser bets out $10, gets 2 callers, and I call.  turn is an A.i check He bets out $25, others fold, I call. River is a blank. I bet out $30 and he calls me with pocket 5s. 

I am sitting with $350  when I get 7-7 in MP, I make it $7.. 3 callers.  flop is 7-3-K all spades.  I bet out $20, and it goes raise to $50, raise to $100 and the last guy raises all in.     I fold,  big shocker, flush vs flush. of course it was the right fold, but river pairs... DAMN YOU POKER GODS!!!!. 

Down to around $300 when I get KK again, Im UTG and make it $10 expecting crazy raisers to raise.  got my wish. he makes it $35...   HJ shoves all in for around $100.  I shove as well, and crazy raiser calls the all in with around $150 total and announces hes got aces... but doesnt show.   Board is one of the driest ever. all  4 suites on the turn, nothing connects... and crazy raiser and HJ both turn over AQ.  and I take the pot.  back to $580.

last hand, Ive announced last round and I am the button.

Tight player (around $275) makes it $25 to go from the HJ,  CO (has over $800) calls $25 and I have 5-5. So I call,  tight player isnt doing $25 with anything less than AK. And a raise here most likely turns into a huge 3 bet.   flop comes 2-3-5 rainbow.    HJ bets $50, CO calls $50, I slow play and call $50.

[side story]CO has said on numerous occasions he only bets big when hes got it, except I have seen him shove KK (no club)  into an A high all club board where his pre flop bet was $51 and got 3 callers, it checks around to that CO who bets out $60, and  gets check raised to $150 by a regular decent player.   CO doesnt give any fucks and shoves for $400,  other guy folds and he shows KK.   Ive also seen him shove KK  into a board that started with 3 spades without Ks  where he made it $115 on the flop and when no spade hits the turn, and gets the As to fold (would have been a $600+ call). [end side story]

Turn comes Ts, putting a spade draw on the board.   HJ bets out $75 this time,    CO throws out 10   $25 chips.   Ive got around $500 total.   and I shove.   HJ hems and haws for at least 2 mins before finally saying he cant see how he can fold... and so hes all in... CO then gets up dancing around shoves his entire rest of his stack into the pot, Teddy KGB style, and happily shows 6-4cc.      If I act like an ass here, I guaran-fucking-tee the board pairs, and we then have to figure out how many of the chips in the middle of the pot were his as he has to count off a $500 payoff.   but of course thats not what happens, 10 outs for me, and Jc hits the river.    and Im out.

Down $600 for the day.

You playing arc APP today?

I raise one limper to $10 w KsJs in HJ. BTN makes it $30 and all others fold. $60 pot.

I check dark.

As4d2c. He snap checks.

8s. Chk chk

Ts. I bet $30 and he angry calls and shows AA.

He was seriously chasing quad aces and let me get there free

I get that it's the biggest moment of their poker careers, but JESUS FUCKING CHRIST you don't have to fucking tank every fucking hand. You know, if it goes raise - 20BB jam in front of you and you look down at J4s, it's ok to insta-muck. 

3 hours ago, CBT said:

I get that it's the biggest moment of their poker careers, but JESUS FUCKING CHRIST you don't have to fucking tank every fucking hand. You know, if it goes raise - 20BB jam in front of you and you look down at J4s, it's ok to insta-muck. 

Once Maahs asked for a count in those back to back hands where he literally NEVER even considers calling, I immediately started hoping he ran KK into AA, or got set over set, or any other thing that made him weep on television. 

19 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Once Maahs asked for a count in those back to back hands where he literally NEVER even considers calling, I immediately started hoping he ran KK into AA, or got set over set, or any other thing that made him weep on television. 

listen brah, I dont want them getting a timing tell on me when Im gonna fold brah.

better to make them squirm brah, and then see 31 minutes later that I made them squirm with absolute rags.   That will teach them to go all in ahead of me

• Haha 1

dude, Livingston is either 4th in chips or a fraction higher at 3rd in chips, there isnt really any ICM pressure.,  you only have $44M to start the hand, about $3M went into the flop, and you get the SB chip leader check raising you to $12M and you have AJ on a J high no straight or flush draw board.   

why the fuck do you just call there?  There are a LOT of cards that hit the turn that are scare cards, (8.9.T.K,Q) if top top isnt good there, it sucks, but you will only have around $30M if you call and fold,.  You  need to fucking shove to the check raise.   and you might get called by worse... or win a pot if he folds that increases your chipstack by around 50%.  instead you call, and check fold to a Q on the turn???

Edited by AUS-97HORN

3BAI on the flop isn't going to get called light, board isn't wet enough. He may have had a read that Ensan was strong on the turn, that was a bad card as both QJ and T9 are very possible. My guess is he called, hoping to pick off a turn bluff, and didn't like the card/sizing/tell. 

24 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

3BAI on the flop isn't going to get called light, board isn't wet enough. He may have had a read that Ensan was strong on the turn, that was a bad card as both QJ and T9 are very possible. My guess is he called, hoping to pick off a turn bluff, and didn't like the card/sizing/tell. 

To add to this, when Ensan raises the flop bet with two live hands behind, that looks pretty strong. Like raising JT there in Ensan's shoes would be bad, because you're basically making everything you beat fold, and everything that beats you isn't folding. Not really sure what the point of Ensan's raise with 98 there was honestly, though it sure worked out. So Livingston assumes he has a mix of solid draws and big hands, and when the Q turns, he now loses to QT, QJ, T9, plus any hands that already had him beat on the flop.

That said, I'm not saying he SHOULD have folded, just saying I can see the thought process. I think that given he was seen to make tight folds, at some point you have to just seatbelt in, because players (esp the dominating CL) will try to push you off hands. I would call turn, call most rivers in Livingston's shoes there.

Edited by TXSooner518

Can someone give me a play by play where you feel like opening the flop with an over bet is a good play? I’ve seen it a bit recently, particularly in smaller $2/2 pots, and I’m curious what the logic behind it is, if there is any.

8 minutes ago, deech said:

Super Deep heads up could last another ten hours at this pace. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

and of course it ends in the next two hands.  LOL.  Brutal heads up for Dario in terms of cards.