2019 Poker run gooder or die thread

AUS-97HORN

24 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Seems like if he had a made hand he’d have to have taken control on the turn at the latest. Since the river is a blank, we should be ahead with our top pair

We have top pair and all the draws.  I don't know that I love the $200 bet sizing on the turn ourselves after it being checked to us.   Regardless, I definitely feel like we are beat when he jams the $300 on the river due to his flatting the $200 on the turn.  Can't fathom he's flatting $200 on the turn, missing draws, and then jamming thinking he is going to have much fold equity.

the tl;dr part of this story is after 3 hours of playing I left, up $30.... but since time was $10/ hr... a true break dead even session.

ran up a $200 stack to just shy of $400. managed to get felted with 8h8d on a double bomb pot where top board was 8-7-3 rainbow and bottom board was Th-9h-7h.     I bet out $40 I get 3 callers.   top board tosses up a Tx, bottom board throws up a 6d.   Ive got $350 behind, everyone left to act has me covered, and they have been calling everything.    I shove,  folds to the last guy who snap calls and flips over Jh9d.   No prob, I still have 10 outs on that board to win, and I am only dead to the case 8 or any heart  except 6h on the bottom.   Poker gods say hold my beer, throw a blank on the top board and K heart on the bottom to allow the scoop.   The bomb pot boards later on were kinder as I won half of  3 diff all-in bomb pots with 3 or more players all in. those helped me get close to even. 

I have a hand that I am interested in hearing what everyone thinks.

had a very interesting hand where I am the CO,  the table has been playing tight as fuck because all the looneys left to go play the Big O live stream..

some context, the guy to my left (in the hand below he is sitting with about $250 behind)  has been playing very solid, hes talking about leaving for dinner, and has managed to get felted with KK vs AKs  AIPF, with the old river A.   I check raised him in one hand where I had Kx on a K high flop where he did a C-bet on the flop and he quickly folded, showing AQ on  that one. so the dude is not fucking around too much.

He then raised with AK himself in another hand  that was then 3 bet, called, he called.  flop came AKQ, he bets out $75,  the 2nd player to act who was tighter than a drum and was the original 3 better, raises to all in- and gets called pretty quickly by last to act.  This same dude on my left folds AK face up and hes right, because it was QQ vs KK for the other 2.  obv JT is a possibility there along with original raiser having AK or AQ, but thats still a really tough fold- and correct. 

So anyway, this hand,  2 limpers to me in the CO,  I look down at Ad9o ($350 behind)   and raise to $11.   Button calls, SB calls, limpers fold. 

flop is A-Js-5 rainbow.  SB checks, I lead out for $20, BB  smooth calls, as does the SB... I am a smidge worried about the SB just smooth calling here, but here comes the turn.

Turn is a 9s.   SB checks,  I bet out $40.   BB immediately pops it to $150.  SB gets out of the way immediately. 

what do you guys do here?  Ax-Js-5x-9s board.   I promise that BB is not making it $110 more  (and effectively all in because he only had $80 or so behind) here without something pretty big, and I havent shown a single bluff where I am leading out into multi way pots (mostly because Ive either had it or not bet when I missed).  Plus SB was still in the hand here when he made the raise. 

so i will leave up to the board.  what do you do here?,

You turn aces up and you are getting bet back at by a pretty solid regular who isnt normally throwing his dick on the table with air. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

Pros:

All J9 are certainly in his range as is the QTss. Both would elicit that raise, imo.

A5 might have just slow played flop, keeping SB in. 4 other combos of A9 are left, too.

Cons:

AJ or 55 maybe and he’s raising to ensure you and SB pay to chase flush.

I jam.

32 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

The turn action doesn’t make sense. You have yourself acting between the blinds and then the SB folding to BB raise before you act on it.

yeah,  typed to fast,   there are only 3 of us in the hand, order of action:  SB, me, button. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

A9 is really close here. I’m folding A5 and not folding AJ. And against most mouthbreathers I feel solid at going with A9. But for a player willing to fold AK on AKQ to make this very strong move I think we are gonna be beat a lot. This smells like 55. I don’t think this guy is bombing J9 here. I slightly lean fold.

I tank for a very, and I mean very long time.   I have absolutely put him on 2 pair +. 

my thoughts were,  QTss, is completely off because of the size of the bet. its just large enough to be scary, but I would have expected QTss to shove to get max pressure and full equity in. 

I thought about J9 a lot, and its possible,  55 was my biggest concern, followed by AJ (obvi). 

The only hand in my mind I thought he could have that I beat that he would do this move with was A5ss. 

I actually asked him if he had A5ss and he responded with what looked like a genuine surprised, but confident, shake of the head.  I read it as him having better than that.

I ended up talking myself out of calling and folded face up. 

he coughs and its such a strong reaction that I thought he must have bluffed me out of my shoes.  and I sigh and say go ahead and show me the bluff.

he shows As9x....  

I fully admit to not even thinking about A9 being possible there.  sucks,  nice hand and nice move by him. 

Position is a bitch in poker

Limp UTG at $5/5 w 9h9d. MP limps. BTN makes it $35. BB calls, I call, MP calls. $140 pot

9c4c2h. BB opens $25. I call, MP calls, BTN makes it $50 w $125 more behind. BB calls. I can’t go 4 way to turn, so I make it $175 to get BTN all in. MP folds, BTN calls, and BB quickly calls. $665 pot.

Qh. BB ($800 left) checks. I shove $565 and he makes a crying call w Ac8c. $1795 pot

Kd. BTN shows 44.

Ship it!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lurch said:

The hand broke him. He was muttering to himself for the next 10 mins solid.

that was  me for very long time yesterday against Eva.  crazy asian lady who always rivers the straight/ 2 pair/ flush, whatever the fuck it is she needs, she hits against me.   Today I am sitting right where I want to be against her- shes on my direct right.

I know the way to beat that player is make them pay for the draw dearly so that when they miss it cripples them.    earlier I had helped knocked her down to less than $90 after 3 hands over 30 min where I made her pay $100 per turn to miss the river.  I am sitting with $850 after about 1 hour of play (bought in for $300).  other players have done the same.  so she addons $100.  and this hand happens. 

she bets $16 from HJ after 3 limpers ( normal move by her).  I have J5dd, and say fuck it, I bump it to $35. folds to her, she calls.  Flop comes  4d-5x-6d.  she checks i bet $60.  she calls.  turn is 2x.   she shoves for $100 more.  she is totally capable of doing this move with any ace, esp the flush draw with the ace, and any 7.   I call , and she flips over T3o  I of course miss the flush and she wins.   grumble, grumble, thats poker. 

about 4 hands later she is UTG, shes lead out for the previous 3 consecutive hands, bet flop, turn, and won all 3 hands.

She's now sitting with $500 or so.  leads out again for  $15,   I have 99 and make it $35-  this time there are 2 callers behind me.  she calls.  flop comes 9-4-5 rainbow.   she checks.  I debate putting out a bet, but its such a dry board that I decide to float and the 2 later position guys might bet, and Eva will most likely call and I can pop it then.  but it checks around.  dang.

4th suit 6 hits the board on the turn. Eva immediately leads out for $60.   

I throw out 6 green, folds to her.  she snap calls (this aint a tell, she does this on every draw or made hand). 

3 hits the river and she checks.     I can just check here, but she is going to call any bet I make with any overpair, 2 pair hand, as well as a set.  So instead of being conservative I put her all in, and she snap calls... shows 7-7  of course.    that one had me muttering for 30+ mins.  

I add $200 to my stack,  get AQss in the CO after a limp, raise to $7 and a call of $7,  I make it $35,  SB calls with only $25 behind, everyone else folds.  Flop is T-4-5, she puts the rest in I call,  turn x, river 6..... and she flips over 2-3o..  yep called 60% of her stack with 23o after a reraise.   sigh.

i then manage to get j5ss  again,  2 limpers, so I raise to $15, both limpers call.  flop comes 3s-4s-6x.   FTA(started with $200) bets $20, gets called.  I bump to $60.  FTA calls.  other guy folds.  Turn comes Jx,   he checks,  I shove.  he snap calls with 2-5.  and I miss all the outs again.  

one more rebuy of $200.   manage to win a pot that had 4 callers of $15 with T9 on a 9 high flop,  I called bets of $15, $30 on the flop and turn and was right.  then got TT in BB where I decide to not raise an all limped hand.  flop is 9-8-6.  I bet out $10 get 5 callers.  7 turn make a double flush draw.  I check, same guy who had 25o above bets $35.  I raise to $125, everyone folds except the better, who calls.  river is an honest to god brick offsuit 2.   I check to try and induce a bluff,  he  eventually checks and shows 77.  

I actually leave with $850 when the day is over after 5 hours of play.  so up $50.... but damn you Eva.  I effectively had the same stack size when I left before I ran into her.  except now I had $700 invested in the stack instead of just $300

2 hours ago, Lurch said:

Let’s take J5s out of our ranges...

I dont disagree, it just happened that that particular table was playing so loose, and more like a 5/5 game. Even after the big hits, I chipped all the way back to positive with them continuing to call my raises with ridic hands that they then floated the c-bet and turn bet and folding the river. 

Hell I made back $170 on 1 hand where a tighter player lead for $20, I have AJo in middle position  and make it $55, and I get shoved on by the button for $86 total.   tighter player  smooth calls, and I try to re raise $125 more, but I mathed wrong and its a dead raise by $4.   So I am forced to take the bet back.   J high board comes.  other player checks, I bet $150, he folds telling me he had QT?????    anyway, the button shoved with AT, and I take the pot down.

I also won a  $275+ bomb pot with nothing more than A9 in my hand and a single ace on 1 board.   very coordinated flush/ straight draws on both boards. it had gone $25 bet, 5 callers (me last to act). turn, $25 bet,  4 callers.  River it checks around to me.    I read that most of the draws have missed and I bet $100 expecting to be called by 1 person.   instead it folds around and I take the whole pot. 

$5/5

UTG opens $20. Two callers, I join on BTN w A8ss. BB calls. $100 pot

9s8c3h. Checks to me. I make it $55. Folds to CO who in our brief time at this new table has shown himself to be an aggressive player/bully. He looks like he’s going to fold, but then calls. $210 pot.

9h. Chk/chk

9c. He builds several different stack sizes and then puts each back in his stack. Finally puts out $125, leaving $300 back. I have him covered.

Can I bet for value? No, right?

$5/5

9s8c3h. Checks to me. I make it $55. Folds to CO who in our brief time at this new table has shown himself to be an aggressive player/bully. He looks like he’s going to fold, but then calls. $210 pot.

9h. Chk/chk

9c. He builds several different stack sizes and then puts each back in his stack. Finally puts out $125, leaving $300 back. I have him covered.

I'm terrible at poker, but if he just called preflop, i don't know how you are behind here.

5 hours ago, Lurch said:

$5/5

9h. Chk/chk

I'm not great at poker but what's calling a value bet there?

btw, since you all think Im playing too loose.  check these 2 hands out tonight.  2nd one I THOUGHT  I caught video of but it stopped 1 sec after I thought it was recording so I couldnt get the fucking hand in.

I have chipped up from $200 to $450 because of a couple of hands.   earlier in LP with 7-7 I limped, SB has been playing for 30+ hours. he makes it $45, 3 others calls.  I shove.  SB snap calls, everyone else folds.  hes got AQ and we run 2 boards. split it.  so the table might think I am nuts.   2 rotations later, I am SB again and UTG (same raiser) makes it $15, there are 6 callers before I look down at KK, and I jam for $250 because why the fuck not.   everyone folds.  I dont show  (I guess maybe I should have shown?)

2 rotations after that I am the SB.   UTG +2 makes it $7, MP (who is another raising fool), makes it $17, two hyper loose and flat out idiots both call the $17.   I look down at AA.... so I make it $100. it folds to the loose idiots, one has $200 behind, the other has $103 total.  they both fucking call.  yes the guy with $103 just called $100 there, didnt put the other 3 in there.

flop comes K-J-3,  I bet all in first idiot folds, 2nd idiot calls the $3-  btw, I didnt realize he only fucking had $3 behind, he had just lost a big pot.      T  turn,  river brick  I show AA and he flips over JT off,  yep calling $100 out of $103 with JT off.   again, i want the call everytime, but how the fuck do they keep managing to win hands against me here?

2nd hand is ridiculous, not bullshit and I am fucking pissed that my phone didnt record.  I am back up to about $450 when this hand happens. 

This time I am the BB.  UTG makes it $5, the 30 hour player- UTG +2 makes it $25,  MP calls (hes got $620), 2nd MP calls (hes sitting with $900 plus), first loose idiot from pot 1 (who had rebought for $300 two hands ago and is already down to $200) calls,  2nd loose idiot (the JT winner, calls with $350 behind).  Button (who is a solid player), calls.   SB folds, I look down at KK.

earlier after the AA loss, I was saying I just need to fucking shove with big pairs because everyone is gonna call anyway, so I  hold true to my statement and shove with KK again.

folds to first MP.   He's sitting with about $600, and takes FOREVER, and finally calls my $450. 

2nd MP then  instantly repops it all in himself (really only impacting MP1 because everyone else has less than me) ,  but have no fear because idiot 1 who has the $200 behind decides to fucking call, as does idiot 2 with ~$350 behind.   It took the dealer more than 5 mins to get the 4 pots figured out before we dealt. before the deal I find out that both UTG, UTG +2, and Button all had an ace and folded.   so I am sitting really damn good here..... which probably means I am fucked. 

long story short,   MP 1 had QQ, so his call makes sense, MP2 had Ax, he claimed it was AK, but he only showed the Ace.  Loose idiot 1 called the 3 previous all-ins with J7dd.  Loose idiot 2 calls the 4 previous all-ins with 67o (he claimed it was his fav hand).  

So, in terms of what I could win, I was looking at my stack going up by +1500 give or take, and considering that all the other aces are dead, I should be really really fucking good to win. 

except the board throws out  X-T-9 on the flop -8 turn,  river X.

Top side pot goes to QQ, he takes that pot of about $400.    I flip over KK, and I win the $280 side pot for me.  but of course loose idiot 2 wins the ~$350 sidepot for himself , as he preens and crows about how great 7-6 off is  (oh I forgot, he was preening because his smug ass thought he had won the whole main pot as well)   

J7dd slow rolled his ass.

J7 takes the main pot of $1000+

so 5 all ins, 4 diff side pots and a different person won each side pot.  oh yeah, and of course the 2 fucking guys that had the most chips and the ones I wanted to call, I beat, but I cant beat the 2 idiots who are just flat out playing bingo for the hell of it. 

all bitching aside, I came back after that and ended up leaving with $750, with me being in for $400 after about 5 hours of play. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

I'm terrible at poker, but if he just called preflop, i don't know how you are behind here.

I'm not great at poker but what's calling a value bet there?

Therein lies the rub.

There’s virtually no way I’m behind (value bet!), but there’s nothing he’d call with either (defensive call!)

I snap call and he snap folds and laughs at my snap call

$2/5
MP makes it $25. CO and BTN call. I raise to $125 in SB w AhAd. Only MP calls. $300 pot

QcJcTs. Good grief. What can I do? He has every bad hand for me and is going to put me all in.

If I go out, I’m seeing 5 fucking cards!

I preemptive jam $685 and he looks disgusted. He calls and we hold on 8d 3d run out. Ship it!

Must have been KK because literally his entire range hit that gd flop.

This game will kill me.

2x pot shoving seems like the worst option.

You don’t give him any chance to bluff with a worse hand. I also can’t think of many hands you beat that can call. Maybe KK, maybe ATcc like Aus said, or maaaaaaybe a pair+OESD. Depends on reads on opponent.

Why not check or maybe bet small?

I ended up +$1400 in three hours so I decided to head home early before punting it.

Having time to think it through, there were a lot more hands in his range. He’s one of the stronger $5/10 players that comes to $2/5 and leverages their skills/bankroll to outplay you post flop. He can be a bit wider than the avg player.

I think his preflop calling range is ATs+ KQs AQo+ 88-QQ

I’m losing to AKs (2), AKo (6), TT-QQ (9) = 17 combos that will call

I’m ahead of AcTc (1), AsQs (1), KQs (3), AQo (5), 99 (6), KK (6)= 22 combos that will call

I’m ahead of AsTs-AsJs (2), 88 (6) that won’t call

Maybe not as terrible as I initially thought.

any chance in your mind that he called $125 with ATcc?

He absolutely would call $100 to see at least a $300 flop. He’d see my range as 88+, AQs+, AKo, which isn’t great for him w ATs, BUT he’d value his position over me and the two callers behind were not great players

2x pot shoving seems like the worst option.

You don’t give him any chance to bluff with a worse hand. I also can’t think of many hands you beat that can call. Maybe KK, maybe ATcc like Aus said, or maaaaaaybe a pair+OESD. Depends on reads on opponent.

Why not check or maybe bet small?

Super wet board I can’t bet small. Has to be $200 min, imo.

I played a 1/2 game a few weeks ago that was playing more like a 2/5 game. I had about $400. There were a few stacks over $1,000. One guy had over $3,000, and he was on the button.

I'm UTG with K-K. Raise to $30 and get five callers. SB called so I'm second to act.

Flop was A-Q-10, no flush draws. Is that ever a bet?

I check, and it checked around.

Turn was an A. Should I have bet? I checked, and it checked around.

River was a 4. I check, button bets $100, SB raises to $300, I fold.

I would have called that $100 bet all day, but my fold to the $300 raise was correct. Guy showed pocket fours.

Did I play this hand correctly?

I would sometimes bet the turn but otherwise yes IMO. Betting ace high flops with KK into 5 people is just burning money. We would love to see a free or cheap turn esp since we also have the gutshot.

Checking/betting turn is really close and mostly depends on player tendencies in your game. For example if BTN is in the hand and is one of those guys who could never let it check through twice better to check call his bet.

Somewhat depends on if we have observant opponents who are thinking about what you would have.

I would never slowplay QQ or TT on this board. The combo of gutters being out there combined with getting paid by an ace is too high.

AA we can occasionally risk the slowplay because of the difficulty of getting called because only one ace is left.

I would occasionally slowplay KJ because we aren’t at risk of being drawn out.

We can check AK, AJ, KK, JJ as pot control hands, which all have a chance to improve to the nuts but currently are one pair on a coordinated board in a six way pot.

• Like 1