2019 Poker run gooder or die thread

AUS-97HORN

29 left, paying 24, $11k up top. Goes 11k, jam 118k. I look down at AA and jam 210. He has QQ and just flops a queen no problem.

Double post. But hey not like me having double avg stack on the bubble would be a great spot or anything. Just can’t ever have one thing be good in life.

250ish entries?

219 entries. So I got AA last hand before final table, first hand of final table, AA again. I go 35k, 2 calls. 863r, BB donks 60k, I call, other guy calls. Turn 5 BB 100k I jam both call. They have JJ and Q8 and we hold!

3 hands later I get AA again, open, guy jams 300k and I call, he has QQ and we hold again.

Guy jams JJ, I call AT and we flop an ace but jack turns.

We get down to 5 handed with one larger stack (1.6M) 3 of us about 800-900, and one 300k. We do an ICM chop, but then each pitch in $200 so we are playing for $1000 plus the trophy plus Beats headphones. My share was $5900.

After that, it goes 60k, call, guy jams AJ I jam AQ QT889 runout. Same guy beat my QThh with A5 on AJ7hh, beat my AA with QQ allin pre, beat my AT with JJ on A hi flop, and my AQ with AJ with Q window. Jesus Christ!

Then other guy jams 18 bigs on the button, I call QQ he has 22. Clean flop, clean turn, 2 river. Unreal.

I jam 33 over a raise he calls A8 and flops an 8. Out 5th. A guy did also pay me $120 to take $235 extra on my payout because he didn’t want a tax form. Luckily I lose enough that I’m not worried about the tax form we got receipts motherfucker!!

All in all can’t complain. Some gross beats but won a couple key flips and had a nice sunrun getting AA three times in an orbit, getting allin all 3 and winning all 3.

Durant Tuesday!

• Like 4

Thx!  Very interesting spot came up with 22 left.

After losing the AA to QQ hand, I was kind of "ICM locked" to be careful until making the money.  28 left, paying 24, so busting as like the 19th biggest stack really sucks.  

We had just gotten into the money, and now the goal becomes being more aggressive to accumulate chips to get to the final table. There was a small pay jump from 22nd to 21st.

Playing 7 handed, I get ATo UTG+1 with 93k and levels of 3k/6k/6k. It feels like slightly too much to jam, and folding is just mehhh (I would fold this spot if there were 25-28 players left).  I decide to open to 14k, with the thought that it may actually look super strong for a 15BB stack to open instead of jam. Button calls with a 15 BB stack, SB calls off maybe 22-23, and then BB who is an excellent player jams 25 BB or so. I can call 69 to win 127 which is super tempting, especially given that payouts are flattish until the final table. 

I ultimately feel she is strong and not squeezing, and my remaining stack does still have value, and to be patient and fold. I heard her at break mention she had AK. So I could have been in as a 70-30 dog, likely cashing just over $400, so made over $5k by laying down.

• Like 1

My boneheaded play of the day.

100/200 w 20k chips each

UTG makes it 500 and UTG+1 calls. I make it 1800 w JJ. Only they call. 4900 pot

We’re just in level 2 so I’m really focused on the players, trying to learn their tendencies etc.

Qh9h8h. I intensely watch them as they both slow check. I glance at board and think “that’s not great for me” and just check.

7h. Again, they both hesitate and then check. I look at board and think “ugh, look out for Ah or Kh and check.

River comes out and table “ooooohs” but I’m watching the players. They quick check and I look at board to see Th. Thinking we’re all chopping I flip my JJ and one is the fucking Jh. I just checked the fucking 6 card straight flush and then had to suffer the indignity of the floor coming over to tell me the rule like I’m a total noob.

• Like 1

Weird hand in tourney. 400/800/800. I (25k) open EP to 2k w QQ.

Young white dude (60k) who has been kicking my ass pops it to 6500 on BTN. Old Asian guy (90k) who has quietly built a stack wakes up in SB and makes it 16k.

Both of them have been solid all day.

You?

Weird hand in tourney. 400/800/800. I (25k) open EP to 2k w QQ.

Young white dude (60k) who has been kicking my ass pops it to 6500 on BTN. Old Asian guy (90k) who has quietly built a stack wakes up in SB and makes it 16k.

Both of them have been solid all day.

You?

I mean, getting 30 BB in with QQ is rarely too bad, but I kind of feel folding here, especially if neither has been out of line. Old man action there screams bladed.

Bah!

Young white dude from QQ hand opens to 3k. Only I call in BB w ATdd.

Ah3c4c. I check, he 3500, I jam and he tank calls w AJo. We can’t catch up and out...

We had 20ish bigs to start this hand? If so, just super standard spot. If rainbow flop I slightly prefer just calling with plan of not folding. Get em tomorrow.

I folded QQ. Young guy tank jams. Old guy tank calls. Both flip AKo and joke about how bad their play was. I watch from the sideline as the board comes up blank and then just steam for 30 mins.

Haha I was so close to posting something along these exact lines. Amazing how a million times out of a million when this happens the board runs clean. Can’t ever just toss an ace up there to reward the fold. Still think it’s the right play esp given that they are like haha wow AK we are so loose and bad.

So what is the board's personal policy on dealer fuckup hands?

lemme explain.... no that might take too long, lemme sum up.

Through no fault of your own, the dealer flat out fucks up and flips up one of your dealt cards. 

That exposed card could be good or bad, doesnt matter, but the replacement card that comes makes your hand either more playable than the hand you were going to be dealt anyway, or just as playable.

I ask because for me at least, I am almost always folding in this situation unless I am just short stacked and can get shove equity. Especially if the exposed card takes away 1 of my outs. 

With me, with multiple hyper painful reminders, many of my largest losses, cash or tourney come from these "cracked" hands.  

I know you have to play each hand as dealt, and maybe my beatdown hand scars are too ingrained,  Ive gone from getting A2o UTG to getting AA instead, making a large bet UTG, and getting shoved on and losing a massive pot. Another time initially having T90,  getting JTs instead, and flopping a TT9 board  only to lose to QJ when the K hits on the river.  And another one I can remember is getting  5-X. and replacing the X with another 5, flopping middle set, and getting stacked to the top set on the same board.

So I really try to avoid playing those hands, unless I am in a tourney and if my new hand has large equity, play it and hope for the best.

There is a story behind this request, and I will tell it once I see if I am just being a moron or if anyone else avoids the karma of those cracked hands.

I'm confused. You're saying the dealer flips over one of your cards when dealing right? So, they give you the burn card and make the exposed card the new burn right? So, you just have a regular hand again?

Why would you play any differently? Except for the fact that you know one card is not coming out, just like everyone else though. 

Edited by CBT
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I’m almost always folding when one of my dealt cards gets exposed and it’s probably not for any legit reason. Now in the case of getting dealt AA I’m not gonna fold pre, but that hasn’t happened to me yet.

so you're on the button and your hand goes from T2 to TT...and you're mucking? 

• Like 2

had a very goofy session last night.  Sit down in Seat 3.  There are 4 regs to my direct left and 4 absolute rubes to my right.

I obviously include myself in the rube group.

example of rubes. 

guy in seat 9 literally takes both his cards off the table and lifts them up for the dealer, himself, anyone behind him and occasionally seat 8  (another moron, who angle shoots him constantly) to see. 

guy in seat 1 will bet the river every single time, no matter what position he is in, but especially when he is first to act and bluffing- he always bets $25, its like the most obvious tell I've ever seen.  Pot could be $40, $140, $240, its still a $25 bet if hes bluffing... he  rebuys 3 times.  (but he does win a really large $250+pot with AK, no pair and making that same $25 bet and getting called by the last guy left who had AQ)

Seat 2 I only play with for about 5 hands until he gets replaced by another soft player.

Seat 8 is a true wild man (WM) but I guess plays all the time at Texas Cardhouse.   But hes making it $26 to go pre flop with 78o, or QTs, or 92o.   But he makes it $16 to go if hes got AK, decent pair, or suited broadway.    I sit down and about 5 hands in I get to see this hand between seat 8 ($475) and seat 2 ($585).     WM makes it $13 to go, and gets 1 caller.  seat 2 is dealer, and makes it $50.  WM takes a while and calls, other folds.  flop comes A45 rainbow.  WM checks, Dealer bets $50. WM insta calls. turn is a 7. WM checks, Dealer bets $100.  WM waits a while, and makes it a very odd, $212.   Dealer shoves quickly, gets snap called by WM.   WM has 56o, Dealer has.... 99   and hes cussing up a storm because he knew  WM didnt have an ace.  lot o chips to WM.  very next hand Seat 2 shoves $110 into a pot of $5, gets called by the SB, who has AK and holds against AQ of seat 2 who gets up and leaves.

WM angle shoots the shit out of seat 9 a little later when WM limps from SB,  seat 9 picks up cards, and throws out a $25 chip.  It is really obvious seat 9 didnt actually mean to raise, he was just so clueless he thought he needed to put more money in.  WM who I know for a fact saw seat 9's hand, makes it $150 to go seat 9 only has $130.. and calls with A7o.  its actually a good call because WM has K6dd... but the flush hits and WM takes the pot.

I win a very small $20 pot in the first hour, and play no other voluntary hands because all I have is crap. and I want to get involved against the guys to my right, but its $20-30 to go each hand and I am getting J2o, 34s, 59s, etc, and OOP almost everytime.  Down to dead even when I get K4dd on the button and UTG had made it $15, got 3 callers.   Its worth a call here, because I dont think many of the regs are raising light due to UTG being pretty good, so I call, and so does the rest of the table.  KQQ flop with 2 hearts. Checks around to me, I bet $25. mostly as a "am I good here bet" only UTG calls, turn is a blank low he checks again, I bet $35, he calls.... I am pretty much shutting down after that. He could easily be slow playing the queen. and any K is kicking my ass.  River comes Ah.  and UTG checks.   I see absolutely no reason to bet here. any random Ace just got there, any Q is calling any bet, and if hes got a K, we are chopping.    I check back and hes got... 5-7hh.  for the river flush.   I rebuy for another $100 table max is $300, so I pocket the extra $25 for later.

play another 20 minutes and have $302 when this hand happens.   I am button, there is a $5 straddle. and WM makes in $26.  He gets called by seat 9 (who is paying any ace like its AK or AA). Seat 1 calls.  and I look down at AKo.   Normally I am just smooth calling here, or making it $75-100.  But I had seen WM make so many bad calls with large bets, I took the chance that none of the regs had a big hand, and I shove.  expecting  WM to give up, and get called by seat 9.  Seat 1 wasnt a worry he was never calling the $26 as 2nd caller with any large pair, and a small pair has to fold to the 4 bet shove.   instead, WM calls, seat 9 tanks and folds, along with seat 1.   WM immediately asks if we want to run it 1 or 2.  I say 2, and then he changes his story saying he will only do 1 or 3 boards.    Im a bit flustered by this, but fuck it, hes crazy enough to call with K6dd, if he wins 1 of 3 we are still making money.

So 3 boards it is.    cant remember the exact boards other than KJJxx on the top board T9xxx on middle and T9Kxx on the 3rd.    unless hes got JT/J9, or pockets J/T/9 Im winning 2 of the boards.   He shows AQo  and I scoop.   Win a final large hand against Seat 9 and 1 where 1 made it $7 pre, whole table basically called, I have QJo, flop is KT9, 2 diamonds.   Seat 9 shoves for $47, seat 1 shoves for $51, I call the 51 everyone else clears out, a 3rd diamond hits on the turn, but river is a blank.   Seat 9 shows.... 3x3d.  Seat 1 has AxAd.   I take the pot.

up exactly $400 for the night and the table breaks because seats 9,1,4, & 6 all get up after that hand.   so do I

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CBT said:

I'm confused. You're saying the dealer flips over one of your cards when dealing right? So, they give you the burn card and make the exposed card the new burn right? So, you just have a regular hand again?

Why would you play any differently? Except for the fact that you know one card is not coming out, just like everyone else though. 

exactly.   exposed card replaced by burn card.  and now the new hand is the same and/or slightly better than before.

I take by your question, you are playing the new hand most of the time.  which is fine, thats the point of my question, I want to see if I am just too worried about those hands due to poker karma in the past.

Gotcha. So, it's just a SSS issue. I feel you, for the longest time I seemed to have an aversion to certain hands in certain situations because of previous history/results. Just gotta remember that it's just as likely to help you as it is fuck you. 

“THE TEN OF DEATH” staring Lurch

Last nights Aria daily.

400/800/800

I (15k) open to 3k UTG w KK. BTN and BB call. 10.2k pot.

QT4 rainbow. Chk to me, I jam. BTN tank folds. BB (100k) has the pot spread so he can count. Says “I think I’m supposed to call” and does w T8o. BTN says he has one of his tens.

Q. Kills his two pair out.

T. Dead

Today’s Wynn daily. 5th hand in.

100/100

BTN just got crippled in hand 4 after kicking me in the nuts in hand 3. He has (my) 1700 left.

BTN opens to 200. SB and I call w A6o. 600 pot.

AT6. Got em! Chk chk, UTG goes 500. Call call. 2100 pot.

6. Bingo! Chk chk, UTG shoves his last 1k. Sadly SB folds, but I happily call w the boat. UTG curses as he flips QT.

T.

~fin~

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

exactly.   exposed card replaced by burn card.  and now the new hand is the same and/or slightly better than before.

I take by your question, you are playing the new hand most of the time.  which is fine, thats the point of my question, I want to see if I am just too worried about those hands due to poker karma in the past.

1.  Poker karma?  You have done nothing to offend the poker gods here.  Dealer fucked up.  Not your fault and nothing you would get smited for doing.  

2.  It's simple math.  You play it exactly like you would have played any hand as if those were the first two cards dealt to you with no fuck up.  

3.  Isn't it a misdeal if this happens on the button?

11 hours ago, Lurch said:

You and anyone else paying attention has one extra detail in the hand. Now play it as normal given the extra info. How the info was obtained and your past experience is completely irrelevant.

Exactly.

I'd only auto-fold if the upturned card was a 5 and I had 55, so my odds of flopping a set were slashed, or something similar.  But I'm certainly not folding a hand I'd otherwise play because the dealer made an irrelevant mistake.

Edited by TexArcher