2019 Poker run gooder or die thread

AUS-97HORN

I didn't say a word, I let the dealer do the talking. And everytime she won a hand I made sure to say nice hand and I definitely loosened my range preflop when she called.

There's a guy who I see up there a lot, a retired doctor with two much free time and money. The old lady is his wife. I had never seen her play big o before, she always stuck to hold em. When they got to the table the empty seats were to my left and right. I didn't offer to move because, 1 he's a giant dick, and 2, I like seat 4 the best and he ended up on my left and her on my right. 

He's the guy I mentioned before that was berating the player that was dumping thousands. He lets out big sighs when people make big raises, and mutters things like "I guess we're not playing poker" when someone raises a lot.  

The one thing that did annoy the fuck out of me is after the hand I scooped on her with the aces boat he said to her in a voice loud enough for everyone at the table to hear: "He's only played one hand in the last 30, if he's betting big he has it and you should avoid him" Probably didn't affect much action, and most of the players already realized what type of player I am, but there were 2-3 players at the table that I would have prefered not to hear that.

A few months ago, I was playing at the second table and he was at the first table and doing his normal shit. Unfortunately for him he was sitting next to a guy who likes to get hammered and really does not give a fuck about money. Drunk dude was berating him constantly, slow rolled him, would jump up and scream shit like "In your face motherfucker" and slam down the winning hand. I thought the old man's head was going to explode. The floor and dealer let it continue due to who it was aimed at. Everyone in the room except the old man was laughing their asses off. 

Back at it, first loop, me in BB

AhKhAc7s. 4 callers I make it $25 and all call.

KsKd5h. I panic. What the fuck. Check around

7d. No clue. Check around.

Ts. Check to BTN who makes it $75. SB calls and I hesitantly join. BTN just has QQ and I take it down!

I suck. Moooooaaaarrrrr

3 to me on BTN. I make it $25 w As6sAh6c

BB makes its $85. MP calls. I make it $400 something. Both jam and we’re all all in.

653. Yea? I show my set.

K. BB shows his set of kings. Ooooooof.

6 MOTHER FUCKERS!

My neighbor tells me this is when he leaves, so I do.

Net $950 in about 30 mins

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lurch said:

Back at it, first loop, me in BB

AhKhAc7s. 4 callers I make it $25 and all call.

KsKd5h. I panic. What the fuck. Check around

7d. No clue. Check around.

Ts. Check to BTN who makes it $75. SB calls and I hesitantly join. BTN just has QQ and I take it down!

I suck. Moooooaaaarrrrr

check on flop is ok, no one is going to call unless they have a K or 7.

turn - you got the nuts now, it's time to bet, lets get that pot going up! I'd probably bet $50, to help make it look like I have 86 or a flush draw and want to boost the pot, hopefully people call.

river - you got the second nuts. Only KT beats you. I'd pot or close to pot it. If someone jams over the top they have KT or K7 and I'd base my call on body language and player history. 

On 10/28/2019 at 3:43 PM, Lurch said:

In our room, the dealers have them for the bad beat drop only. They never get in player stacks. I know in Daytona and Orange City they do play, and it’s annoying as fuck. I burn them in blinds asap

In Palm Springs, that's what they use.  They will color you up to a $25 chip if you want, but they have a small amount of $1 chips and just $2 chips.  Fuckking maddening..

On 10/28/2019 at 11:49 AM, blacklab said:

a whole lot of 2/4 or 4/8 limit going on?

They have a 4/8 table and seem to get two tables.  But they also have two tables of 1-3 and one table of 2-5 so hell if I know why the use $2 chips for all of them..

$2/2 w $230

Three limpers to me. I make it $15 from HJ w 8d8s. BB, UTG and MP call. $60 pot

Jh 8h 6d. Checks to me and I cbet $30. Only UTG ($350 behind, white 40ish tourist that has played solid in short time at table) calls. $120 pot.

5s. Checks to me and I make it $75. He smooth calls.

7s. He bets $100, virtually putting me all-in.

What do you do?

1 hour ago, Party_Taco said:

I think you gotta call there - Would put him on overs, probably cowboys, but I also got destroyed tonight due to impatience and not catching a pair over JJ in 2.5 hours of play, so wtf do i know...

I agree on the call though I hate the donk bet.   Not a lot of 4's likely in his range sans Ah4h.   All J-9 and 10-9's are in I think and maybe Ah9h.  Could be 99 and being sticky.  Ultimate  you risk that against the AJ combos that play that hand similarly and the missed flush draws and I think the $100 call is worth it odds wise.

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

$2/2 w $230

Three limpers to me. I make it $15 from HJ w 8d8s. BB, UTG and MP call. $60 pot

Jh 8h 6d. Checks to me and I cbet $30. Only UTG ($350 behind, white 40ish tourist that has played solid in short time at table) calls. $120 pot.

5s. Checks to me and I make it $75. He smooth calls.

7s. He bets $100, virtually putting me all-in.

What do you do?

Ugh.  It's probably T9.  I call, hoping it's a badly played 66 or a busted flush draw bluff.  It doesn't have to be right very often for $100 call on a $370 pot.

I think you gotta call there - Would put him on overs, probably cowboys, but I also got destroyed tonight due to impatience and not catching a pair over JJ in 2.5 hours of play, so wtf do i know...

You think he probably limp-called KK four ways pre? I definitely don’t. He likely has a 9 but wjth the busted flush draw we prob have to call but we are losing well over 50% of the time IMO. If the river put up the 4 straight and 3 flush and this guy donks we can probably fold though I usually spite call anyway.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

Got invited to play in the live stream from APP tomorrow playing Big O. Starts at 5pm central.

Hopefully not a Mike Postel situation. I did watch the other day and they don't show the hole cards on the stream.

I think they have a show 1 card rule (on a bet non-called hand) to help make the stream more watchable. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

Sam, the woman is quite possibly the craziest female I have ever played against.   Not sure how she makes money.

Matt, sitting in the 9 (or 8 depending on the fact its only an 8 handed game) seat is a reasonably solid regular in Big O, holdem and Omaha. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN

$210 at $2/2

Three limps to me. I make it $15 in CO w K2dd. BTN calls, UTG, UTG+1, MP all call. I’m obv shutting down unless I hammer flop. $75 pot.

9d 6d 5s. UTG checks. UTG+1 (also $200 behind) starts to check but then changes mind and bets $35. MP ($500) calls. I decide to just call (?). BTN then fires out $150. All fold back to me. I shove my $160 (to win $500, 32%). I assume I have 9 outs (36%) but maybe 7 (28%). Reasonable call/shove?

Js.
Kh.

He folds in disgust at my King.

Two limpers to me. I make it $15 in SB w AdJd. BB and limpers call. $60 pot

Td9h7s. I chk, BB makes it $40. Second limper calls, I call. $180 pot.

8d. I chk, BB ($300 behind) makes it $60. Other guy ($200 behind) calls.

Call or Jam? I cover both

Both hands are close. I like the K2 jam/calloff much more if we have Axdd just because we are so solidly fucked if he has the nut draw. Plenty reasonable tho. Deliciously won with the king lol.

On the AJdd one, we can freeroll a jack by jamming but is the jack really folding to a river jam on a diamond? And if we jam they may fold a flush draw that we instead stack by calling. I lean call for those reasons.