How many people are using "fluid" mode?

immamac

Using Fluid Mode?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Using Fluid Mode?

• yes
    • no
    • WTF IS THAT?

I'm curious, because I switched to it almost immediately - it has dramatically changed the way I browse the board, it's a similar feel to the old "new posts" on the other site, but it filters out boards that you don't care about (like Politics etc).

What is this called, where you can filter the new posts? 

273935-A3-BE53-43-C1-8-A90-718-F38-A67-A

Because it has a couple issues. One, it doesn’t remove the read threads. Two, when you post on a board after using that feature, it defaults to only showing you the new posts from that specific board the next time you use the feature. So you have to re-check all the boxes of the other boards you want to see.

That probably doesn’t make much sense, PM me if you care. 

One more request... Can we get it to show who has replied most recently instead of the OP? When the same 10 people start the majority of threads, the avatars get annoying quickly. 

Much better when you’re viewing your subscribed threads that you see the recent replies. 

On 1/8/2019 at 4:05 PM, spystud13 said:

When you post on a board after using this feature, it defaults to only showing you the new posts from that specific board the next time you use the feature. So you have to re-check all the boxes of the other boards you want to see.

This still happens every time, but at least there’s a quicker workaround. Clicking on Sports/Entertainment/Other checks all the boxes underneath each forum, then you only have to un-check the ones you don’t want. Still annoying, but slightly less so. 

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:40 PM, bernorange said:

I read this.  I still don't know wtf that is or what view I am in.  I do miss the "what's new" from the old site.  

Edit: Never mind.  I finally figured it out.

Edited by PhillyD
found it

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:27 PM, immamac said:

that sucks, I'll look into why it does that - was just wondering if people used it this way or not. I haven't had any trouble with it auto selecting that forum after posting, but then again I don't filter any boards out. 

Situation is fluid.  $9.95 please.

On 1/8/2019 at 9:37 AM, immamac said:

I'm curious, because I switched to it almost immediately - it has dramatically changed the way I browse the board, it's a similar feel to the old "new posts" on the other site, but it filters out boards that you don't care about (like Politics etc).

I care about all the boards.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 4:05 PM, spystud13 said:

What is this called, where you can filter the new posts? 

273935-A3-BE53-43-C1-8-A90-718-F38-A67-A

Because it has a couple issues. One, it doesn’t remove the read threads. Two, when you post on a board after using that feature, it defaults to only showing you the new posts from that specific board the next time you use the feature. So you have to re-check all the boxes of the other boards you want to see.

That probably doesn’t make much sense, PM me if you care. 

On 1/8/2019 at 4:11 PM, spystud13 said:

Proof. After I posted that ^, hit the Surly Horns logo in the top center, & only get the new posts from this board now instead of the others I had selected. 

507-DC58-D-4134-4-B82-AA46-F9-C1-E197278

Any fixes yet? Still resets to just one board. 

On 1/8/2019 at 9:37 AM, immamac said:

What the fuck you mean .....(like Politics)? 

• 2 weeks later...