Texas vs. Oklahoma State - 6:00pm on ESPNU

Pancho

2 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

I don’t know what to expect from this team.  

If we stifle them from deep we will win. OSU is not a very good team, but they are not half bad from beyond the arc. the way i see it that's the difference in the game- OSU's three point shooting. 

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

We won two straight in conference for the first time in 2 and a half years. Let's make it three.

We haven't start 3-0 in conference since....

That time we ascended got all the way up to #3, lost 3 of our last 5, got shit blasted by KU in the Big 12 title game and ended the season with Rick's lizard lips gif.

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That time we ascended got all the way up to #3, lost 3 of our last 5, got shit blasted by KU in the Big 12 title game and ended the season with Rick's lizard lips gif.

In that case, let's just hope NCAA Tournament-qualified refs have learned how to count to five.

Febres has really been coming on as an all-around player, instead of a guy who just stands at the 3 point line and shoots with mixed success has been big for this team. We're still a little low on playmakers, but with Febres improving and also Ramey getting more and more comfortable as the season wears on, we could be in a good spot by the end of the year. 

I liked our lineups against WVU that had Ramey and Coleman on the floor together. Sine Roach has been a bit of a mess, those two guys are our best combination of playmakers that keep the offense productive. 

Also, the Big 12 is looking softer than expected this year with teams like WVU and KSU struggling due to injuries and other issues. So far, we've done a great job capitalizing against struggling teams. Hopefully we can keep that up tonight. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

10.gif

I think the difference the past few games has been Coleman starting to find a consistency groove and reducing some of DO and Roach's time on the floor to keep them fresh, hungry, motivated, etc...  Fewer stupid 3's from DO and Roach has also been a big key.  When Coleman, DO, AND Roach were all wallowing, we sucked.  We can still win when two of those three are mentally checked out since Febres, Ramey, Long and Hamm seem to be playing fairly well. 

The injury to Simms is a non-factor since he hasn't really produced boards or points all year. 

I wish someone could coach up Hepa a bit more and remind him know how tall he is so he might attempt a few more options on offense and improve his positioning on defense.  He's seemed on the decline a bit, but still seems positive and energetic.  I hate to see him waste away into a one-trick, predictable 3-point shooting pony.

Things look a lot better than they did a couple weeks ago.  A win in a trap game in Stillwater where Okie Lite has owned us with even inferior talent (on paper) moreso than not would be a good sign.

I agree we need our guards to ratchet up the three point defense a notch or two in this one.

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Febres has really been coming on as an all-around player, instead of a guy who just stands at the 3 point line and shoots with mixed success has been big for this team. We're still a little low on playmakers, but with Febres improving and also Ramey getting more and more comfortable as the season wears on, we could be in a good spot by the end of the year. 

I liked our lineups against WVU that had Ramey and Coleman on the floor together. Sine Roach has been a bit of a mess, those two guys are our best combination of playmakers that keep the offense productive. 

Also, the Big 12 is looking softer than expected this year with teams like WVU and KSU struggling due to injuries and other issues. So far, we've done a great job capitalizing against struggling teams. Hopefully we can keep that up tonight. 

I’m not sold on this team in any way and thinking we are catching teams when they are down from injuries.  Good for us we are winning but I just don’t see an offense just seems like random stuff.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Started that conference season 11-0 with 10 double digit victories.  Including a double digit victory at Kansas.  

Just now, Horn80 said:

I’m not sold on this team in any way and thinking we are catching teams when they are down from injuries.  Good for us we are winning but I just don’t see an offense just seems like random stuff.  

I'm right there with you. We've been fortunate in who we've played, but I do like our offense the best with both Ramey and Coleman on the floor.  It leads to the least amount of pointless perimeter passes and weak screens.  This offense still devolves to what it always has with Shaka way too often. 

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

I'm right there with you. We've been fortunate in who we've played, but I do like our offense the best with both Ramey and Coleman on the floor.  It leads to the least amount of pointless perimeter passes and weak screens.  This offense still devolves to what it always has with Shaka way too often. 

Agree about Ramey and Coleman.  I don’t care for when Elijah Mitrou-Long is on the court.  

27 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Really?

yes. in particular he drives to the rack when there are two defenders in his way and then instead of kicking it he often dribbles it back out or takes a tough, contested shot. i've also seen him pass up shots he should take to do this. it seems to me like his game is trying to create off the fly. 

3 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

With apologies to our resident OSU fans, the Cowboys are absolutely terrible. Away game or not, Texas has no excuse for losing this, which means we likely will.

Hoping I'm wrong.

It’s the picture perfect Shaka shit fest loss. Horrible team on the road with 350 people present. 

55 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

yes. in particular he drives to the rack when there are two defenders in his way and then instead of kicking it he often dribbles it back out or takes a tough, contested shot. i've also seen him pass up shots he should take to do this. it seems to me like his game is trying to create off the fly. 

this has been on display prominently tonight. he's already done it three times. one time he drove aimlessly and then took an ill advised step back (his missed), another time he got bailed out with an iffy foul call vs OSU, and just now he drive and then picked up his dribble with no plan and nobody open. he did have one drove where he kicked to a streaking teammate which was good, but 3 to 1 bad drives to good drives is a bad ratio. 

Edited by Goo Punch