Texas vs. Oklahoma State - 6:00pm on ESPNU

Pancho

18 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

I lasted to the 10min mark and shut it off. i don't even care if we win, its just boring ass basketball.

this is why it always bothers me when so many people say/believe, "if shaka gets 20 wins and a tourney bid this year he'll be safe." It's beyond wins at this point- the team is poorly coached; always has been. i don't care if every team we play is destroyed by injuries and we miraculously reach x amount of wins- we are highly recruited and poorly coached. next. 

3 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

He’s better than Boynton, Phrom, Dixon and probably on the same tier as Weber, Kruger, Drew. He’s not reaching expectations but this is a reactionary statement 

He's a better (or equivalent) tactitian than Dixon, Weber, and Kruger? You're out of your gourd. 

Edited by Braff Zacklin

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Kruger has the national player of the year and lost in the first round

And yet they're better his year without him. But, yeah, Kruger must suck, despite a long career history that suggests otherwise.

It's certainly not without precedent. Texas didn't make it past the second round with K.D., yet went to the Elite Eight the next year without him.

Please, continue to enlighten us with your acumen, Mr. Smart.

31 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

He’s better than Boynton, Phrom, Dixon and probably on the same tier as Weber, Kruger, Drew. He’s not reaching expectations but this is a reactionary statement 

no he's not. he's underperformed everywhere he's been. every VCU coach who was there within five years of Shaka's tenure was as good as/better than Shaka at VCU, and all he's done since then is recruit a bunch of top 5 classes only to finish dead last in the league. he's nowhere near Dixon, they are on different planets. Bruce Weber won the Big 10 in back to back years going 63-9 in that time. He left Illinois with a .675 career win% in the Big 10. Shaka has done absolutely nothing to compare to these coaches, aside from catching lightning in a bottle with the least deserving team to ever make the ncaa tournament. 

Edited by Goo Punch

41 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

this is why it always bothers me when so many people say/believe, "if shaka gets 20 wins and a tourney bid this year he'll be safe." It's beyond wins at this point- the team is poorly coached; always has been. i don't care if every team we play is destroyed by injuries and we miraculously reach x amount of wins- we are highly recruited and poorly coached. next. 

i want to stress this again. we could easily still win this game and be 3-0 in conference having played 5 terrible halves of basketball, and one other half of basketball where everyone not named Jase was terrible. 

Fuck a win total, we have the worst coach in the league. 

Roach rebounds he ball right underneath the basket with nobody near him and he immediately passes to someone on the three point line. That's our senior leader. Come on. Rick Barnes would have Rob Lanier and Todd Wright holding him back right now to keep him from strangling Roach. Coaching (and accountability) matters. 

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

i want to stress this again. we could easily still win this game and be 3-0 in conference having played 5 terrible halves of basketball, and one other half of basketball where everyone not named Jase was terrible. 

Stress it in the designated thread

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

we aren't winning this game.  no one can shoot tonight. If the OK state coach is smart, he'll mix in some zone when it gets under 5min.

Edited by dcar00

Just now, Goo Punch said:

Roach rebounds he ball right underneath the basket with nobody near him and he immediately passes to someone on the three point line. That's our senior leader. Come on. Rick Barnes would have Rob Lanier and Todd Wright holding him back right now to keep him from strangling Roach. Coaching (and accountability) matters. 

Not everything is on the coach. Roach is low basketball IQ player, a Barnes special....in the later years.

2 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Not everything is on the coach. Roach is low basketball IQ player, a Barnes special....in the later years.

when you never punish your players for stupid plays and they never learn that's on the coach. Roach has been with a Shaka for three years and he's the exact same player he's always been, just slightly better every year. that's poor coaching. 

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

we aren't winning this game.  no one can shoot tonight. If the OK state coach is smart, he'll mix in some zone when it gets under 5min.

yeah i doubt we win too, but the point remains that Texas could legitimately be 3-0 in about half an hour and it would not tell the story of our team at all. dreadful play. 

when you never punish your players for stupid plays and they never learn that's on the coach. Roach has been with a Shaka for three years and he's the exact same player he's always been, just slightly better every year. that's poor coaching. 

I think finishing last place in B12 demonstrated that quite well.

Most great players do the majority of the work on their own. He doesn’t want it bad enough.