Texas vs. Oklahoma State - 6:00pm on ESPNU

Pancho

Just now, Revolution512 said:

Most great players do the majority of the work on their own. He doesn’t want it bad enough. 

what are you even talking about? roach does a ton of work *on his game* on his own/with his trainer. it's in his head coach to teach him the game of basketball, and aside from slightly improving his same skill set every year his mental game essentially has not improved. that's not something that a player works at on his own, that's 100% coaching.

stop quoting literally every post i make with your lame ass defenses of shaka smart. go do that shit to any of the other dozen people in this thread who are also trashing him. 

Just now, Goo Punch said:

what are you even talking about? roach does a ton of work *on his game* on his own/with his trainer. it's in his head coach to teach him the game of basketball, and aside from slightly improving his same skill set every year his mental game essentially has not improved. that's not something that a player works at on his own, that's 100% coaching.

stop quoting literally every post i make with your lame ass defenses of shaka smart. go do that shit to any of the other dozen people in this thread who are also trashing him. 

I’m not defending Shaka at all. Not once. Just pointing out you don’t know shit as usual. 

Just now, A’Dam Psycho said:

Blaming the coach is the easy lazy critique. Weve gotten good shots all game and just been missing. It happens. They’re playing above thier heads at home after losing their first two conference games. It happens. None of this is on Smart tbh

None of this is on Smart? Good Lord.

Just now, A’Dam Psycho said:

Blaming the coach is the easy lazy critique. Weve gotten good shots all game and just been missing. It happens. They’re playing above thier heads at home after losing their first two conference games. It happens. None of this is on Smart tbh

you have to be a troll.  we suck.  OSU is playing horrible save for one guy.  they are awful.  this loss will be worse than Radford.  this shitty shooting has been going on for 3 years.  that is on the coach.

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

True, officiating has been one sided, but it shouldn't matter--Okie Lite is that bad. They will win three or four games in league this year, and we are going to give them one of those.

Yep. This team, as poorly as it’s coached, should be a one loss team. Sad we wasted this conference gimme with a real chance to get ahead at home Saturday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

sorry but this is fucking stupid.  Try to explain what they are trying to do on offense.  you can't because they don't have an idea.  

Just now, Revolution512 said:

I’m not defending Shaka at all. Not once. Just pointing out you don’t know shit as usual. 

i believe that you believe what you're saying, even though it's patently absurd. "the majority of great players improve their basketball IQ on their own." that's one of the stupidest things i've seen typed here today, and somebody just said that none of this is mess is on shaka, so the bar is pretty fucking low. 

also don't let the fact that literally nobody here has been even close to as right about this program as i have during Shaka's tenure, from player expectations to Shaka's ability to coach during his time here. just go ahead and keep pretending that's not real. 

2 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

This is like a Charlie Strong apologist mad lib with basketball words filled in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

i believe that you believe what you're saying, even though it's patently absurd. "the majority of great players improve their basketball IQ on their own." that's one of the stupidest things i've seen typed here today, and somebody just said that none of this is mess is on shaka, so the bar is pretty fucking low. 

also don't let the fact that literally nobody here has been even close to as right about this program as i have during Shaka's tenure, from player expectations to Shaka's ability to coach during his time here. just go ahead and keep pretending that's not real. 

That’s not what I said, not even close. 

Edited by Revolution512

Just now, Goo Punch said:

Actually, you're both right. Players have to work like hell to improve and most of that has to come on their own time, from their own initiative.

A coach's role is to teach and motivate in a way that provides guidance and structure to that effort.

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

We’ve gotten open threes and missed. We’ve gotten to the basket and missed layups. We’ve been out rebounded by a bad rebounding team. They’re making threes despite being a bad outside shooting team. Yes this game is not on Smart. 

troll.

3 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

sorry but this is fucking stupid.  Try to explain what they are trying to do on offense.  you can't because they don't have an idea.  

It looks to me that they’re trying to do the same shit they did against K-State and WVU. We won both of the games decisively. Did you whine then? Probably not 

7 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Actually, you're both right. Players have to work like hell to improve and most of that has to come on their own time, from their own initiative.

A coach's role is to teach and motivate in a way that provides guidance and structure to that effort.

i'm the one who earlier in the year got yelled at for saying that Roach's improvement on his game has come down to his work on his own time with his trainer. now i'm being lectured on players improving on their own time. it's very very simple:

players spend 10x more time working on their actual *game* with their trainers and in their free time than they do with their HC. The work on their *game* largely comes from work done away from the HC.

The mental game is the job of the coach. Period. Always has been, always will be. When your players failed to improve their basketball IQ year after year after year, that's coaching. Look at Shaka's multi year players- Roach, DO, Sims, EDJ,   Young, etc. None of them were punished for their bad habits (until Roach about two weeks ago), and none of them improved their mental game. they all made the same mental mistakes their entire career. to say that the blame for this falls on these players is, as i've already said, patently absurd. 

Edited by Goo Punch