Can we haz option to delete “commentator” audio ?

El Squared

Watched Texas/Ga w/ sound off entire regulation and it was an awesome experience, save the lack of crowd noise/ reaction.

Would love to be able to hear the game w/o the colonic babble and infuriating spin and agendas but hear the crowd. 

Commentators do not add to the viewing experience of most games. Yes I like Craig Way but it’s not usually synced to the game for Texas games.

I would consider paying a small fee to scrub out sportscaster dribble.

My comments are for all CFB in general.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NowThis said:

any sport i watch, the crowd noise overwhelms the announcer mics. Sometimes even when i want to hear them, it's a strain.  Not that i hate announcers as much as you guys do. I'd say the vast majority are acceptable. 

Yep, seems that all networks have turned the crowd noise way up. It is annoying as hell. 

44 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Watched Texas/Ga w/ sound off entire regulation and it was an awesome experience, save the lack of crowd noise/ reaction.

Would love to be able to hear the game w/o the colonic babble and infuriating spin and agendas but hear the crowd. 

Commentators do not add to the viewing experience of most games. Yes I like Craig Way but it’s not usually synced to the game for Texas games.

31 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

The ESPN app has a ton of viewing options. I can't recall exactly but I think there's one that allows you to just watch and has audience sound. 

The All 22 version had just crowd noise and the ability to see everything develop. The only issue was lack of replay and they didn’t change the angle for the FG kicks. But I enjoyed watching that way otherwise.

48 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Can you still unplug the center channel of surround sound? That used to work.

This. I've done this for two years and it is glorious. Best/only way to watch football now. My surround system funnels all crowd noise to the 4 outside speakers and commentary to the middle. Unplug the middle and it sounds like your in the stadium. It truly changes a broadcast without having to hear color announcers. Troy Aikman the other day said, "Yes, Joe. They really need to pick up this first down or they'll have to punt." Man, thanks for those great insights into the game, Troy. 😐

Edited by Droopy
Wanted to add my setup
  • Like 1

I loved watching the "sounds of the game" broadcast for the championship game last night.  Made it so much more enjoyable to not have to listen to Herbie and Fowler drone on and on.  Also, no commercials!  I noticed that the game felt less hyped than a standard TV broadcast and I really liked it.  The play on the field is enough excitement and you don't need anyone else telling you how great the game is.  I was sad that there were no replays at first, but I appreciated that it made me pay more attention.  There was this calm for the whole broadcast that you just don't get from TV announcers and the bumper music.  That was a fantastic way to watch the game.

2 hours ago, El Squared said:

1546999265689.gif

I have turned the sound off then synced up the radio. Works OK.

ESPN app online sometimes has these awesome alternate cameras where the entire game is broadcast through the skycam, and there's only crowd noise. Awesome for watching the play unfold from a better angle (behind the offense) and way better for breaks - no commercials. It just shows the crowd and captures the noise during breaks.

Maybe petition CDC on twatter to broadcast the skycam though LHN every game. That would be awesome. I'd actually figure out a way to pay for LHN though playstation or whatever if I could get the games all like this. No commentator. No replays. No commercials.

aggys best loss of the decade! Part of the 15-0 legacy! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zavala said:

1546999265689.gif

ESPN app online sometimes has these awesome alternate cameras where the entire game is broadcast through the skycam, and there's only crowd noise. Awesome for watching the play unfold from a better angle (behind the offense) and way better for breaks - no commercials. It just shows the crowd and captures the noise during breaks.

Maybe petition CDC on twatter to broadcast the skycam though LHN every game. That would be awesome. I'd actually figure out a way to pay for LHN though playstation or whatever if I could get the games all like this. No commentator. No replays. No commercials.

I’d like that right up until I want to watch replays from different angles. That nifty yellow line is missing, too.

5 hours ago, El Squared said:

I would absolutely love this on all sports.

I don't need to hear the wind jammer motherfuckers.

2 hours ago, Zavala said:

1546999265689.gif

i haven't been to a game in years, but for about a decade it was all done by thick wires over the field. Now it's a drone right?  Are there pics of this drone in action?  Having a drone with audio capture would be ideal. 

15 minutes ago, NowThis said:

i haven't been to a game in years, but for about a decade it was all done by thick wires over the field. Now it's a drone right?  Are there pics of this drone in action?  Having a drone with audio capture would be ideal. 

They are still wired.

All I want is some harmony between the Skycam (cuts off at least one outside receiver) and last night’s High Skycam. I want all-22 where jersey numbers are visible. Every cotdamn program films from behind the LOS, whether it’s Hi-Pods in the endzone or a camera booth in the scoreboards. Throw an ESPN cam there with them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

They are still wired.

All I want is some harmony between the Skycam (cuts off at least one outside receiver) and last night’s High Skycam. I want all-22 where jersey numbers are visible. Every cotdamn program films from behind the LOS, whether it’s Hi-Pods in the endzone or a camera booth in the scoreboards. Throw an ESPN cam there with them.

Hopefully thats the future. I have never done all-22 but what I would dig is about 6 different cameras, and the choice to switch between them. That way if you wanted to simultaneously watch the broadcast with the replays/stats ect you can on a different screen. Then your main screen you can just have game atmosphere sound and switch to whatever cameras you want.

surprised commentator streams haven't taken off, seems like an easy cash cow. get some smart minds in the room that are going to watch the game anyway, record them on a stream, let folks listen to them online... let the listener set the stream delay. i mean i already read surly and stream reddit comments when watching games but 95% of the shit ppl say are hot takes and not really experience-enhancing analysis