Tesla

AeroHorn

• 3 months later...

https://ir.tesla.com/news-releases/news-release-details/tesla-q2-2019-vehicle-production-deliveries

Tesla Q2 2019 Vehicle Production & Deliveries

PALO ALTO, Calif., July 02, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In the second quarter, we achieved record production of 87,048 vehicles and record deliveries of approximately 95,200 vehicles. In addition, we made significant progress streamlining our global logistics and delivery operations at higher volumes, enabling cost efficiencies and improvements to our working capital position.

Production Deliveries  
  Model S/X 14,517 17,650  
  Model 3 72,531 77,550  
  Total 87,048 95,200  

Orders generated during the quarter exceeded our deliveries, thus we are entering Q3 with an increase in our order backlog. We believe we are well positioned to continue growing total production and deliveries in Q3.

Customer vehicles in transit at the end of the quarter were over 7,400. Due to the order-to-VIN matching process we described in our Q1 2019 Shareholder Letter, which we extended to Model S and Model X in Q2 to improve process efficiency, this metric has become less relevant. As a result, we do not plan to disclose the customer vehicles in transit metric going forward.

Our net income and cash flow results will be announced along with the rest of our financial performance when we announce Q2 earnings. Our delivery count should be viewed as slightly conservative, as we only count a car as delivered if it is transferred to the customer and all paperwork is correct. We count a produced but undelivered vehicle to be in transit if the related customer has placed an order or paid the full purchase price for such vehicle. Final numbers could vary by up to 0.5% or more. Tesla vehicle deliveries represent only one measure of the company’s financial performance and should not be relied on as an indicator of quarterly financial results, which depend on a variety of factors, including the cost of sales, foreign exchange movements and mix of directly leased vehicles.

Forward-Looking Statements

Certain statements herein, including statements regarding expected future vehicle deliveries and production, are “forward-looking statements” that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements are based on management’s current expectations. Various important factors could cause actual results to differ materially, including the risks identified in our SEC filings. Tesla disclaims any obligation to update this information.

Edited by hornfan785

5 hours ago, hornfan785 said:

https://ir.tesla.com/news-releases/news-release-details/tesla-q2-2019-vehicle-production-deliveries

Tesla Q2 2019 Vehicle Production & Deliveries

PALO ALTO, Calif., July 02, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In the second quarter, we achieved record production of 87,048 vehicles and record deliveries of approximately 95,200 vehicles. In addition, we made significant progress streamlining our global logistics and delivery operations at higher volumes, enabling cost efficiencies and improvements to our working capital position.

Production Deliveries  
  Model S/X 14,517 17,650  
  Model 3 72,531 77,550  
  Total 87,048 95,200  

Orders generated during the quarter exceeded our deliveries, thus we are entering Q3 with an increase in our order backlog. We believe we are well positioned to continue growing total production and deliveries in Q3.

Customer vehicles in transit at the end of the quarter were over 7,400. Due to the order-to-VIN matching process we described in our Q1 2019 Shareholder Letter, which we extended to Model S and Model X in Q2 to improve process efficiency, this metric has become less relevant. As a result, we do not plan to disclose the customer vehicles in transit metric going forward.

Our net income and cash flow results will be announced along with the rest of our financial performance when we announce Q2 earnings. Our delivery count should be viewed as slightly conservative, as we only count a car as delivered if it is transferred to the customer and all paperwork is correct. We count a produced but undelivered vehicle to be in transit if the related customer has placed an order or paid the full purchase price for such vehicle. Final numbers could vary by up to 0.5% or more. Tesla vehicle deliveries represent only one measure of the company’s financial performance and should not be relied on as an indicator of quarterly financial results, which depend on a variety of factors, including the cost of sales, foreign exchange movements and mix of directly leased vehicles.

Forward-Looking Statements

Certain statements herein, including statements regarding expected future vehicle deliveries and production, are “forward-looking statements” that are subject to risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements are based on management’s current expectations. Various important factors could cause actual results to differ materially, including the risks identified in our SEC filings. Tesla disclaims any obligation to update this information.

Looks like solid results to me. Tesla’s are so common here in Austin; seems a pretty obvious trend here. Wish I had bought more shares sub$200...oh well. 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Pick up unveiling tonight.  I fully expect most current pick up drivers to hate it, but will be interesting to see what Musk has dreamed up here.

https://www.teslarati.com/teslas-futuristic-supertruck-pickup-is-over-seven-years-in-the-making/

Everyone is really talking up how weird it's going to look. I'm not sure who it's going to appeal to. People that already drive trucks but are interested in electric will probably just wait for the electric F-150. People that want an electric car but don't yet drive a truck will probably just stick with Model S/X.

Then again, there's probably a reason why Musk is a billionaire and I'm not.

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If it really is weird looking, I’d like to hear an explanation as to why. Just like the cars look like cars, the truck can look like a truck. If there’s any functionality that necessitated a design difference I want to know about it. 

Elon has always said it was just kind of something he wanted to do and wasn't actually concerned about how many they sell.  Which is weird to me.  

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If it really is weird looking, I’d like to hear an explanation as to why. Just like the cars look like cars, the truck can look like a truck. If there’s any functionality that necessitated a design difference I want to know about it. 

It almost certainly is going to be aero-driven.  Bad aero kills range, and most trucks are horrible at it.  Poor baseline shape, "tough" design flourishes that worsens the Cd, and then a gigantic frontal area, means horrible drag performance.

Chassis has to be strong (read = heavy) for towing capacity.  More battery and beefier motor to compensate for that mass... which means even more mass.

They need to attack efficiency everywhere they can, and the easiest place to start is with the design.

I expect the front to look like the semi, maybe with a straight line accent in front that is part of the teaser image. Regarding customers, they could be looking for business customers, where they may get good ROI while being environmentally friendly. The overlap between existing truck customers and EV enthusiasts may be low; so I don't expect it to be hot with consumers in the near future.

8 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Is he still getting most of his money from the government? If that’s the case, then no, he doesn’t care how many sell.

The money comes from investors I believe.

Always the next great game changing thing just around the corner

I think Elon's true genius (besides being born into a family who owns a Zambian emerald mine) lies in endlessly sucking up billions of our tax dollars so he can build toys for upper-middle class urban liberals.  

Edited by Fozzz
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, horncyclist said:

It's definitely different. I don't know. I kind of like it. As a business strategy, it seems like they could have been edgy while still appealing to the mass market for trucks. Don't see many guys driving f-150s going for it. 

I think Elon has said that they will probably make a more realistic one later on.  This just seems like a pet project and a bit of a troll.