2019 Texas HS football

Machinator

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

nope the 6-0 vote was from the state committee, says so right in the tweet.  

The initial 6-0 vote was from the district that Tomball is in, which was then upheld 6-0 by state committee. However, someone mentioned that it is very rare for the state committee to overrule a unanimous district vote.

3 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

The initial 6-0 vote was from the district that Tomball is in, which was then upheld 6-0 by state committee. However, someone mentioned that it is very rare for the state committee to overrule a unanimous district vote.

Got it.  Should have known this was the appeal.

2 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

College Station HS is in their district.  Jimbo couldn't even pull a yes vote from them?

Edited by Beau Vine

7 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

12-0. It’s a sign. Whoop!

• Like 1

I'm excited about Lampasas.  Dave Campbell's has them ranked #9 in 4AD1.  They'll be favored in every game except Liberty Hill, and they get the Panthers at home October 18.

14 starters back (7O/7D)

QB, RB, 3 WR and a couple big OL are back on offense.  They're going to burn teams so bad.  All the skill positions run a 4.5 or 4.6.  Three of the OL are listed as: 6'0 225, 6'4 310, and 6'6 320.

Defense should be better.  Return a lot of guys and get a LB back that didn't play in 2018.

9 hours ago, Longhorn Al said:

I'm excited about Lampasas.  Dave Campbell's has them ranked #9 in 4AD1.  They'll be favored in every game except Liberty Hill, and they get the Panthers at home October 18.

14 starters back (7O/7D)

QB, RB, 3 WR and a couple big OL are back on offense.  They're going to burn teams so bad.  All the skill positions run a 4.5 or 4.6.  Three of the OL are listed as: 6'0 225, 6'4 310, and 6'6 320.

Defense should be better.  Return a lot of guys and get a LB back that didn't play in 2018.

Saw them play two years ago, and most of their offense seemed to be sophomores (who were good).

57 minutes ago, cafe society said:

FSSWHa has Wall (3-3A D1) at Mason (14-2A D1) at 7 tonight in battle of small school titans.  

Can't watch on Dish because of their fucking dispute with Fox sports.

This shit has been going on for week's.

Edited by Alex Karev
Spelling

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

McKinney North vs. McKinney High on TXA21 here in north Texas tomorrow night. Couple of not so great schools, but it’s a crosstown rivalry game and they have a fancy seventy million dollar stadium! 

Jeez, McKinney High was the only high school and was 3A when I lived in Denton.  How many high schools there now?

10 minutes ago, jinx said:

I kept flipping back and forth but never heard Evans mentioned once.  Anyone have his final stat line?

Had to be less than 40 yards rushing. Went untouched on a 25 yard TD. Horrible body language throughout the game and ran out of bounds to avoid contact at least once. He has skills but I think the bust potential is high. 

4 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Had to be less than 40 yards rushing. Went untouched on a 25 yard TD. Horrible body language throughout the game and ran out of bounds to avoid contact at least once. He has skills but I think the bust potential is high. 

He's gonna sit out rest of this season to preserve himself for college. 

I say that tongue in cheek but would it really shock any of us?

5 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

He's gonna sit out rest of this season to preserve himself for college. 

I say that tongue in cheek but would it really shock any of us?

No. Did anybody else watch the full game? Evans looked frustrated even when North Shore was up big at halftime. I didn’t see Shadrach Banks, the NS WR committed to aggy. Did he play?

North Shore looked like they spent all summer listening to college coaches and the camp circuit tell them how great they are. The body language of their whole team seemed like they were shocked that Katy didn't just quit. Katy whipped their ass in the trenches the entire 2nd half.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hornstrader said:

North Shore looked like they spent all summer listening to college coaches and the camp circuit tell them how great they are. The body language of their whole team seemed like they were shocked that Katy didn't just quit. Katy whipped their ass in the trenches the entire 2nd half.

This is what I was trying to say but you said it better. It looked like they wanted to be anywhere else but playing football. 

9 hours ago, jinx said:

I kept flipping back and forth but never heard Evans mentioned once.  Anyone have his final stat line?

Actually surprising you didn't hear his name mentioned as ESPN has him as their #1 recruit for 2020 and went on and on... and on... and on.... about how incredible he is at one point running clips of Eric Dickerson comparisons... 

It was clear after watching this years game vs last years games how much of a difference maker Shadrach Banks makes. I don't think Katy would have won the game if he played.

• Like 2

I can't stand Katy (Mayde Creek holla), but damn if that isn't a well coached team that came out in the 2nd half with a fire.

North Shore offense knew they were done by the start of the 4th quarter, and that defense was gassed from the time of possession.

Katy is going to turn that Sr. transfer RB Hoff into a star and then wear him down into a 40-year-old man by the end of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Actually surprising you didn't hear his name mentioned as ESPN has him as their #1 recruit for 2020 and went on and on... and on... and on.... about how incredible he is at one point running clips of Eric Dickerson comparisons... 

It was clear after watching this years game vs last years games how much of a difference maker Shadrach Banks makes. I don't think Katy would have won the game if he played.

Yep, they mentioned he was a five-star about 38 times last night... and I only watched one half.