5. Grapeland 5-1 d. Burkeville 45-22
6. Bremond 5-1 lost to Hamilton 47-21
7. Wellington 4-1 Idle
8. Flatonia 5-1 lost to Weimar 19-7
9. Gruver 4-2 lost to Wheeler 37-30
10. Hamlin 3-2 Idle

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Did you see the vid? A lot of other HS players are chiming in saying that he was throwing racial slurs at them during 7v7 tourneys in the summer. 

I read a transcript of the “snap”.  not a big deal, at all.

what should happen to the kid?  and how much should we talk about it on social media?

Edited by futureman

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

I read a transcript of the “snap”.  not a big deal, at all.

what should happen to the kid?  and how much should we talk about it on social media?

I think he got an appropriate punishment. He doesn't seem racist but he does seem like an idiot. I was also a teenager when facebook/twitter/instagram were a thing. There's no videos or posts of me using racial slurs or offensive language. It's not that goddamn hard. 

Just now, Helobious said:

I think he got an appropriate punishment. He doesn't seem racist but he does seem like an idiot. I was also a teenager when facebook/twitter/instagram were a thing. There's no videos or posts of me using racial slurs or offensive language. It's not that goddamn hard. 

I don’t give a shit if there isn’t a video.  you gonna tell me you never, ever used the word “nigga” while joking around or talking shit to your friends?  if you never did, I tip my cap to you. 

• Fuck You 1

53 minutes ago, futureman said:

I don’t give a shit if there isn’t a video.  you gonna tell me you never, ever used the word “nigga” while joking around or talking shit to your friends?  if you never did, I tip my cap to you. 

Um, yes? I heard it a lot but I wasn’t a poser black wannabe or a racist so I didn’t use it myself. 

On a totally different topic-my uncle is coming in for Texas-OU-wants to go to a high school game Friday night... Any ideas on best game?

Thinking Frisco Lone Star vs Frisco Independence... Both are undefeated though Independence doesn’t seem to be getting as much love???

31 minutes ago, RiceOwl said:

On a totally different topic-my uncle is coming in for Texas-OU-wants to go to a high school game Friday night... Any ideas on best game?

Thinking Frisco Lone Star vs Frisco Independence... Both are undefeated though Independence doesn’t seem to be getting as much love???

lone star will run-rule them.  lone star’s defense is the best in the state and they have marvin mims at receiver.  they are very good, much better than independence. 

go see duncanville play and tell us how good JQJ looks. 

Edited by futureman

41 minutes ago, RiceOwl said:

That game is Thursday.  I'd go see Mansfield Summit @ Cedar Hill.

• Like 1

Port Lavaca Calhoun will have to forfeit its win against Alice on Friday because of playing an ineligible player, Coyotes coach Kyle Atwood confirmed on Monday.

The Port Lavaca Wave newspaper reported the forfeit of the game, which Calhoun won 55-7, stems from the Sandcrabs using a player that was supposed to have sat out the first half of Friday’s game. Atwood said there was some confusion about the eligibility of the player after an ejection on Sept. 27 as Calhoun played the player inadvertently.

UIL rules state a player must sit out the first half of the next game after an ejection but Atwood said Calhoun coaches had received information that he was eligible.

A statement on the Calhoun ISD website stated that the coaching staff "sought clarification from the Texas Association of Sports Officials to better understand policy that governs the student athlete's status, after a situation occurred during a game on September 27. It is unfortunate that there was a misunderstanding between the entities involved regarding the player's status."

Whitaker told the Victoria Advocate that he will receive a report from TASO about ejections but did not receive one and did not call the UIL for future clarification.

“Where I screwed up is I went back to TASO. I said, ‘I haven’t seen a report on this kid,’" Whitaker told the Advocate. “They got back to me and said that report was never filed by the official. I watched the film and he (the ejected player) never made contact maybe the official pulled the ejection. I talked to three TASO officials and they all said just fall back on local policy. I said, ‘We have no local policy on ejections.’ I didn’t follow through with it and call UIL.”

Atwood said Monday that Whitaker called him Saturday to tell him about the situation and that he had self-reported it to the UIL. Atwood said the District 15-5A Division II executive committee was notified and also he received a call from the UIL saying that the violation was reported.

With the forfeit, Alice improves to 5-0 on the season and 2-0 in District 15-5A Division II play and Calhoun falls to 3-2 and 1-1.

People are going crazy complaining about the officials in that game tonight.

WL got a pick with about 5 mins to play that prob would have sealed it. Apparently they threw the flag for defensive holding after the INT.

A few other issues with calls also. But at the end of the day - LT did what they needed to do to win.

Tough spot to put that kicker in, 40+ yards into a hard wind. 

Agree. No one I talked to thought he had the leg to make that kick. Tough call by Dodge as it was 4th and 8.

I told my wife I would have kicked it before the play but several friends think they should have gone for the first. LT had a hard time stopping the zone read.