2019 Texas HS football

Machinator

23 minutes ago, ImGolfn said:

My alma mayer 6A D2 state finalist last year West Brook beat Kingwood 55-21.

My kids are in Brenham, how the F they're in region 4 is mind bottling.   Their 2nd round game is against Mercedes.  Could you find 2 schools in the same bracket farther apart?  Guessing they have to be playing it in Corpus next week

Mercedes lost to Alice tonight. 

Lake Travis 21

Smithson Valley 3

My son played his last game of football tonight, Linebacker for Smithson Valley, it was a little emotional.

Lake Travis will play SA Madison next round, should be an easy game for LT. Smithson Valley destroyed Madison earlier this season in a non-district game.

• Like 4

On 11/12/2019 at 6:34 PM, Beau Vine said:

Part of me thinks they will -- programs usually opt up when there are not enough nearby schools at the assigned level and there aren't many/any CC area 4AD1 schools.  

Part of me thinks they'll stay down to increase their chances of finally winning a state championship.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:06 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Danaher rules the roost in calallen, it'll be up to him and him alone 

Since I'm kind of involved with things on the ground here in Calallen,  I'll guess we will fall where ever the UIL decides is the cutoff.  We might be the largest school in 4A or the smallest in 5A.   However I expect the dip if we do fall to 4A to be a two year thing as we do expect the enrollment to increase fairly steady after 2022 as we are building an additional elementary school to accommodate capacity right now.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ImGolfn said:

My alma mayer 6A D2 state finalist last year West Brook beat Kingwood 55-21.

My kids are in Brenham, how the F they're in region 4 is mind bottling.   Their 2nd round game is against Mercedes.  Could you find 2 schools in the same bracket farther apart?  Guessing they have to be playing it in Corpus next week

Actually you all are playing Alice, not Mercedes.  I hear it's in San Antonio.

If we beat Kerrvile and you guys beat Alice, we will meet again next week and I'm going to guess it will be in SA or maybe Victoria.   

Last night, I was debating on going to watch my first 6-man game, a Bi-District tilt between Groom and Kress in nearby Claude on a relatively nice November evening.

Groom won 80-0.  Glad I did not go...  There will be others.

In the 5A-DII Bi-District round, I was VERY surprised  all four teams from District 3 won, even Old High.  Randall over Northwest was unexpected...

My nephew is a starting CB for Flower Mound, and last night they won their first-ever playoff game with a last-second victory over Keller. Their reward? A match-up next Saturday with Duncanville. Ouch. On the bright side, it gives me an excuse not to go to Waco next week. I fucking hate going to Waco.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MaxHorn said:

My nephew is a starting CB for Flower Mound, and last night they won their first-ever playoff game with a last-second victory over Keller. Their reward? A match-up next Saturday with Duncanville. Ouch. On the bright side, it gives me an excuse not to go to Waco next week. I fucking hate going to Waco.

Do u have the site for this game?  Been wanting to see JqJ play.

23 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

My 4A Decatur Eagles stayed perfect last night and get rewarded with a trip to....Odessa. 10 hour day trip on Thursday upcoming . 

CSB. I went to elementary school with Mike Fuller.  His dad coached my older bro...

To be clear, it's 10 hours round trip.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iceman said:

CSB. I went to elementary school with Mike Fuller.  His dad coached my older bro...

To be clear, it's 10 hours round trip.

Yeah i realized that i didn’t specify that very well. 

Great guy, great coach.  I’ve enjoyed working with him for sure.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Westlake and LT are both playing in San Marcos against SA teams next Friday... trying to decide which game I'll go to.  

I can walk to Bobcat Stadium from my house, so that might decide it, but looking for other input.  

Brennan has been out their starting QB most of the year, but they’ve put together a solid year against a weak schedule. They’re 1-2 against teams with a pulse. Westlake should cakewalk.

Madison is still a far cry from their 2000s-early 2010s glory days. They won the NEISD district title (Reagan had a down year big time, Johnson sucked after losing their do-everything RB to a knee injury late in the year). LT should also roll. If I was you I would just make the trip to watch Wimberley get curbstomped by ZaRaivion Armendarez  and the Raymondville Bearcats.

Well damn I just saw that Reagan upset O’Connor today. 

Edited by Helobious

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Brennan has been out their starting QB most of the year, but they’ve put together a solid year against a weak schedule. They’re 1-2 against teams with a pulse. Westlake should cakewalk.

Madison is still a far cry from their 2000s-early 2010s glory days. They won the NEISD district title (Reagan had a down year big time, Johnson sucked after losing their do-everything RB to a knee injury late in the year). LT should also roll. If I was you I would just make the trip to watch Wimberley get curbstomped by ZaRaivion Armendarez  and the Raymondville Bearcats.

I appreciate the scouting report, but there's no fucking way I'm driving all the way to Mathis.  I have already seen ZaRaivion's hudl, and he's a stud and Wimberley will have trouble with him. Surprised you haven't crowed about La Feria yet.  

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Westlake and LT are both playing in San Marcos against SA teams next Friday... trying to decide which game I'll go to.  

I can walk to Bobcat Stadium from my house, so that might decide it, but looking for other input.  

Should be Westlake and Brennan at Bobcat at 7pm, Lake Travis and Madison at San Marcos High/Rattler Stadium at 7:30pm.

20 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I appreciate the scouting report, but there's no fucking way I'm driving all the way to Mathis.  I have already seen ZaRaivion's hudl, and he's a stud and Wimberley will have trouble with him. Surprised you haven't crowed about La Feria yet.  

They’ll have their hands full with LH & their illegal shift offense. La Feria likes to score quick, their defense could be out there a very long time. Then if they win they gotta deal with Beeville or El Campo. Super tough bracket they ended up in.

Kinda sad that they can't scrap up some change to build a new stadium or at least heavily renovate memorial stadium.

They built two new high schools here when we didn’t need two new high schools. This town is stupid. Moving back to Austin in 3 weeks.

Both new high schools are identical. It’s impossible to get in and out (1 entry/exit) and it fucking sucks bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

They’ll have their hands full with LH & their illegal shift offense. La Feria likes to score quick, their defense could be out there a very long time. Then if they win they gotta deal with Beeville or El Campo. Super tough bracket they ended up in.

El Campo barely beat Fred, which really shocked me.  

And beating LH will depend on if you get an officiating crew that will be willing to call that shit over and over.  

27 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

They built two new high schools here when we didn’t need two new high schools. This town is stupid. Moving back to Austin in 3 weeks.

Both new high schools are identical. It’s impossible to get in and out (1 entry/exit) and it fucking sucks bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Damn dude, I only go there because it was my birth place and need to visit family, why would you live there as an adult by choice?

12 hours ago, Helobious said:

Didn't they beat Jones last year? I'm assuming the entire team came back to improve as much as they have. They'll still have to deal with the same QB that beat them though. I might make the drive down to SA to catch LF/LH. Not expecting a win but expecting a toss-up.