2019 Texas HS football

Machinator

10 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

thought I saw on the local news that College Station played their first round game at home. Are they doing that now?

Pretty sure it's the same as it's always been - agree to a neutral site or flip to play at somebody's home field. Guess they couldn't agree on a neutral site.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

thought I saw on the local news that College Station played their first round game at home. Are they doing that now?

Many of the 5A and 6A schools are doing this for the first round only. I believe it is agreed upon by the Districts  beforehand, according to teams' respective seeding.

Smaller schools are still doing what Idiotsavant described.

Edited by Iceman

In 5A/6A in the valley, since the first two rounds are typically against valley teams (or Corpus/Laredo), the first round is hosted by higher seed and the second round is a coin flip for home (sometimes they agree on a neutral site in the middle, but more often it's hosted by one of the teams).

To take it a step further, my senior year, we played SA Madison in the 3rd round (4 hour one way trip). My coach wanted to flip for home/home, their coach wanted a neutral site, so they flipped to see which one it would be (flip for home or neutral site). We won that flip, which meant we were gonna flip for home site. We won that flip as well, so they had to make the drive to the RGV to play.

Allen HS football lost a young man Saturday night to a senseless drive-by shooting. He was a great kid. Please share and consider donating to the gofundme (link below). 

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/11/17/1-person-found-dead-in-shooting-at-plano-home-police-say/

https://www.gofundme.com/f/funeral-services-for-marquel-ellis-jr

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

6A D1 Region 3 is absolutely loaded:

Katy (11-0) vs Cy Fair (11-0)

North Shore (10-1) vs Dawson (10-1)

Cy Falls (10-1) vs Tompkins (10-1)

Atascocita (10-1) vs Dickinson (10-1)

That's some crazy Round 2 match-ups. Who yall got in those games?

Katy (by 10)

North Shore (by 14)

Tompkins (squeaker)

Dickinson (14+)

Will anybody be at The Star tomorrow?  Pleasant Grove at 4:30, still on the fence about driving over there or going to the lease. 

Frisco Vs SOC 7:30 Friday. Pleasant Grove is Sat. 4:30. Think I’ll go to both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

I agree with most of your picks, but with Katy barely squeaking by their first round game with Ridge Point I'm going to call an upset and say Cy-Fair beats them

Very possible. RP came in and dominated the first half and also knocked out Katy's top two RBs very early on. Once they adjusted and got going they looked like the Katy we've seen all year. If their backs are back (especially Hoff) they should be fine otherwise the door is definitely open. Right now saying game-time decisions likely out right now.

12 hours ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

I will be at AT&T stadium tomorrow to catch the double header of Desoto vs SLC and Rockwall vs Allen. Excited to see Quinn Ewers up close, however I think Desoto upsets them. 

I haven’t followed southlake but I recently saw they are nationally ranked.  is riley dodge the real deal?  are they back?  

• Like 1

Any way I can watch the Midland Lee Arlington game online? 
Not being a smart ass but yes, there is an app for that. Cant recall it, I got a new phone and havent searched it out. I think it's about $15 or so for a helluva lot of games. I used it last year and streamed to my media room. Rudimentary at best but I knew what was going on.

12 hours ago, futureman said:

I haven’t followed southlake but I recently saw they are nationally ranked.  is riley dodge the real deal?  are they back?  

Their QB is legit, hes just a sophomore I believe and if he keep improving he's on track to be the #1 QB in the nation for his class. But they struggle against speed. Their about to see the fastest team they've faced all year. We will see what they are made of today. 

11 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Have no doubt...Katy will win.  Last week... wake up call.

Very true, knowing they struggled last week is a wake up call and Coach Jo will definitely have those boys locked in. We'll see if Ridge Point found the blue print at stopping them and if Cy Fair and do it. It's going to be a battle. Cy Fair's RB is the real deal.  Also Katy was banged up last week, interesting to see if they bounce back healthy or limp into this game bc of injuries.